We Never gave up and that we should be Proud of | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We Never gave up and that we should be Proud of

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
d8vd3bd-64a67b4e-0ee1-4eb7-bd2f-1062350629b0.jpg

Reaction Score
Some are looking at the NC loss as a disaster. Well Im looking at it as an accomplishment. With all our injuries and our tuff road to the FF and we made it to the final game that was a huge accomplishment. Take into consideration what we went through this past season and to end up in the Final game....well that is something many never saw coming. In that game Azzi was sick, Dorka was injured, Paige was not up to speed Liv had a groin pull, Evina had an injury and we gritted it out just like we had to do all season. We overcame alot of odds to get there. Many fans never thought we would get through the regionals. We did.

This may have been one of Geno's Greatest Accomplishments. Getting to the Finals with a team that was paralyzed most of the season and in the NCAA's. If we were healthy would we have beaten SC? We will never know because things may have gone differently but they didnt. Congrats to SC and Congrats to UConn for finding their way to get there.

So now we look forward to next year.
Excuse my chest pounding for MY one and only TEAM UC WBB. Like you TonyC, our leading Cheerleader, those that look upon the UC National Championship game as anything other than a victory over disasters are blind to reality. If Uconn didn't have adversity for most of the season, they would have had nothing. Problems, damaged bodies, damaged limbs, illness, Virus masks and lockdowns, the Basketball god seem to have slipped out when we weren't looking.
12 National Championship appearances, and only ONE loss in the dozen. 15 FF equaling Pat Summitts record, set by Pat et al in the time of less available talent or schools ignoring Women's programs. When the book is written, this the 2022 season will have been Geno's and team greatest accomplishment.

Reaction Score
Have to agree. I mean, it's always an "on a given night" kind of thing, and if the breaks had gone differently, we might have won, but that was certainly not a given, or even particularly likely.

I compare it to last year's tournament where we beat Baylor though were probably outplayed for much of the game and depended a little too much on Paige's heroics -- though they were awe-inspiring to watch! When we got to Arizona in the FF, a team we could have beaten on any other night, everyone else was emotionally drained and nothing Paige could do would have been enough. I imagine NC St suffered something similar, pulling out a win over ND they probably should have lost but for Raina's heroics. And they fell to us, even though they could have won on any other night. We rolled over Stanford next, energized by the power of the win over NC St instead of being drained by it, and it wasn't just that Stanford had an off shooting night. They were outplayed, too. We played tough D, tougher than they usually face. They played tough D too. But we'd been prepared for the pressure by the previous win, and they folded when it mattered. There was only so much Hailey Jones could do.

And then we had to face SC, and as with Arizona the previous year, we ran out of gas. It happens. But the journey to that point was awesome. I fully expect SC to run out of gas next year when they face us.
I like your Pro-Uconn Women approach but I believe the truth is --this was Uconn's --A bridge too Far! The Gamecocks, love or hate em, were a well coached, well staffed team with many many healthy, uninjured, un sick players with talent. They were/are an extremely good team. Boston is only one part of their puzzle albeit a major factor in their win. But SC had 10 other players that all contributed.
Paige, the heart and soul of this team visibly limped during the game. Her lateral movements were not that of Paige of 2021. Fudd, sick beyond sick and a no factor.
As much as I dis like this--credit goes to SC for properly defining each Uconn players movement, where and how she will pass,their idiosyncrasies were well diagnosed. On another day, with a healthier team it is still a MAYBE for UConn winning. No, No, NO! Uconn did NOT "run out of Gas". A team hobbled by injuries and sicknesses was beaten by a deeper, stronger team. This UC team deserves praise, not excuses, it deserves to see the situation as it really was. @Tonyc has done that. He and We are really proud of what these kids and Geno accomplished. I have watched those games with DT, Sue, Swin, Asia, Marie, even Barbara turner--They were like the SC team--and I am not more proud of them than this team.

Reaction Score
OK, but you can understand my confusion. You were responding to someone else by replying to my email? :confused:
I thought I was the only one doing that!!! Not the Confusion, the replying to the wrong posting.

Reaction Score
I think that the NC State game was one of the best UConn games that I have ever seen. Maybe, ESPN will play it again as a "classic".
I hope so. I think it was one of the best WCBB games of all time.

Reaction Score
While I agree that the team did an amazing job and should hold their head up high, because this was a crazy year and to make it to the final game.... I hope that players like Paige and Azzi use it as motivation to want to rip the heads off their opponents next year and show them no mercy. I hope this can be used a giant motivator.

Also the Stanford game was pretty darn good too

Reaction Score
I hope so. I think it was one of the best WCBB games of all time.
I get it on Roku/youtube any time. It was a great game, I've been watching all the Championships from 2002 forward--The OKLA game, and the Ok game in Hartford were among the best so was the Minnesota Whalen/McCarville game--The NC was in the top 3 as was the Stanford game. --Face it, Uconn Women have played great BB for decades.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom