We will be a top 25 team next year - Lock it in | The Boneyard

We will be a top 25 team next year - Lock it in

Reaction Score
Im not sweating this Wilson thing. We will be starting 3 big time players next year - Jalen, Terry, and Alterique. We have another very good player in Vital. College basketball is all about guard play. IF Tremont comes even better. Go Huskies! PS. I think Cobb and Whaley are better than people think

Reaction Score
Im not sweating this Wilson thing. We will be starting 3 big time players next year - Jalen, Terry, and Alterique. We have another very good player in Vital. College basketball is all about guard play. IF Tremont comes even better. Go Huskies! PS. I think Cobb and Whaley are better than people think
I trend towards agreeing with you, but this off-season has really proven murphy's law correct. The optimist in me has been severely damaged

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I already made this bet with someone on here months ago.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
The roster is only 10 (currently) but there is serious talent there. Larrier/Adams/Gilbert/Vital are no slouches. Just need the rest of them to make an impact. I'm big on Tyler Polley and Josh Carlton. If we got Waters, and a piece more (grad transfers that is) we could surprise. I'll be cheering no matter what.

Reaction Score
Since this is a safe space for positivity(lol) i think its important to acknowledge the raving reviews our coaches got from sid and family as well as isaiah whaley. Sid didnt not choose UConn because of the coaches he actually almost chose us soley because of them. While whaley cited our S&C coach as a major reason why he committed.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
There's a lot of talent on the current roster, and I'm already on record as saying that we are tournament bound next year.

Will we be top 25? Not sure, but not far off if we aren't. The idea that we need someone from Krypton to make the bubble is pretty "comic"al...

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Well we were definitely a top 25 team last year... and we all know how that worked out.

Reaction Score
His post may have been overly optimistic, but yours is just as overly pesimistic. If terry and rique are who we think they are and CV improves we should be a tournament team
Who do you think Rique will be in his first year of college ball coming off two shoulder surgeries? Who do you think Larrier will be after a torn ACL and not playing D1 ball for 2 years? Outside of Jalen, Rique and Terry it's a team full of guys ranked 150-200 coming out of high school and no frontcourt.

Fishy isn't being a pessimist, he's being a realist.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Who do you think Rique will be in his first year of college ball coming off two shoulder surgeries? Who do you think Larrier will be after a torn ACL and not playing D1 ball for 2 years? Outside of Jalen, Rique and Terry it's a team full of guys ranked 150-200 coming out of high school and no frontcourt.

You and Fishy can go on beeing Eeyore's if you want.

Reaction Score

I forgot that rankings always matter.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Coaches Comment Continued:

The coaches getting the reviews they have been getting, and the reports that came out about how agreessive they were with the wilson recruitment leads me to believe that a serious change in approach and attitude has taken place but just not in enough time to salvage this recruiting cycle. Im interested to see how 2018 shakes out. But chills being on another level recruiting wise(BField and 99 said this), chills developmemtal skills being lauded by recruits, and our s&c coach being a major piece to land a recruit addresses one of the boneyards biggest concerns, development. Add that to an agressive recruiting approach amd we may be coming out of this tunnel of doom. This coming season and the 2018 recruiting results will answer a lot of questions. All we can do is sit back and wait til Nov

Reaction Score

(THIS IS A POSITIVITY SAFE ZONE) Take this to the 'Facts' thread

Reaction Score

I hate to admit it but you're right. There are too many things that would need to go right. I do think we'll be a bubble team, only because some of the guys have some serious chips on their shoulders and lock down D can compensate, but the inexperience and the lack of depth, like last year, is going to be our Achilles' heel.

Reaction Score

But to answer your question idk and neither do you. What we do know is they have star potential

Reaction Score
With the guys we have, whats a realistic starting 5 next yr? Does larrier play the 3 or 4?

Reaction Score

Scrappy?

Reaction Score
Next year could be really ugly if we don't get a few more players for next year that can play some impact minutes off the bench. Are there any grad tranfers left we are connected with? I just don't see how anyone can be too optimistic with what we have next year. We have one proven commodity in Jalen and way too many question marks especially because of injuries. I'm afraid it could get uglier before it gets better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom