We have big game players . . . | The Boneyard

We have big game players . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not going to do any research on this, but we have players that play better (harder?) when the lime light is on.

Specifically I refer to DD. The guy seems to really bring it when we play highly ranked teams. I expected 18 and 10 from his last night and he surpassed my expectations, and he threw in some really nice D to boot.

SN is the same way. The bigger the game, the bigger the balls.

Ryan? Check. I love the way Ryan has amended his game and is playing within the system this year.

Calhoun? Seems to. Guy comes in and nails several shots in the biggest game of the year after a season long slum? If nothing else, OC has got the perfect no-apologies, no-conscience mentality of a scorer, eh?

A bit premature, but I'll throw in Kromah as well - guy brings, essentially, a very high level of play to the most important game of the year for us, IMO. Seemed to really dial it in.

With a nod of the hat to the Professor and Mary Anne,

and the rest, too. Every guy last night just seemed solid.

I really, really love that characteristic about this team, which went from a blast to watch, to tough to watch, to back to a blast to watch.

We are perfectly positioned to beat LVille tomorrow. I expect similar performances all around, again, with AB staying on the court for a few minutes more. Arms straight up! No cheap reach ins! Go dawgs.

Reaction Score
Weren't you the guy that didn't enjoy watching them last week? I don't mean to be a dyck but like KO preaches to his players: never too high, never too low. You seem to love or hate them. There are a lot of peeps here that have little patience with them if they lose and then are making their arguments for Dallas when they win. I love the optimism, now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Weren't you the guy that didn't enjoy watching them last week?
You force yourself to enjoy watching them when they're stinking the place up? Really.

God bless you. The world needs more people like you.

Reaction Score
To be fair, did anyone really enjoy watching them in Houston or Dallas? It was like having dental work done with a screwdriver and sawzall.
Sounds like my first dentist in Danbury.
I was young, the guy was incompetent with novocaine, and every trip was a nightmare.
I grew up in a Leave it to Beaver household, and my parents were tea totalers, so I didn't realize what the smell on the Dentist's breath was till years later; alcohol, and a good amount of it. A dozen years later when I was at UConn I recall him having his license pulled.

On the flip side, I kicked and screamed and gave that bastard hell every time I got in that chair and he hated me more than I hated him, I suppose.

Ten teeth in.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Sounds like my first dentist in Danbury.
I was young, the guy was incompetent with novocaine, and every trip was a nightmare.
I grew up in a Leave it to Beaver household, and my parents were tea totalers, so I didn't realize what the smell on the Dentist's breath was till years later; alcohol, and a good amount of it. A dozen years later when I was at UConn I recall him having his license pulled.

On the flip side, I kicked and screamed and gave that bastard hell every time I got in that chair and he hated me more than I hated him, I suppose.

Ten teeth in.

Hopefully he left you withe more than ten.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
To be fair, I think this team plays to the level of competition.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
To be fair, I think this team plays to the level of competition.
I don't know if that's a fair statement or not. I would categorize it as an opinion.

UCF could be the exception so we'll have to see how things play out, but the team has improved as the front court has played better. An argument could be made that the cliché of "playing to the level of competition" is less accurate than the team is still developing based on the last two games.

This team still hasn't put everything together. The Memphis game was about the closest to getting the maximum from every player. And yet it was an off night shooting wise for Bazz, RB and NG and turn overs were greater than normal.

So as the season progresses we'll have to see if the team can optimize all it's potential and how consistently they can get this optimization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom