Week 01 NCAA Football | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Week 01 NCAA Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Didn't Matt Applebaum BC offensive line coach go to UConn. I think he played football too,

Reaction Score
Good win for BC. Should knock fsu back into reality mode, and Clemson as well.

it’s going to be a mess in the acc and big 12 to try and have someone standout. it’s going to be a bad year. People arguing 8-4 Texas over 9-3 clemson, and 9-3 Oklahoma state.

Reaction Score
How come O'Brien can turn BC offense into a machine in literally one off season while our coaching staff can't get a pass completed for a first down?

it’s going to be a mess in the acc and big 12 to try and have someone standout. it’s going to be a bad year. People arguing 8-4 Texas over 9-3 clemson, and 9-3 Oklahoma state.
BC kept their players and they have experience playing together. The names are the same that UConn played against last year. As disturbing as it is they look to be very talented and well coached. I was looking forward to FSU crushing them, but the opposite happened. They have only one more ranked team on their schedule, Missouri, and it seems to me that they can challenge for an ACC championship and playoff berth. FSU looked terrible. Everyone thought the Georgia Tech loss was a fluke. Clearly that is not the case. They will lose more games. Out of the playoffs already.

Reaction Score
BC kept their players and they have experience playing together. The names are the same that UConn played against last year. As disturbing as it is they look to be very talented and well coached. I was looking forward to FSU crushing them, but the opposite happened. They have only one more ranked team on their schedule, Missouri, and it seems to me that they can challenge for an ACC championship and playoff berth. FSU looked terrible. Everyone thought the Georgia Tech loss was a fluke. Clearly that is not the case. They will lose more games. Out of the playoffs already.
If bc makes the cfp, that will be end of the acc. No chance Clemson, Miami, Florida state are going to sit by and watch bc take their spot. They will claim the acc hurts them and try and find off ramp to big 10 or sec.

Reaction Score

It'll be 8 teams from the SEC and BiG + ND + 3 conference champs. The biggest argument will be SEC 3/4/5 vs BiG 3/4/5.

Reaction Score
Boston College trouncing a Top 10 team on the road, and we cant even compete against a poor Power conference team?? Unacceptable. Dont tell me we cant compete with BC for talent?!?
That’s the problem, we can’t get the players. BC can recruit catholic high schools nationally. I knew we were in big trouble when BC hired BOB. This is their first decent coach since Tom O’Brien and BOB has a much higher ceiling.

Reaction Score
If bc makes the cfp, that will be end of the acc. No chance Clemson, Miami, Florida state are going to sit by and watch bc take their spot. They will claim the acc hurts them and try and find off ramp to big 10 or sec.
More like BC gets a B1G invite if they make the CFP. I think BOB will eventually get BC to the CFP, but probably not this year.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
More like BC gets a B1G invite if they make the CFP. I think BOB will eventually get BC to the CFP, but probably not this year.

Let’s not over-rate BCU just because they beat an FSU team that has clearly quit on the season.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Because BC is in a Power conference and UConn isn’t. it really is almost impossible for Mora to recruit legit high level D1 players. Just look at the size of the players on the field for both FSU and BC. UConn doesn’t have anyone close to that size. That’s the difference. UConn recruits high school boys where as the major conferences recruit men.
Didn’t we beat BC 2 years ago? I think we’re closer than you think. The P5/G5 is an easy excuse for bad coaching and play calling.

Reaction Score
They're already trying to find the off-ramp. That's the reason for FSU and Clemson's lawsuit. FSU is afraid of being stuck at the same resourcing level as UCF without the resources to compete with Bama, LSU or even Florida (this year not withstanding); Clemson is throwing the Hail Mary, afraid that if their downturn looks like the 90s and early 00s where they were good but not elite that they are left without value to any of the P2.

Reaction Score
Too bad we didn't start season by playing FSU instead of Maryland LOL even against us no way FSU drops a 50 burger. Evers might be better than DJ U
I wouldnt ever make these kind of assumptions with our program. It's always up to the challenge

Reaction Score
Finebaum this AM said Clemson is one of only a few schools that are not starting any portal players. He said it is Dabo's choice to do it the old way. Will be interesting to see how long that lasts. Saw many players on BC that faced us last year. BC QB was way better than Fla St QB. as he can really run it. BC running game wore down Fla St plus BC has a decent pass rush.

Reaction Score
Imagine if UConn were invited?

Reaction Score
I expect a victory against Merrimack but that's it. It will be nice to be back on Saturday morning with friends. But otherwise it looks like a lost season again.

Reaction Score
I expect a victory against Merrimack but that's it. It will be nice to be back on Saturday morning with friends. But otherwise it looks like a lost season again.
Look on the bright side, things can only get better once you hit rock bottom.

Reaction Score
Finebaum this AM said Clemson is one of only a few schools that are not starting any portal players. He said it is Dabo's choice to do it the old way. Will be interesting to see how long that lasts. Saw many players on BC that faced us last year. BC QB was way better than Fla St QB. as he can really run it. BC running game wore down Fla St plus BC has a decent pass rush.
BC was always known for offensive lineman, just like Foleys lines when he was here. End of the 3rd quarter just started bulldozing.

Reaction Score
Hello? They started that process last December. Maybe a BC spot in the CFP (still unlikely) causes FSU and Clemson to stay in the ACC as they realize that even with more money their chances of getting to CFP from SEC or Big 10 is much tougher. Fix the current roster and they could be back to ACC champions going forward.

Reaction Score
BC was always known for offensive lineman, just like Foleys lines when he qas here. End of the 3rd quarter just started bulldozing.
The O'Brien hiring is maddening. The program was in rough shape but now he has them looking real good and the press keeps playing up the BC legacy of bulldozer o lineman. Makes our recruiting that much tougher, as noted above.

Reaction Score
Everyone else looking forward to the Benedict College Feagles getting the full wrath of the FSU Seminoles in Tallabama tomorrow?
That's what I was watching for but the opposite happened. Frustrating

Reaction Score

It really is amazing.
I feel like he should be writing books on how to interview for jobs bc dude's hiring record is 5-star. All the more impressive since his job performance seems to be 0-3 stars at best.

Reaction Score
How come O'Brien can turn BC offense into a machine in literally one off season while our coaching staff can't get a pass completed for a first down?
Because O'Brien was a successful OC and HC in the NFL and a very successful coach at PSU. BC also has P4 money to hire assistants and coordinators that can make an immediate impact. UConn doesn't have that luxury unfortunately and is why we desperately need Big 12 to invite us.

Reaction Score
Dabo is pulling the Saban move from 6-7 years ago when he refused to adapt his offensive mindset and was getting beat by the high power offenses. Dabo needs to adapt or he's going to get left behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom