We need to be #1 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

We need to be #1

Reaction Score
Alabama has now beat the #1 team twice. We rolled them by 15.

On neutral and on the road no less.

But watch them finish .500 in SEC and make it as a 5-6 seed.

Typical SEC basketball...

Reaction Score
Jumping over Purdue—which won a tough road game that is borderline Quad 1—but not UVA, who won a close buy game against JMU doesn't make a ton of sense. I think they either jump both or neither. My guess is neither.
JMU is better than Nebraska. Calling it a buy game is a little bit disingenuous (but yes it was home vs. on road).

Reaction Score
Dying to see where the clown from the Boulder Daily Camera (Rooney!) has us on his ballot this week. I'm guessing it'll be somewhere around 16-19. The guy clearly doesn't follow college hoops. Not sure why he gets a vote.

Reaction Score
Who cares????? Do you all want t shirts???

Let’s be #1 when it counts, at the end. Polls are meaningless, been that way pretty much forever. You all think it’s gonna change now???

Results are all that matters. We shouldn’t need validation from the sports writer at the Des Moines Chronicle and you all shouldn’t be so butt hurt when he puts us at #8 cuz his nephew got bit by a Huskie dog.

Reaction Score
In a way I hope we are not ranked first. With the tournament the mid season rankings don't really mean anything. I'd almost rather have a team that is playing with a chip on their shoulders because they were slighted by the AP poll voters. "The hungry Huskies"!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Let’s be #1 when it counts, at the end. Polls are meaningless, been that way pretty much forever. You all think it’s gonna change now???

Results are all that matters. We shouldn’t need validation from the sports writer at the Des Moines Chronicle and you all shouldn’t be so butt hurt when he puts us at #8 cuz his nephew got bit by a Husky dog.
You’re the second person in this thread with over 50 replies to say you don’t care. You’re the outlier here. Go away if you don’t care.

Reaction Score
Love the intense vibes for our guys.. Always nice to be recognized in the polls.. Let's keep winning games.. And when its time for the Big Boys to play in March/April.. That's when I want us to show up and deliver (as we always have)..

Foreplay until then

Reaction Score

Results are all that matters. We shouldn’t need validation from the sports writer at the Des Moines Chronicle and you all shouldn’t be so butt hurt when he puts us at #8 cuz his nephew got bit by a Husky dog.
This is so stupid.

Reaction Score
It will be Virginia and Purdue. UConn will be 3 followed by Bama and Houston. If Houston beats Virginia and Uconn beats butler, they should be #2 in 9 days.
There is no scenario UVA would beat UConn in a head to head matchup. 0 chance

Reaction Score

I care. Being ranked #1 will be the biggest middle finger to every single person who said this program was dead over the last 8 years.

Reaction Score
I

Recruits care and potential NIL sponsors probably do also

Reaction Score

That be heap big funny!

Reaction Score
I’m betting we’ll receive votes but #2 or #3
I think we're going to get a fair share of #1 votes and a lot of #3 votes. Will just depend how the votes shake out where we end up in the rankings.

Reaction Score
They will not allow us to jump Perdueeeee. We will probably show up as #2 or #3 to be honest.

UVA and Purdue will be #1 and #2 in some order. We will be #3.
Uconn should move ahead of Purdue because we blew out Florida on the road as well as devouring LIU today by 53.

Reaction Score
JMU is better than Nebraska. Calling it a buy game is a little bit disingenuous (but yes it was home vs. on road).
It is a buy game—they're a Sun Belt team. I do take your point, but I'm not wrong.

They're roughly the same in KenPom. James Madison has beaten nobody; Nebraska has beaten Creighton and should have beaten Purdue. It may end up as a Quad 1 win for Purdue. It is at best debateable that JMU is better than them.

Couple it with Virginia's poor performance against Florida State and the underlying point—that it should be more likely we jump UVA—stands.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Maybe I'm the only one that doesn't want the #1 target on our back right now.
Need to be playing our best ball in March. It's a long season.
We'll be behind Purdue until they lose. Guessing #2 or #3 on Monday

Reaction Score
Uconn should move ahead of Purdue because we blew out Florida on the road as well as devouring LIU today by 53.
I don't think blowing out LIU by any amount is going to move the needle with voters. Nor should it probably.

Last edited:

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Has there ever been a tie with two #1 teams?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom