We will be ready for next season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

We will be ready for next season

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Asking too much on factor number 4. UConn does not need to "dominate" SC's big. Just keep the rebounding margin to single digits with less than half of SC's boards being offensive rebounds. Hold Boston under 20 on points and/or boards - which is not THAT hard to do. She's probably gonna get her double/double - just prevent the double 20s. Win with your guards and don't lose much with your bigs. That would produce a close game that could go either way.
That was Geno's criteria not mine but I would still tend to agree with Geno and partially with what you are saying. That phrase "either end of the court" is very important. Using the SC vs Kentucky game as an example- SC out rebounded Kentucky by 12 which was pretty consistent with the two prior meetings. On the offensive end of the court Kentucky was able to get 27 Points from Edwards (a bench player) including the game winning shot in a close game. I think what Geno is saying is you can't expect to get dominated at both ends by the bigs and still even be in the game.

Reaction Score
Asking too much on factor number 4. UConn does not need to "dominate" SC's big. Just keep the rebounding margin to single digits with less than half of SC's boards being offensive rebounds. Hold Boston under 20 on points and/or boards - which is not THAT hard to do. She's probably gonna get her double/double - just prevent the double 20s. Win with your guards and don't lose much with your bigs. That would produce a close game that could go either way.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

UHF

Reaction Score
I think Geno understands how to push supreme athletes 1,000% more than you. No offense. but you're out of your league if you are criticizing his practices. It's almost as if you are implying that you know more than him.

It's almost as if the BY is a fan forum, where members write opinions, yet do not explicitly state they know more than less than perfect Geno. Who woulda thunk it?

;):cool::p:D

Reaction Score
It's almost as if the BY is a fan forum, where members write opinions, yet do not explicitly state they know more than less than perfect Geno. Who woulda thunk it?

;):cool::p:D
It's almost as if on the BY fan forum that opinions are written by members that are amazed that some posters which are a bit off in their critical analysis of Geno and the team that went to the Finals, feel like they shouldn't be challenged. Who woulda thunk it?'

Matter of fact some of teh complainer posters are the same type of posters that are always critical, and were arguing that even though when UCONN was playing well late in the season, at first they didn't believe that UCONN deserved a high 2 seed, and then certainly not a 1 seed.
Who woulda thunk it?

Reaction Score

UConn was consistently beating SCar until Boston arrived, going back to when Dawn got the job. It's always been defense, rebounding and a lot of beef on the front line. UConn won despite being smaller by shooting a lot better and taking advantage of SCar mistakes. It seemed like every game would be close except for 2 or 3 UConn runs when UConn would go on a scoring run and basically the game would be over.
The games this year ended up one-sided but I'm looking forward to next season. I heard today that it is in CT. I have an XL seat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom