We had the ball | The Boneyard

We had the ball

Reaction Score
As much I dislike officials too, we can only pin this loss on Gilbert’s 5 missed/block shots in a row. Oh and him losing the ball on a drive.
I appreciate his effort and all he has gone through from his injuries, but holy cow he is a terrible decision maker.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The call on Whaley was terrible and Jones got away with a couple of fouls not being called on him. Not one foul on him all game, how is that

Reaction Score
As much I dislike officials too, we can only pin this loss on Gilbert’s 5 missed/block shots in a row. Oh and him losing the ball on a drive.
I appreciate his effort and all he has gone through from his injuries, but holy cow he is a terrible decision maker.

It’s not a question of “only”. It’s both. We win despite the mistakes if the officials simply do their jobs. And we win despite having four points taken from us in double overtime if we don’t make stupid plays down the stretch in regulation.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score

His foul shots were money though.

Reaction Score
What about the last shot of regulation and OT, if the ball is in Bouk, or BAs hands we walk out victorious. If that dude on Xavier doesn’t hit that long 3 to tie it we win. So heartbreaking because we all know how huge this game was to win and there’s so many flaws that we could pick out and if we can fix those flaws by conference play why aren’t we a top 2/3 team.

Reaction Score
What about the last shot of regulation and OT, if the ball is in Bouk, or BAs hands we walk out victorious. If that dude on Xavier doesn’t hit that long 3 to tie it we win. So heartbreaking because we all know how huge this game was to win and there’s so many flaws that we could pick out and if we can fix those flaws by conference play why aren’t we a top 2/3 team.

I'm not going to assume that we score if the ball is in somebody else's hands, but he waited way too long to penetrate and, as is typical, over-penetrated.

The play that really had me pissed was Vital's stupid 3 a few possessions earlier. We were running solid offense, getting open looks for Polley, and Vital just walks down and jacks up a 24-footer with a guy in his face.

Reaction Score
Whatever. I Iose hands on 19 when the dealer hits 20.

Bouk got that and 1 when he shouldn't have. We needed that game to get over the Ollie stink

Reaction Score
I'm not going to assume that we score if the ball is in somebody else's hands, but he waited way too long to penetrate and, as is typical, over-penetrated.

The play that really had me pissed was Vital's stupid 3 a few possessions earlier. We were running solid offense, getting open looks for Polley, and Vital just walks down and jacks up a 24-footer with a guy in his face.
We had a 5 point lead with 1:39 left. They score and we up 3. Vital takes a bad 3 with a hand in his face instead of eating clock and misses. They score now we up 1. Gilbert hits two Free throws and then Marshall’s big 3.

Vital has to eat clock there. If he does we probably win. That infuriated me.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
We had a 5 point lead with 1:39 left. They score and we up 3. Vital takes a bad 3 with a hand in his face instead of eating clock and misses. They score now we up 1. Gilbert hits two Free throws and then Marshall’s big 3.

The % of plays where he takes a rushed terrible 3 after the opponent hits a 3 is probably in the high 60s

Reaction Score

Yep that one had me livid. Prob the worse decision of the game made by our “leader”. I can’t stand the die hard Vital fans on this board. He and AG lost us this game.
We need to be honest with ourselves and turn the page on the Ollie era.
I know Hurley can’t NOT play them but he needs to send them a stern message that they are not our leaders if they play like that

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Yep that one had me livid. Prob the worse decision of the game made by our “leader”. I can’t stand the die hard Vital fans on this board. He and AG lost us this game.
I know Hurley can’t NOT play them but he needs to send them a stern message that they are not our leaders if they play like that
Our emotional leader needs to be Adams and our shot takers Polley, Bouknight, and Akok. We are going nowhere with Gilbert and Vital as high volume guys

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

He will never stop doing it.

There are players who make losing plays and he’s just one of them.

Reaction Score

Sure he can NOT PLAY THEM. He coaches and they earn playing time . . . or lose it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Bouknight’s suspension hurt. A few extra games would have helped him play better defense and not force Hurley to pull him out because of foul trouble.

Brendan looked to be playing in pain. I believe his lower back is sore.

That forced Hurley to play Christian and Alterique more than he would have preferred. The future got a lot of playing time this and the Buffalo game. Should pay dividends down the road if those kids are mentally tough.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom