We really need to limit Bouknight's minutes.. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We really need to limit Bouknight's minutes..

Reaction Score
I think he can be a very good point guard. His IQ is off the charts, he sees the whole floor, he can break down the defender and is not selfish.

Play him at the point and let him control the game.

Instead of holding him back the rest of the team needs to follow his lead, make it a goal to play in April this season and then put in the extreme effort it is going to take to get there.

Dream big dreams.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Setting up some great assists now too. Should have 4 if we didn't blow open looks.

Not sure he's a PG. But definitely a solid 2 with combo potential
6-4 shooting guards aren't drafted after 1 or 2 years very often. So his height alone might keep him in college longer. He definitely shows some point guard skills but I'm not sure Hurley is going to put him at the point so he won't get to showcase those skills much.

He's definitely a stud. I hope we get to keep him for 3 years and then he goes lotto.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Or this kid is not going to last 2 seasons in college

Haha, had a similar thought.

When you’re worrying in a kid’s third game whether he’ll be back for his sophomore year (reasonably or not), you know he’s a stud.

What a finisher.

Reaction Score
I think he can be a very good point guard. His IQ is off the charts, he sees the whole floor and is not selfish.

Play him at the point and let him control the game.

Instead of holding him back the rest of the team needs to follow his lead, make it a goal to play in April this season and then put in the effort it is going to take to get there.

Dream big dreams.

Great post. I will go to war with James Bouknight anytime. At a minimum, play him as a point forward. Lots of touches, kid has great court vision, points and assists will flow.

Reaction Score
6-4 shooting guards aren't drafted after 1 or 2 years very often. So his height alone might keep him in college longer. He definitely shows some point guard skills but I'm not sure Hurley is going to put him at the point so he won't get to showcase those skills much.

He's definitely a stud. I hope we get to keep him for 3 years and then he goes lotto.

He played point most of the time he was in the 2nd half. He wasn't even looking to shoot with the lead. He could definitely be a guy who plays SG, but plays with the ball in his hands primarily.

Reaction Score

Donovan Mitchell is like a 6’1-6’2 SG

Reaction Score

Exactly Hooper. JC used to say let a kid like him have a season being the man with expectations and focus on him. And based on the little we have seen of Bouk his goal should be lottery pick not just getting drafted. Talent overhaul is happening!

Reaction Score
We need players to become first round draft picks. That is key to recruiting. In today’s NBA, almost no one drafts upperclassmen in the 1st round. Unfortunate but true.

If Bouknight is a first rounder after two years and UConn is playing at a high level again, that is the best case scenario for us.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I’m definitely in the minority, but I like seeing kids leave early for us. Shows we can recruit/develop talent like the good ‘ol days.

I understand but I selfishly want the program rebuilt before anyone leaves. With that said , he should be a 4 and done.

Reaction Score
Donovan Mitchell is a super human athlete. Like top 1% of top 1%.
And Bouk is an amazing athlete as well, and has about 3 inches on him. I’m saying that 6’4 is a fine size for an NBA SG

Reaction Score
DH can’t recruit Bouk-level talent if they believe a coach is going to limit their playing time to selfishly keep them in school. Then that talent will go play at UK.
A good coach/leader always surrounds him/herself with the best and helps them develop what they need even if only benefits them for a short time.
What you’re suggesting implies these guys are just mercenary and we should just pay them already.

Reaction Score
DH can’t recruit Bouk-level talent if they believe a coach is going to limit their playing time to selfishly keep them in school. Then that talent will go play at UK.
A good coach/leader always surrounds him/herself with the best and helps them develop what they need even if only benefits them for a short time.
What you’re suggesting implies these guys are just mercenary and we should just pay them already.

It was clearly a tongue-in-cheek post, dude. Everyone else in this thread realized that.

Reaction Score
He needs at least two summers with Sal to work on his body. Way to frail for the NBA. No coach would put him on the floor.

Nah. Nba staffs are better than colleges at player development in general although Sal does seem to be a master.

But Bouknight and akok are both on 2 year plans here though that could change. Akok is an nba GM’s wet dream.

Reaction Score
I told you he was going to average 15 a game and you pretty much laughed at me...he’s been doing that already and playing about half the game. He could easily get 20 per game if we needed him to.
If we let him...

Reaction Score
And Bouk is an amazing athlete as well, and has about 3 inches on him. I’m saying that 6’4 is a fine size for an NBA SG
6’4” plus he has really really long arms which is something NBA teams look for. Also Bouk called himself 6’5” the other day in postgame, for whatever that’s worth. Might still be growing.

Reaction Score
Setting up some great assists now too. Should have 4 if we didn't blow open looks.

Not sure he's a PG. But definitely a solid 2 with combo potential
I think you meant superstar 2.

Reaction Score
It was clearly a tongue-in-cheek post, dude. Everyone else in this thread realized that.
Was it? Thank God, I missed that. There were some serious answers so it didn’t seem that way. And it has come up a few times not tongue in cheek

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom