We collapsed in the second half… | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We collapsed in the second half…

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Our anger and disgust tonight are the biggest benchmarks of the progress they have made this year. I wouldn’t want to be in practice this week or be in on hc/oc meetings tomorrow.
This is a good point. I think we are better than Ball State (apparently so does their board). We haven't been able to say that in a while. We are not losing because we are outmatched; we are losing because we are shooting ourselves in the foot. Our ceiling is way higher now.

Reaction Score
Oh there was lots of killer penalties how do you pick one? And also there were non-penalty calls like the targeting that were killers too
You pick that one because it came at a crucial time. The no targeting call was also just bizarre.

Reaction Score
Injuries at the skill positions caught up with us today. Receivers couldn’t get separation and we just didn’t have enough depth at running back. Offense couldn’t give the defense a break and wore down.

Reaction Score
Flynn is not a deep threat. Someone needs to wake up.
We did not roll ZT out enough in the second half. On running plays if ZT pulls it and runs more often it will help the run game of the backs.
The team will be really ticked when they see all their mistakes on offense in the second half.
Our defensive line did not make tackles on running plays in the second half and got washed down as well. They got split wide open a lot. Were they on the field to long? Yes for sure but they need to stop the run better.
Learning to let kickoffs go into the endzone and down them has to be emphasized. Or fair catch more of them.
Overall the offense had the game to win and collapsed. Painful loss.

Reaction Score
ZT can’t go from great to terrible without the help of terrible OC game management. Sorry, but Charlton did the guys no favors on the second half. Should have pounded Burns, used short vertical pass game, …
Yup and the tone was set when ZTs pass was deflected on first drive in the second half after yet a couple more impressive runs. Ridiculous call after the success they had running it in first half. Even the brutal cc on broadcast noted it.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I was so sure of this game at the half....then 30 minutes of mistakes and watching it slip away. Salty tears into the bubbles of my post-game hot tub soak.
We got away from the running game and let it go. This one hurt bad.

Reaction Score
Even if we had even scored one TD, the game would have been over. That and Thor for Ball State running through tackles. All in all, a bowl is still in place but UMass, Liberty, and Army are must wins. We need to put a fight against BC to get momentum back.
Dude. We might beat UMass.

Reaction Score
The defense being able to get a stop on both 4th Q 2 point tries shows how much that group has progressed mentally. Would have never done that the last 4 years.

Reaction Score
The defense being able to get a stop on both 4th Q 2 point tries shows how much that group has progressed mentally. Would have never done that the last 4 years.
There are certain things that went well put let’s face it our offense left the game early and defense was worn out.

Reaction Score
Thank god that I don’t have to watch that forth quarter again, ever.

I think the team will learn from this terrible experience and move forward.

Reaction Score
Was thinking the same thing. Zion learned why you don't throw into traffic across the middle today. Rosa learned in 3rd and long situations where you're trying to eat the clock, not to fight for every yard so that it's 4th and 12 instead of 4th and 13. It sucks that this is how it turned out, but sometimes these are the circumstances that teach the most long lasting lessons.

Reaction Score
Thank god that I don’t have to watch that forth quarter again, ever.

I think the team will learn from this terrible experience and move forward.

We play Ball State again in 2025 at the Rent. Hope the freshmen remember today and get some redemption when they're seniors.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
As we're two illegal man downfield by #64.

Joly deciding to spin out of a 2 yard loss and turn it in to an 11 yard loss.

Rosa on 3rd and 27 fighting for an extra yard and fumbling.

Turner not throwing passes away and taking sacks.
LB's and safeties refusing to tackle anyone.
Up 21-10 at half and had an INT and a blocked FG and still screwed it up.

Refs were obviously a mess but UConn's players were plenty culpable and Charlton's second half play not to lose strategy was horrible.
Just wondering. #64 Christian Haynes has been starting now for his 3rd year. Before today, how many times was he illegally downfield? Once. Why was today so different for him?

Reaction Score
Another frustrating thing that I haven't seen mentioned was decision making on returns. There were multiple times that the choice was made to try to take the ball out of the end zone to end up tackled at the 15 rather than simply taking the fair catch and taking the ball at the 25. There were too many instances of people trying to make the hero play that came back to bite them in the rear.

Reaction Score
Haynes got called for being downfield twice today and once earlier this season as well.

Reaction Score
Another frustrating thing that I haven't seen mentioned was decision making on returns. There were multiple times that the choice was made to try to take the ball out of the end zone to end up tackled at the 15 rather than simply taking the fair catch and taking the ball at the 25. There were too many instances of people trying to make the hero play that came back to bite them in the rear.
special times have been a nightmare this year apart from block today

Reaction Score
2 huge plays. The Rosa fumble on 3rd and 30 struggling to gain an extra inch, and the Bo Estes drop. Eventually, under Mora I suspect we don't make those self inflicted wounds and pull a game like that out. In the 1st half our WRs looked too fast for them on the edges. Then we threw an Int in the middle of the field on the 1st drive of the 2nd half and the offense totally turtled. I had to remember this is building year, but that was a frustrating loss that could have gotten us .500 on the year with BC coming. Feels like a missed opportunity.

Reaction Score
Just wondering. #64 Christian Haynes has been starting now for his 3rd year. Before today, how many times was he illegally downfield? Once. Why was today so different for him?
More RPOs today?

Reaction Score
We play Ball State again in 2025 at the Rent. Hope the freshmen remember today and get some redemption when they're seniors.
We should have the parents of the UConn players ref the game to even out what happened today.

Reaction Score
A fourth quarter loss is often a matter of one team being better conditioned. Our second-half mistakes may have been due to exhaustion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom