We Have A Top 10 Team | The Boneyard

We Have A Top 10 Team

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
We need to beat good teams. We’ll find out real soon if we are a top ten team if we can beat Nova, Xavier, and Marquette. I was just looking at Auburn’s schedule and they have barely beaten anyone good.

Reaction Score
We’ve beaten Butler x2, St Johns and Georgetown on this little run. 3 of the bottom 5 teams in the BE. We’ve looked good the last 3, this isn’t meant to be a downer post. But the schedule is gonna get a lot tougher than these past games. If we beat the next two easier ones and Nova, then yes, we are undoubtedly a top 10 team. But these wins haven’t moved the dial much. Let’s be honest with ourselves.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
We’ve beaten Butler x2, St Johns and Georgetown on this little run. 3 of the bottom 5 teams in the BE. We’ve looked good the last 3, this isn’t meant to be a downer post. But the schedule is gonna get a lot tougher than these past games. If we beat Nova and Marquette, then yes, we are undoubtedly a top 10 team. But these wins haven’t moved the dial much. Let’s be honest with ourselves.
Can only win the games you play…

Reaction Score
We’ve beaten Butler x2, St Johns and Georgetown on this little run. 3 of the bottom 5 teams in the BE. We’ve looked good the last 3, this isn’t meant to be a downer post. But the schedule is gonna get a lot tougher than these past games. If we beat Nova and Marquette, then yes, we are undoubtedly a top 10 team. But these wins haven’t moved the dial much. Let’s be honest with ourselves.
They have when other top big East teams are losing these games. We’ve already beaten Marquette at Marquette. Not saying we are it aren’t. But we’ve proven more than you’re letting on. But as you said, there’s still a lot of work to do

Reaction Score
We are in almost exactly the same spot as we were in last year. We are even matching up similarly to similar teams. The only difference is we've been slightly less injury prone this year (knock on wood).

We pummeled gtown last year in a very similar way. Gtown sucks and they put forward a really lousy effort against us. Tonight means very little.

Reaction Score
Someone's gotta say it, so I'll be that guy: the last time we played a halfway decent team, we blew a double digit lead and almost lost at home. The game before that we lost to a team that has lost 4 of 6 since.

We may well be a top 10 team. Personally, I'll wait until we beat Creighton and Villanova to start crowing about it.

Edit: Holy crap. Like 10 people beat me to it while I was typing this post.

Reaction Score
Love seeing Whaley have his 2 best games this season in his last 2, he looks way more active and aggressive. Love seeing Hawkins draining shots and getting assists. Jackson just had probably the best 5 point, 5 assist, 3 rebound game you'll ever see.

Reaction Score
They have when other top big East teams are losing these games. We’ve already beaten Marquette at Marquette. Not saying we are it aren’t. But we’ve proven more than you’re letting on. But as you said, there’s still a lot of work to do
Butler and G’town are bad teams. St Johns is okay, but we had to grind it out. That’s fine. But 3 of our last 4 wins don’t prove much, at least not to me. We did what we had to do. As we should. Now gotta show that we can close games against quality opponents. That’s been a rough time for us. If we can do that, then by all means, ask for that top 10 ranking. But it’s a little early imo.

Reaction Score
I like that we are still somewhat flying under the radar. We play at DePaul next, which we should win, but after that, things are going to get harder. There is still plenty of basketball to be played. Im being very cautiously optimistic simply because it seems like we have had some bad luck over the last 5 plus years. Let’s hope we continue to improve, and please no injuries.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Yes, but winning games against not very good competition doesn’t vault you into the top 10.
Gotta prove it against better teams to do that.
But losing them is not good.

Reaction Score
The team looks locked in and cohesive. They are getting better and winning different ways. Its important to remember that we only have 1 loss on the year when at full strength and that was after a long COVID pause. We need to win the next two games in solid fashion like our previous 4 games and then we will see where we truly are as a squad against Nova.

Reaction Score
Sweet Jesus, what can't we do?

Inside game
Outside game
Pretty good defense most of the time
Veterans
Youth
Depth and...

Andre jAcKSoN !!!

Wicked fun times comin'
I’m excited too….:but that was Georgetown. They are god aweful. Let’s wait for Nova and Xavier before making these proclamations. We are beating up on the dregs. That’s expected.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom