We need more Tina Charles type players | The Boneyard

We need more Tina Charles type players

Reaction Score
You are so right! She is a rare species. Underrated I have always said.

Reaction Score
We need more Tina type players
We need more Maya type players
We need more MoJeff type players
We need more Stewie type players
We need more Tuck type players

This is fun but exhausting.
I'll help for awhile
We need more Diana type players
We need more Sue type players
We need more Nykesha type players
We need more Swin type players

Reaction Score

I'll help for awhile
So how many championships did Tina, Maya, Diana, Sue, Swin, Nykesha win? I think 2 each? Same as Kia and Gabby. Even the best players in uconn history did not win every year.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
So how many championships did Tina, Maya, Diana, Sue, Swin, Nykesha win? I think 2 each? Same as Kia and Gabby. Even the best players in uconn history did not win every year.
And Sales won one, but your point is well taken. Very few players who have played NCAA D1 WBB have won as many as two championships.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Diana won three: 2002, 2003, and 2004. Nykesha only won one: 1995.

From 2005 to 2007, Uconn did not even make the Final Four. After that and despite that, they recruited Maya, EDD, Tiff and Caroline, and Kelly Faris, all before winning another NC.

Losing in the Final Four on a last-second shot in overtime, even for two consecutive years, is not going to have any negative effects on recruiting. Can ND, Mississippi State, or Louisville say that they made 11 consecutive Final Fours, and won 6 NC's in the last 10 years? Or that every single player who played at UConn for the full four years in the last two decades has been to a Final Four?

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Is there someone saying we don't need or want Tina Charles-type players?

Are there Tina Charles-type players that wanted to go to UConn but Geno turned away?

In all of college basketball, how many Tina Charles-type players have there been since Tina Charles graduated?

Also, just a reminder that Tina Charles wasn't a "Tina Charles-type player" for her first two seasons. She got dominated by Fowles.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Diana won three: 2002, 2003, and 2004. Nykesha only won one: 1995.

From 2005 to 2007, Uconn did not even make the Final Four. After that and despite that, they recruited Maya, EDD, Tiff and Caroline, and Kelly Faris, all before winning another NC.

Losing in the Final Four on a last-second shot in overtime, even for two consecutive years, is not going to have any negative effects on recruiting. Can ND, Mississippi State, or Louisville say that they made 11 consecutive Final Fours, and won 6 NC's in the last 10 years? Or that every single player who played at UConn for the full four years in the last two decades has been to a Final Four?

Yeah, but, but, but the common thread in all those years we didn’t win it all are Geno Auriemma and Chris Dailey. It’s hard to believe they still have a job.

Last edited:

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I'll help for awhile
Heidi Law

Reaction Score
We need more playmaking guards who can penetrate draw fouls and dish off to the closer player to the basket Dangerfield don’t do enough of that. We depend of 3s and jump shots too much. If we not on a fast break we sometimes struggle on offense against good teams

Reaction Score
Yeah, but, but, but the common thread in all those years we didn’t win it all are Geno Auriemma and Chris Dailey. It’s harf to believe they still have a job.
You better turn up your sarcasm meter. Some will think you are serious. LOL

Reaction Score
We need more playmaking guards who can penetrate draw fouls and dish off to the closer player to the basket Dangerfield don’t do enough of that. We depend of 3s and jump shots too much. If we not on a fast break we sometimes struggle on offense against good teams
Yea not always. So you had a problem with Dangerfield going 5 for 5 in the first half from three against S Carolina?
You do know that ND played a very good zone. Very difficult to penetrate against zone.
Struggling against good teams is what is suppose to happen. ND is better than good.

Reaction Score

I don't want to be greedy.........how about just one of each

Reaction Score
Miss her game. Tough inside presence who came through in the clutch.

I think you've got a tough, nasty woman located in Worcester Massachusetts..........waiting for her to make a decision.............

"College-ready frame with intimidating presence in the paint; rebounder deluxe, cleans glass and finishes plays in traffic; emerges as an elite front court prospect in the 2019 class." (Olson)

Physical low-post prospect brings soft touch in mid-post face up game; power post, finishes vs. contact in traffic; defends, rebounds and initiates fast break; competes on both ends of the floor. (Olson)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think you've got a tough, nasty woman located in Worcester Massachusetts.....waiting for her to make a decision...

"College-ready frame with intimidating presence in the paint; rebounder deluxe, cleans glass and finishes plays in traffic; emerges as an elite front court prospect in the 2019 class." (Olson)

Physical low-post prospect brings soft touch in mid-post face up game; power post, finishes vs. contact in traffic; defends, rebounds and initiates fast break; competes on both ends of the floor. (Olson)

Is UCONN recruiting her?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
she has had an offer for a while now..it sure would be nice to keep great New England players home..

I do want some tougher kids. I don't buy that our kids are NOT tough, just that this isn't the toughest bunch we've seen. We tend to recruit a lot of 'nice' kids. Give me some Jamelle Elliot's or Barb Turners or Tamika Williams etc etc.

If there's a Taurasi hanging around...sign her up.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I do want some tougher kids. I don't buy that our kids are NOT tough, just that this isn't the toughest bunch we've seen. We tend to recruit a lot of 'nice' kids. Give me some Jamelle Elliot's or Barb Turners or Tamika Williams etc etc.

If there's a Taurasi hanging around...sign her up.
I believe that Hailey Van Lith, the MVP in the 3x3 tourney last weekend and a cute little kid with a blonde ponytail, is deceptively Badass. She plays with an edge.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom