We Just Need Some New Names | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We Just Need Some New Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Perhaps a function of the Jimmys and Joes rather than Xs and Os. For instance, not many outside linebackers could play the Derrick Brooks position in Monte Kiffin's Tampa 2 defense. There's a lot of time before spring practice. Coach Diaco will undoubtedly review practice notes and game tape before then to see what he has. Given his history at ND and Cincinnati, I am confident in his ability to put players in the best position to succeed.

Uttered by no one in the past three years.

Reaction Score
What is a career high? I've never heard that one before.

Look at Indiana's several previous seasons when they gave up 83 points to Wisky once.

This year was an improvement in both defense and in final record.

Indiana ranked 120 out of 123 is really bad, However William Inge is not the DC of Indiana its Doug Mallory who runs that defense. Inge is the Co-Defensive coordinator/LB coach of Indiana. Diaco and Inge know each other well and learned the same type of defense. Inge can be a good one if he came in as the DC with Diaco giving some advice.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Uttered by no one in the past three years.
I'm trying not to compare Coach Diaco to what this fanbase and program as a whole had to endure over that timeframe (Having a real hard time at it too. But alas, my mother taught me a long time ago that if I don't have anything nice to say, to keep my f$#king trap shut. ;)) It's not fair. They pale in comparison and Coach Diaco's team hasn't yet played a single game. That is why I based my confidence on his own past performance.

Reaction Score
Indiana ranked 120 out of 123 is really bad, However William Inge is not the DC of Indiana its Doug Mallory who runs that defense. Inge is the Co-Defensive coordinator/LB coach of Indiana. Diaco and Inge know each other well and learned the same type of defense. Inge can be a good one if he came in as the DC with Diaco giving some advice.

Be prepared to see UConn ranked really low on defense because for some reason the stat guys are interested in yards against. Diaco's coaching tree comes from the Belichick school. The Patriots are right now 31st in the NFL in yards against, but top 10 in points against. And it has always been like that throughout Belichick's time with the Patriots.

Joe Flacco this morning had this to say about the Patriots:

The Patriots' defense is allowing 372.7 yards per game, ranking 24th overall. They're 18th in pass defense, allowing 240.2 yards per game, and 31st against the run with an average of 132.5 yards allowed.

The Patriots are tied for 10th in scoring defense, giving up 22.2 points per game.

"I think the biggest thing is, just overall as a defense, they’ve probably let up a decent amount of yards, but they keep teams out of the end zone," Flacco said. "They don’t do a lot of things to allow teams to just have quick drives. They don’t commit penalties to allow you to just run them over and get cheap ones. They do a lot of things very fundamentally.

"I think sometimes they give up some yards, no matter what way it is, rushing or passing the ball in their secondary, but they play fundamental, and they have good guys back there so that when they need to and they are called on, they make plays.”

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Undoubtedly. He isn't delaying his search until after New Year's, he's delaying the announcement. He's and the athletic department are doing plenty of leg work right now.

Sí.

I can report that he spent the entire time he was at the basketball game last night texting on his cellphone and looking at binders full of candidates (presumably not women).

Reaction Score
Sí.

I can report that he spent the entire time he was at the basketball game last night texting on his cellphone and looking at binders full of candidates (presumably not women).

So your man crush kept your eyes on him the ENTIRE time you were at the game? Not that there's anything wrong with that? ;)

MattMang23

Reaction Score
So your man crush kept your eyes on him the ENTIRE time you were at the game? Not that there's anything wrong with that? ;)

Lol. It was hard to shift my focus. Good thing my fiancé wasn't there, she probably would have felt a little threatened.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Lol. It was hard to shift my focus. Good thing my fiancé wasn't there, she probably would have felt a little threatened.
From how folks have been talking about Coach Diaco, something tells me you would be the one who felt threatened. Better put a ring on that finger before late August ;).

MattMang23

Reaction Score
From how folks have been talking about Coach Diaco, something tells me you would be the one who felt threatened. Better put a ring on that finger before late August ;).

Lol she's seen him. She said "oh he's..." Then stopped herself. I appreciated her restraint.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
OT - thx for dumping the JH/PP big pic. ;)

No prob. It's a new era. New sig will hopefully be revealed this weekend. Gonna let my artistic creativity come out after a few glasses of rum-infused eggnog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom