We will handily beat Memphis . . . | The Boneyard

We will handily beat Memphis . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Meaning, we'll comfortably win and be up by at least 9 at the final buzzer after having been up 12 or more for a significant stretch.

Why?
We are gelling. Chemistry is looking good.
Lineup. Much like last year, when the Giffey for Calhoun substitution righted the ship and set the course, Coach O has re-jigged the line up, and everybody seems to have fallen into place. Nolan seems to have emerged from his fugue state, and is suddenly playing respectably.
Confidence is up. For the first time all year, we appear to be playing with a purpose in our heads and a chip on our shoulder.
X-Factor - Purvis is moving strongly in the right direction (substantially due to my 'X-Factor' thread, which he told me he read).
Mojo.
Nuff said.

Big win tomorrow, tight one at Temple, and we . . . are . . . primed.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
cant back you with this statement because it all comes down to if Brimah can stay on the floor... He is a game changer on defense and if we use him on the offensive side geez wed have no trouble with these teams that lack a good sized center

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Of course, you have jinxed us and stand to be hanged should we lose. Mojo don't like no overweening pride. Luckily, our guys are coming together as you said, so you may get off easy here.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Memphis is trash. UConn had to play really, really poorly to lose to that slapd__ck squad. I can't see it happening again.

My new favorite use of the word slapd^ck. Well done. It's a very underappreciated term in my book.

adam-jones-banana-slapdick-tweet.png

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Meaning, we'll comfortably win and be up by at least 9 at the final buzzer after having been up 12 or more for a significant stretch.

Why?

Because Memphis is missing Austin Nichols...

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Memphis is trash. UConn had to play really, really poorly to lose to that slapd__ck squad. I can't see it happening again.

If Memphis is trash, and we beat UConn...then yep, UConn fans are idiots.

The amount of fail in the thread is palpable...

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
A Memphis fan (awkwardly) using a three syllable word is worth a like.

It's like the 'over rated' chant...don't disparage your own W before you've even earned it.

Reaction Score
It's like the 'over rated' chant...don't disparage your own W before you've even earned it.
The use of three-syllable word was awkward before, here it's just straight incorrect.

Memphis is its own joke, and its fans are the punchline

Reaction Score

Yup, it was an embarrassing loss. It is embarrassing to lose to a team as bad as Memphis. No one is saying otherwise.

There's no worse look than someone who thinks they're more clever than they are.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score

Lets not start an argument here but Memphis is definitely trash... UCONN has def played like trash this season as well...Its a bad look for you not to see your team is bad and I know you follow this team closely! Your coach isnt good either and I would hope you see that....

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
The use of three-syllable word was awkward before, here it's just straight incorrect.

Memphis is its own joke, and its fans are the punchline

And here you boys are, stuck with us...

What did that old man say? 'Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"

Reaction Score
First off, this team is 17-11, and you can count their wins over quality opponents on one hand. Being overconfident about them - even at home against an undermanned Memphis team - is senseless.

Now, that brings me to this clown...

If UConn fans are idiots, then what does that say about the guy who chooses to spend so much of his free time talking with those idiots? You really are an obnoxious troll.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
If UConn fans are idiots, then what does that say about the guy who chooses to spend so much of his free time talking with those idiots? You really are an obnoxious troll.

It says we share a conference...

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
It says we share a conference...

I can respect that answer haha...But still Memphis is not good! And I am not on board with this handily win thing either but seriously theyre bad...

Reaction Score
Just confirming Memphis/Tennessee stereotypes one post at a time, this is hilarious

Either he doesn't even realize how ridiculous his posting has become, or is doing it on purpose and that severely lacks a life

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
I can respect that answer haha...But still Memphis is not good! And I am not on board with this handily win thing either but seriously theyre bad...

Where have I said otherwise? In fact, without Austin, you guys should win big...

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Just confirming Memphis/Tennessee stereotypes one post at a time, this is hilarious

Either he doesn't even realize how ridiculous his posting has become, or is doing it on purpose and that severely lacks a life

I wish most people in TN were liberal democrats who lived in a modern, urban setting...but if you think I'm the stereotypical Tennessean...well

https://pobeptsworld.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/barack-Obama-laughing.jpg

Reaction Score
Guys, stop calling a team we lost to like two weeks ago trash, not a good reflection on our team. I get that we all love UCONN, but stuff like that doesn't do us any favors.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Your original message didnt seem like you were in agreement with that which I was shocked by... I mean it could still be a good game cuz Memphis def gets up for a Uconn game... Plus you guys have been under utilizing Nichols recently/ hes been locked down by the other teams... But I guess just having that body out there who can clean up a few boards and drop 8 pts on a bad night is way better then without... we shall see... Honestly just hop Shaq gets in foul trouble before Brimah:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
You are a crummy poster and you're team kinda sucks this year but the thing that really bothers me is your complacency with the conference. You may not be us but you are a hell of a lot better than Tulane and ECU. Stop sticking up for this cluster duck, you don't deserve it either.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Guys, stop calling a team we lost to like two weeks ago trash, not a good reflection on our team. I get that we all love UCONN, but stuff like that doesn't do us any favors.
They are trash? and we also have played like trash? I mean yea there are excuses: we have a whole bunch of guys who havent played these minutes and been depended on for scoring but if were being honest neither team has been good?

Reaction Score
You are a crummy poster and you're team kinda sucks this year but the thing that really bothers me is your complacency with the conference. You may not be us but you are a hell of a lot better than Tulane and ECU. Stop sticking up for this cluster duck, you don't deserve it either.

One word and 3 letters walker - Conference USA, I mean look where they came from. This is heaven for this dope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom