Week 01 NCAA Football | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week 01 NCAA Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Opponents probably not much, but life goes on for Washington St. and Oregon St.--who provided a couple of transfer offensive stars for Miami in QB Ward and RB Martinez.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well, Michael Penix will be missed at Washington of course, but Will Rogers is looking good. Doesn't have the cannon, but he's poised and accurate. And that was awfully nice of Coach Fisch to bring Jonah Coleman with him from Arizona. That dude is a beast.

Reaction Score
College football is better when the U is arrogant and kicking ass.

Reaction Score

Four more in misery…

-> UConn: So now word is out that Big 12 commissioner Brett Yormark wants to add UConn, and UConn is apparently receptive to leaving the Big East. To make this potential marriage happen, the Huskies reportedly wouldn’t join in football for a handful of years so they could ramp up to competitiveness. But let’s be real here: Decades may not even be enough time. Some fans may start to criticize coach Jim Mora for lack of tangible progress after Saturday’s 50-7 loss to Maryland. But unless Mora can move UConn’s campus to, say, Florida, this is how it’s going to go in the Big 12 or any other league. <-

Reaction Score
Records vs P4 / G5 / 1AA

BiG 1-1 / 9-0 / 6-0
SEC 2-2 / 5-0 / 6-0
ACC 1-3 / 4-0 / 7-0
B12 1-1 / 2-1 / 11-0
ND 1-0 / 0-0 / 0-0
———————————
.. .. 7-7 / 20-1 / 30-0

Reaction Score
Merrimack may beat us. They played very well vs. Air Force and did a really good job stopping the run.

G5 programs are going to lose by more and more as time goes on. The talent separation is greater than ever. Has a G5 even upset a Power program yet, even come close?
I agree and is a reason that we UConn fans shouldn't lose our minds over the Maryland game yesterday. Plenty of examples this weekend of big losses when G5 goes against the big boys.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree and is a reason that we UConn fans shouldn't lose our minds over the Maryland game yesterday. Plenty of examples this weekend of big losses when G5 goes against the big boys.
UConn fans lose their minds because it's a new season and they once again look atrocious and like they haven't been coached. Maryland plays in the Big 10 but I wouldn't exactly call them big boys. Maryland was picked 11th in the Big 10. After a dozen years of this nonsense I don't think it's too much for fans to ask that we look somewhat competitive in Mora's third season here.

Reaction Score

This is crazy and why we are in this fix. It's insanity to point to others failures and say it's ok for us.

Yesterday was worse than anyone expected.

Reaction Score
UConn fans lose their minds because it's a new season and they once again look atrocious and like they haven't been coached. Maryland plays in the Big 10 but I wouldn't exactly call them big boys. Maryland was picked 11th in the Big 10. After a dozen years of this nonsense I don't think it's too much for fans to ask that we look somewhat competitive in Mora's third season here.
I agree with your points. I am alluding to the wholesale changes that some fans are calling for after one game. I expected a better game as well but not ready to fire the coaching staff after one game. I will be a little more patient.

Reaction Score
I agree with your points. I am alluding to the wholesale changes that some fans are calling for after one game. I expected a better game as well but not ready to fire the coaching staff after one game. I will be a little more patient.
It's not just the coaches, it's the entire roster. We just don't have competitive players.

I'd put the blame for roster construction on Mora, but it's not like he had to pick between Evers and Cam Ward out of the portal. He's living on practically every other FBS, and some FCS, teams' table scraps.

Speaking of Evers I wouldn't put too much stock in the 'he's rusty' argument. You cannot predict how a high school kid is going to perform in front of thousands of screaming fans, television cameras.

There's a reason Evers got lost on the bench at his first two stops; all the physical talent in the world won't matter if you can't handle the pressure of D1 football.

Reaction Score
Might be year 3, but we’ve seen multiple coaching changes at coordinator and position levels, and a much higher player turnover than ever before. I honestly believe he’s trying to fix things, but lack of conference affiliation is killing us.

Reaction Score
Might be year 3, but we’ve seen multiple coaching changes at coordinator and position levels, and a much higher player turnover than ever before. I honestly believe he’s trying to fix things, but lack of conference affiliation is killing us.
I sure hope he's trying but we should expect a lot more from our coach than that.

Reaction Score
Looks like Brian Brewton got zero carries for Middle Tennessee this weekend. I wonder if he is hurt or he is having trouble getting on the field because of better players in front of him.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
So I get it with NIL and all. But this is ridiculous. Why bother to give offers to HS kids if your a major P4 program? I'm watching the LSU/USC game and when LSU had the ball every player who touched the ball was called out as last name and immediately followed up with transfer from. Is anyone on their starting offense a returner from last season? The same was being said about USC's defense. It's just insane to me. I miss the days where you groom a player to get their chance and reap the benefits! Now, a player may blow up and leave before other parts of your team is ready to take that next step and your back to missing pieces.

It's just an insane world and I don't blame any HC for leave CFB. And yes, I know this makes me sound like a grumpy curmudgeon.

Reaction Score
So I get it with NIL and all. But this is ridiculous. Why bother to give offers to HS kids if your a major P4 program? I'm watching the LSU/USC game and when LSU had the ball every player who touched the ball was called out as last name and immediately followed up with transfer from. Is anyone on their starting offense a returner from last season? The same was being said about USC's defense. It's just insane to me. I miss the days where you groom a player to get their chance and reap the benefits! Now, a player may blow up and leave before other parts of your team is ready to take that next step and your back to missing pieces.

It's just an insane world and I don't blame any HC for leave CFB. And yes, I know this makes me sound like a grumpy curmudgeon.
It is an insane world and USC's defense has improved since last year. Good game so far in Las Vegas.

Reaction Score
It is an insane world and USC's defense has improved since last year. Good game so far in Las Vegas.
20-20 with 13 seconds left, USC ready to kick a fg.

Watched LSU’s dline draw a movement penalty by a quick shift. Why can’t we do that? Our shift doesn’t do anything.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Isn’t Diaco a defensive coach at LSU these days? USC has owned the LSU defense these last two minutes.

This has been a great game - a preview of what the playoffs might be like. Crazy that people argued for years that a football tournament was a bad idea.

Reaction Score
A Bob Diaco sighting right before the game winning td just fitting for LSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom