We need more Tina Charles type players | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We need more Tina Charles type players

Reaction Score
Yea not always. So you had a problem with Dangerfield going 5 for 5 in the first half from three against S Carolina?
You do know that ND played a very good zone. Very difficult to penetrate against zone.
Struggling against good teams is what is suppose to happen. ND is better than good.
No but than she turned around and shot awful the next game but hit 2 big 3s and was nervous out of mind again. And who is just talking about the game against ND? And if you knew basketball you are supposed to penetrate the zone and kick it out. But shooting 5 for 5 has nothing to do about what I quoted.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how underrated a NPOY can be.
Pretty underrated. Why can't people get that? What is so hard about that? She's a ten and considered an eight? You really can't get how that is possible? Honestly?

Reaction Score
Pretty underrated. Why can't people get that? What is so hard about that? She's a ten and considered an eight? You really can't get how that is possible? Honestly?
She was rated as the best player in WCBB... over Maya Moore. I don't know how that can be underrated. Maybe you mean when she won the WNBA MVP she was underrated. Or possibly when she was picked for the U.S. Olympic team. I guess it is hard for me to consider a person who has had these kind of accomplishments in her field to be considered underrated. After all, when you are rated the best.... there is no one under you.

Reaction Score
No but than she turned around and shot awful the next game but hit 2 big 3s and was nervous out of mind again. And who is just talking about the game against ND? And if you knew basketball you are supposed to penetrate the zone and kick it out. But shooting 5 for 5 has nothing to do about what I quoted.
I know plenty about basketball.
You make it sound so simple to penetrate and kick it out.
Uconn players don't know this?
Shooting 5 for 5 has everything to do with it.
You beat a good zone by shooting over it.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score

Could you explain who is underrating her? And when?

Reaction Score
I'll help for awhile
We need more Diana type players
We need more Sue type players
We need more Nykesha type players
We need more Swin type players

More Pam Webbers
More Megan Gardlers
More Ann Strothers

Reaction Score
I know plenty about basketball.
You make it sound so simple to penetrate and kick it out.
Uconn players don't know this?
Shooting 5 for 5 has everything to do with it.
You beat a good zone by shooting over it.
You do beat teams busting the zone by shooting but I wasn’t just talking games in the tournament. You seem to be stuck on that ND and SC game when it was all season this team has been a shooting or fast break team. They get most of there points off transition but beating the zone you can also drive threw the gaps and create for ya self or others. And nothing is easy

Reaction Score
We have two "Tina Charles type" players on the bench, who are, at the very least, worth 5 fouls each. When we are getting banged around under the boards, Camarra and Irwin have shown that they are not afraid to do the dirty work. They obviously don't provide the offense that Tina did, in her last 2 years, but they can wear out an opponents big body in the lane. Against a team with only 7 players, it can be a game of attrition. And yeah, I know. Geno has won 11 more Natty's than I have. JMO.

Reaction Score
Miss her game. Tough inside presence who came through in the clutch.
Bullshit. An insult to these kids who played there hearts out, tohave you experts make dumb statements. Gabby, Lou and more so Nurse have what you areasking for but we got beat by a better team that day only .accept it without trying to blame.

Reaction Score
Could you explain who is underrating her? And when?
Sure. I recently read an article about Geno and they talked about some of the greats that have played for Geno and didn't even mention Tina. Moreover, she is usually given insufficient love on this site for my tastes. You may have a different opinion and are entitled to it, but that is mine.

We have been down this road before. Don't you remember?

Reaction Score
She was rated as the best player in WCBB... over Maya Moore. I don't know how that can be underrated. Maybe you mean when she won the WNBA MVP she was underrated. Or possibly when she was picked for the U.S. Olympic team. I guess it is hard for me to consider a person who has had these kind of accomplishments in her field to be considered underrated. After all, when you are rated the best.... there is no one under you.
Read my reply to Wally East. Ditto here.

Wally East

Reaction Score
Sure. I recently read an article about Geno and they talked about some of the greats that have played for Geno and didn't even mention Tina. Moreover, she is usually given insufficient love on this site for my tastes. You may have a different opinion and are entitled to it, but that is mine.

We have been down this road before. Don't you remember?

Fair enough and apologies for not remembering the previous interaction.

Wally East

Reaction Score
We have two "Tina Charles type" players on the bench, who are, at the very least, worth 5 fouls each. When we are getting banged around under the boards, Camarra and Irwin have shown that they are not afraid to do the dirty work. They obviously don't provide the offense that Tina did, in her last 2 years, but they can wear out an opponents big body in the lane. Against a team with only 7 players, it can be a game of attrition. And yeah, I know. Geno has won 11 more Natty's than I have. JMO.

I think this SERIOUSLY downplays what is meant by Tina Charles-type player. I have a lot of respect for both players but they are nowhere near Charles, even defensively.

Maybe Roger G is right; maybe Tina doesn't get enough respect here. She was more than a big body who could bang on defense. As a junior and senior, she did a great job of actually defending the post and also blocked a LOT of shots AND pulled in her four years pulled in a school-record amount of rebounds.

As for being worth five fouls each, you don't think Notre Dame went to the line enough?

Reaction Score
I think this SERIOUSLY downplays what is meant by Tina Charles-type player. I have a lot of respect for both players but they are nowhere near Charles, even defensively.

Maybe Roger G is right; maybe Tina doesn't get enough respect here. She was more than a big body who could bang on defense. As a junior and senior, she did a great job of actually defending the post and also blocked a LOT of shots AND pulled in her four years pulled in a school-record amount of rebounds.

As for being worth five fouls each, you don't think Notre Dame went to the line enough?
I have nothing but the utmost respect for Tina Charles and what she did at UConn and beyond. Fact is, ND dressed 7 players. Also, the refs are going to send them to the line a bazillion times anyway, they might as well earn it. Z wasn't (I hate saying that instead of ISN'T) big/strong enough to move Shepard. The 2 that I mentioned are, and are not afraid to use their strengths. Even if only for a short period (given their offensive shortcomings). Obviously what we did, didn't work. JMO

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom