We Don't Chase Victories, Victories Chase Us | The Boneyard

We Don't Chase Victories, Victories Chase Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Victory flirts with those who make once-a-week passes at her, but she gives herself to those who aim for excellence in everything they do.

If we pursue excellence faithfully, Victory will pursue us.

The Boneyard is populated by drunken Friday night closing time gropers, who put their all into pickup for three hours a week, and then go home with nothing to show for the week but a paycheck wasted on flat beer.

Coach Diaco is pursuing excellence, from the top of the roster to the bottom. The wins will come. Let the master work.

Reaction Score
I suppose that's better than daydreaming at your desk while the market crashes.

Reaction Score
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!
Winners never quit, quitters never win.
There's no I in TEAM!

Reactions: pj

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!
Winners never quit, quitters never win.
There's no I in TEAM!

When do people who don't like the uniforms quit?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
lol - can't argue with that. can't really throat punch victory can we?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You guys should get jobs working for a place that superimposes inspirational thoughts over pictures of kittens hanging from branches.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Hide behind a bush and then club the victory in the head when it ambles past. Or, put a rope loop on the ground and then tie the other end to the top of a tree - when the victory steps in the loop, the tree snaps up and you can just go cut the victory down. (Saw that one in a roadrunner cartoon.) Or, get a mannequin and make sure it's showing some leg - the victory will get those crazy spinning eyes and come running over where you can grab it. (Heckle and Jeckle.)

There's more than one way to skin a cat, you guys.

reclaiming_gods_hope.jpg

Last edited:

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
You guys should get jobs working for a place that superimposes inspirational thoughts over pictures of kittens hanging from branches.

You aren't a big fan of Ollie, are you?

He is always talking this way.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You aren't a big fan of Ollie, are you?

He is always talking this way.

I'm a fan of Diaco and Ollie.

It's the posters here that annoy me :).

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I've been out looking for pictures of kitten hangings. Nothing good yet though.

Reaction Score
I wish people would stop taking Ollie's quotes and sticking them into places where they make absolutely no sense. Victories aren't "chasing" UConn Football.

And since we're apparently in an exhibition season that I didn't know existed before HCBD told me about it last weekend, we aren't chasing victories until Week 4 either. But yeah...ten toes in and we take the stairs and whatever else. Woo hoo!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This isn't a Disney movie. The best scenario will usually never turn out - so we will either crash and burn or get better. But getting better won't be a day/night change. PP and GDL erased 10+ years of foundation building from this program.

Reaction Score
Victory isn't easy. Victory is advanced citizenship. You've gotta want it bad, cause it's gonna put up a fight.

Reaction Score
I mean the football team did almost get as many victories last year as the basketball team has championships... I get and appreciate the sentiment but this is the kind of stuff you say after you've actually acheived something.

This is like some loser who hasn't even kissed a girl saying that women chase him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom