• Rudi Williams

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Courtney Ramey

Votes: 42 19.9%
  • Player we haven’t heard about yet

Votes: 68 32.2%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Ramey just released a list of schools interested in him and we're not on it.

Ever since Alleyne committed it sounds like we've backed off of just about everyone we had been pursuing. That makes me wonder if those Castle reclass rumors are coming to fruition.
That seems to be the most likely scenario. Recruiting guys on twitter said they expect a wave of last minute entries to the portal before the Sunday deadline so perhaps they have a tip on someone they like who may be entering. Either way they definitely need to land another guard at the very least.

Reaction Score
Ramey just released a list of schools interested in him and we're not on it.

Ever since Alleyne committed it sounds like we've backed off of just about everyone we had been pursuing. That makes me wonder if those Castle reclass rumors are coming to fruition.
Everything points to the reclass. I'm also wondering what level of player we'll get for another guard scholarship. We're out on Rudi and Ramey and didn't even reach out to Primo. Wonder if Femi is a priority now.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
thank you. quality > quantity. 1 more good transfer G and we have a 9 man rotation, yet people are still expecting hurley to bring in several more studs so we can go 11 or 12 deep as if the new reality doesnt apply to us even though it literally just happened w/ floyd! there's no logic to it.
You have to have players for practice and to replace the inevitable (and sometimes serious) injuries. It will take some creative thinking and planning to find the players who can fill that role. While some players have the potential to play some kind of professional ball there are quite a few who won't unless perhaps in Outer Mongolia. That said, we should be molding a team of very good athletes (some particularly with speed) with winning attitudes who are team oriented. We should strongly consider playing more of a running offense/pressing defense which will require more depth so more players can get some minutes. I can understand where Jay Wright decided it was time to retire because his "perfect system" will probably not fly now that things have changed with the portal. This could be a time where a deep, well coached team (see earlier Uconn teams) can take down even more overall talented teams who lack depth. If this concept is correct I fully believe this coaching staff has the talent and drive to make it happen. BTW, this would be an exciting team to watch.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Adama will not see 32 a game in and out - first his physical conditioning has to improve and he wont have AW there to take some of the lunch pail work off his hands. I see DH demanding an up and down court game and that takes a toll on a big. DH has to develop Clingan/Johnson/Springs very quickly based on the minimal playing time the returnees saw this past season.
Agree. This also jives with what I mentioned about a faster game. Odd that the portal might actually bring about what many desire: A faster pressing in your face deep team that is well conditioned.

Reaction Score
Agree. This also jives with what I mentioned about a faster game. Odd that the portal might actually bring about what many desire: A faster pressing in your face deep team that is well conditioned.
Don’t count on the press. It just doesn’t work against really good teams like it used to. Playing fast is what I want to see.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Don’t count on the press. It just doesn’t work against really good teams like it used to. Playing fast is what I want to see.
If it doesn't work against some teams then fine, don't depend on that alone. Not an either/or to me.
But I agree that for the most part up-tempo which will bless a deeper team.

Reaction Score
And it also jibes with a deep athletic bench. Run & gun. Shake & bake.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom