OT: - We Need a Big or a Little | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: We Need a Big or a Little

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well nobody can compete w/ Emmylou, Linda and Dolly, but this is a talented trio for a new generation. Aiofe O'Donovan, Sara Watkins and Sarah Jarosz. And they came up w/ the name of their band before Hillary's campaign, so it's not a political statement.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
What ?! Dwight Yoakam or Ry Cooder. Little Sister was originally released by Elvis in 1961.
I was going to post that we could have a Littlewing or Little Sister thread. I’ve actually seen a Littlewing thread on another board a few years back. There was some heated discussion, mostly whether Hendrix, Stevie Ray, or Derek and the D’s version was best.

Reaction Score
Short shorts are okay but I really can’t stand the “diaper” look of some women basketball players nowadays. I doubt we’ll see it at UConn as long as we have Geno and Chris.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Just because it's got a nice groove to it.

Little Head - John Hiatt

Reaction Score
I was going to post that we could have a Littlewing or Little Sister thread. I’ve actually seen a Littlewing thread on another board a few years back. There was some heated discussion, mostly whether Hendrix, Stevie Ray, or Derek and the D’s version was best.

The Corrs did a very nice unique version of their own too :)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I think you must have led a sheltered life , my friend. At the Filmore the announcer introduced them as "Four gentlemen, and one great, great broad. Big Brother and The Holding Company!" Not sure how gentlemanly they were, but she was a great broad.
So at the time I was going to see a lot of concerts, as you can guess by my constantly saying "I saw such a such 3x back in the day" and so forth. My friends had planned to go see The Doors in concert and I at first wanted to go. But in those days there were two requirements, parental permission and the money for a ticket, one usually going hand in hand with the other. At the last minute I had to decline the concert. After it was over my friends excitedly regaled me with the story of the concert. How Morrison was swigging Southern Comfort onstage and such. Then for an encore he called Janis Joplin on stage and they did a duet, while passing the bottle back and forth. Think I still don't kick myself for that miss?

Reaction Score
Last one--

C'est Moi

"And here am I to give my all.
I know in my soul what you expect of me,
And all that and more I shall be.
A knight of the Table Round should be invincible,
Suceed where a less fantastic man would fail.
Climb a wall no one else can climb,
Cleave a dragon in record time,"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psttc

Top Bottom