We want AZZI | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We want AZZI

Reaction Score
She is like all the other top ranked recruits before her and is going to milk the reruiting process for all its worth. We'll get multiple school lists, interviews where she plays coy, blogs that follow her process, and eventially some spectacle of an announcing event...media in tow for the whole thing....
She doesn't want the extra attention, neither do her parents. They are super aware of the potential pitfalls, dark sides that can be found on social media platforms, especially for such a highly touted, public, and young kid as Azzi. Keeping her recruitment out of the public eye limits any extra exposure to trolls, overenthusiastic people and their potentially inappropriate comments. To me, that explains why her camp is so unwilling to put out a list of schools, as it reduces the chances specific fanbases would want/need to make direct contact with her. They've had negative experiences on social media in the past.
Here's an excerpt of a Washington City Paper article about Azzi and social media from February, 2019.

Screenshot 2020-06-01 at 9.26.41 PM.png

Reaction Score
What's up with the Azzi kid? We know the obvious...ie: elite player, bestie/w Paige?, nice kid & family, bright.....Why is she holding back with signing? Is she seriously considering a different school than UConn? Seems strange. She can help us big-time! Who out there knows what's going on...do not want a disappointment like Boston.

Because the NCAA won't let her sign 'til the Fall.

By Mr. Obvious.

With or without her, your Huskies are gonna be a great program for the foreseeable future. I'm excited to see how your fab frosh 2020 class does against SCar's fab soph 2019 class in January 2121. It will be interesting to see how much PT Geno gives your 2020s.

Reaction Score

By Mr. Obvious.

With or without her, your Huskies are gonna be a great program for the foreseeable future. I'm excited to see how your fab frosh 2020 class does against SCar's fab soph 2019 class in January 2121. It will be interesting to see how much PT Geno gives your 2020s.
Dawn is going to start paying Geno back for some of those beat downs during the Stewie years the way Muffet did when she had Diggins. South Carolina looks stacked in the coming years. Will be happy just to split the home games in that series.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Dawn is going to start paying Geno back for some of those beat downs during the Stewie years the way Muffet did when she had Diggins. South Carolina looks stacked in the coming years. Will be happy just to split the home games in that series.
You will be lucky just to split the home games in that series. ;)

Reaction Score

Are you suggesting that South Carolina is going to now win 10 straight, by margins of 20+? Because that ain't gonna happen. And I seriously doubt that we are looking at this UConn team suffering a series of "beat downs."

Seems like a lot of people want to start crowning South Carolina before they actually earn it on the court.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

By Mr. Obvious.

But she can give a verbal commitment, can't she? Just like the 2 that verbally committed to South Carolina in the past week.

Reaction Score
But she can give a verbal commitment, can't she? Just like the 2 that verbally committed to South Carolina in the past week.

Yeah, I was being a bit of a smartazz. That's why I tagged it " by Mr. Obvious. And that's 3 in one week.

Reaction Score

Or she can wait like many other UConn recruits.

I hope she waits because I know that if she picked UConn now the "discussion" of who starts in 2021-2022 will start and a year and a half is a long time. :rolleyes:

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Yeah, I was being a bit of a smartazz. That's why I tagged it " by Mr. Obvious. And that's 3 in one week.
Okay.
I guess I missed the news about SC's third verbal, I only saw the 2 threads on the General subforum.

Reaction Score
My secret informer within the Huskies Battle Planning Headquarters has passed along the following information. When we play South Carolina the uniforms will have pieces of Kryptonite sewn into them, thereby depriving the Evil Dawn and her players of their super powers.

Reaction Score
I recognize this is a UCONN WBB board, but you all need to cool it with the morbid obsession over this 17 YEAR OLD GIRL. It‘s downright creepy, basketball prowess notwithstanding.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I recognize this is a UCONN WBB board, but you all need to cool it with the morbid obsession over this 17 YEAR OLD GIRL. It‘s downright creepy, basketball prowess notwithstanding.
And the same type of sentiment as yours is expressed in a good many posts, immediately following the OP, reacting to the original thread poster and yet here we are.
And I agree with you 100% but I guess as long as their no BY rules being violated, the Admins will let this go on, and rightfully so.

However, this thread should die out soon because it's about time for someone else to post a new "What's up with Azzi?" thread. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
And the same type of sentiment as yours is expressed in a good many posts, immediately following the OP, reacting to the original thread poster and yet here we are.
And I agree with you 100% but I guess as long as their no BY rules being violated, the Admins will let this go on, and rightfully so.

However, this thread should die out soon because it's about time for someone else to post a new "What's up with Azzi?" thread. :rolleyes:
Right lol.

Reaction Score
I said on here that South Carolina would be tough to beat, but happy to split.... no way. We will still rule that series.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't know about you folks, but I've got a severe case of Paigemania!

And "the only prescription is more cowbell." :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom