We collapsed in the second half… | Page 3 | The Boneyard

We collapsed in the second half…

Reaction Score
I think the refs were atrocious and many things you can point to. The spot on the Joly play really irked me. I have seen that play marked for a two yard loss almost every time. He spun out of the first tackle but was essentially contacted immediately after. Big spot in game there and we would have tried a FG or gone for it on 4th.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I think the refs were atrocious and many things you can point to. The spot on the Joly play really irked me. I have seen that play marked for a two yard loss almost every time. He spun out of the first tackle but was essentially contacted immediately after. Big spot in game there and we would have tried a FG or gone for it on 4th.
Those three points would have been huge.

Reaction Score
Honestly I was already contemplating bowl game appearances and travel plans to the bad boy mower papa John’s blue bonnet butter bowl or something at halftime. I usually have a good feel for game momentum. Even with as poorly we played after the blocked FG felt fine.

Biggest problem was we let Goldilocks run wild on us. It’s a good sign I am this aggravated but it makes it hurt a lot more.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Offense couldn't stay on the field, defense wore down...

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Yeah I couldn’t believe that one either. He’s not down when he’s not given forward progress when he just keeps getting flung backwards like that? Terrible.

Reaction Score
Sorry, posted on my Samsung pad and couldn't edit quick enough. Here is a more legible edit. Thanks. =)

Hello everyone. New to the Boneyard. I used to post a lot on the old Hartford Courant forums for UConn. Anyway, the Ball State game.

I don't want to take anything away from Ball State. The stayed in the game until the end and found the win. However, the refs were atrocious. I agreed with all of the flags that were overturned or enforced pending under further review except for one. Six or seven further reviews, wtf. The helmet to helmet that was taken away from Ball State was complete BS. The Ball State player totally lead with his head and made contact with an unexpected UConn players head. They overturned it after further review claiming the contact was on the side of the helmet, WTF! This would have sealed the game for UConn. I think it also would have lead the Ball State player being ejected from the game and missing the next game. Correct if I'm wrong please. Given these facts that it was clearly head to head contact and the Ball state player being ejected and missing the next game made it felt like the refs were getting some back handed money or something. Especially after all the under further review flags went against UConn. There were a lot of under further review flags too.

The Refs failed big time and I'm surprised there isn't more uproar. Helmet to helmet contact penalties are there to protect the kids. If the rules aren't enforced than there isn't future deterrence. There has been recent concern in the football world about concussions. Rules are in place to prevent helmet to helmet collisions. When the Refs don't enforce the rule they put further kids lives in jeopardy. In a time when everyone espouses "safety," and the refs ignore the rule because of favoritism or being paid off or just being stupid, they failed. They failed big time.

Reaction Score
Exactly - whistle should've been blown.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom