We really need to limit Bouknight's minutes.. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

We really need to limit Bouknight's minutes..

Reaction Score
It was clearly a tongue-in-cheek post, dude. Everyone else in this thread realized that.
It looks like lottery pick after next year. No way we get a 3rd. Like you said limiting those minutes is KEY! No doubt Danny got the memo. Just have to pick and choose the spots to use him.

Maybe give him a little more supervised freedom off the court? Introduce him to that guy...Bunkey? Is that the name?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
6’4” plus he has really really long arms which is something NBA teams look for. Also Bouk called himself 6’5” the other day in postgame, for whatever that’s worth. Might still be growing.

Nobody cares about height anymore. It’s all about reach. Who cares how long a guy’s neck is if he has short arms, and vice versa?

Talking about height is like talking about batting average.

Reaction Score
Just live in the moment whatever happens in the future happens, we do have to get a postseason berth this year to establish a winning culture instead of just talking about it next year.

Reaction Score
6’4” plus he has really really long arms which is something NBA teams look for. Also Bouk called himself 6’5” the other day in postgame, for whatever that’s worth. Might still be growing.
I also noticed the 6'5 thing.

Reaction Score
Nobody cares about height anymore. It’s all about reach. Who cares how long a guy’s neck is if he has short arms, and vice versa?

Talking about height is like talking about batting average.
Akok is probably 6'8.5-6'9 and he's probably the best rim protector in the country.

Reaction Score
In 2OT he had. At the end of regulation he was eligible to play, yet AG took the last shot and hit blocked

I don’t believe he was on the floor. I was at the game so I may be getting regulation/OTs confused. But he tried to check in and the ref wouldn’t let him at the end of one of them. I think it was regulation.

Reaction Score
This is funny. Bouk has played what 50 minutes total and we know. This my friends is what you call the eyeball test. Not stats as much as just seeing all aspects of his talent and potential. I have to say that we couldn’t tell this with Ray at this point. Donyell, yes.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hurley was really high on Bouk during interview leading in to locker room at the half.

Basically said UConn has a bunch of good guys who do what wants, but it's nice to have Bouk because Bouk can create his own and score at a different level than the rest of the team.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I’m definitely in the minority, but I like seeing kids leave early for us. Shows we can recruit/develop talent like the good ‘ol days.
I much prefer it when they COULD leave early, but don't.

Reaction Score
They also listed Kemba at 6 foot and El Amin at 5’10.
I stood next to El Amin once with my BF at the time who was 5’9”. He was taller than El Amin. Soooo...
Bouknight said it.

Reaction Score
Bouknight should be playing 30 plus minutes sooner rather than later if we want to make the Tourney this year. The kid can do it all. So smooth

Reaction Score
Bouknight should be playing 30 plus minutes sooner rather than later if we want to make the Tourney this year. The kid can do it all. So smooth

To bad the nickname "God's Gift" is already taken. What a shame. It would be nice to steal it from an Achiuwa and give it to James Boukets.

JMHO

429 got this...

Reaction Score
His point is that he's playing like he leaves after this year. A compliment. Lamb flirted after year 1.

If he did leave (which I don't think is happening), that would hurt us big time. Way more than help us.

With Boukets #5 next year. Bouk your tickets to Lucas Oil Stadium.

I need to shut up. :) That was fun though.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Btw, Jimmy Buckets is 16/22 (!!!) from the field through his first 3 games.

I remember Antric Klaiber missing his first 19 shots one year.

Reaction Score
As good as Bouk looks I have to think Akok is an even better prospect. He is the prototype modern NBA pf. Blocking shots, switching on pNrs and hitting 3s. I think he has it in him to drive against closeouts too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom