We can beat Villanova | The Boneyard

We can beat Villanova

Reaction Score
Simple as that
Go back and look at the Auburn tape.
If guys play up to their level of play— we win. We were flat last two games— 1/2

Ok.

But our upper level of play equals win.
Certainly hope so - I'm driving up from Southern DE and meeting my son from Northern Jersey. Would love to witness a win - didn't work out too well on 1-18-20.

Reaction Score
If we defend and control the boards-- Occasional three--We're good.. Just stay out of foul trouble and "play" to what the refs are calling ..You know Jay and Kyle G. will be working them at home in Philly.

Lets do this

Reaction Score
The Sanogo matchup could help. They'll have to double him pretty hard. Otherwise he'll abuse their center.

That one loss put our backs against the wall pretty hard. Looking forward to seeing our response.

Reaction Score
If we defend and control the boards-- Occasional three--We're good.. Just stay out of foul trouble and "play" to what the refs are calling ..You know Jay and Kyle G. will be working them at home in Philly.

Lets do this
If we exploit our huge advantage with Sanogo and to a lesser extent Whaley and stay grounded on pumpfakes we can easily beat them. Jay Wright has a major coaching advantage over Hurley so I fear it isn't all that likely. Really hope I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
We can absolutely beat Villanova, but I don’t think Its going to happen Saturday. I have more faith in us beating them at home on Feb 22.

Reaction Score
This team must exploit its length against Villanova. I fear that’s the only way they have a shot. RJ needs to penetrate and dish because I think he’ll have challenges finishing at the rim. They will physically punish him.

Reaction Score
Anyone have the over/under on how many times our defenders don’t stay on the ground after being backed down, ball fake and it turns into a foul or a step by and lay in?

The teams that have given trouble to nova on the defensive end have stayed on the ground arms straight up then ready to go get the rebound. I hope they are working on that like crazy the rest of the week. Good chance we will see Samson and Sool if not.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It’s time to show we can finally win a game as an underdog. It comes down to coaching adjustments and imposing our will on them. Not the other way around. Does the team on the court cut out the sloppy play and mental mistakes or do we continue the same pattern. Nova is a very disciplined and coached team. They’re going to get mismatches, constant movement, and they’re going to draw fouls.

Reaction Score
Villanova at Marquette on FS1 right now if anyone wants to give us the scouting report.

Reaction Score
No I never take that thought process
I believe strongly we can win. We played flat the last two— were better than that
When has that happened this season?

Reaction Score
This team must exploit its length against Villanova. I fear that’s the only way they have a shot. RJ needs to penetrate and dish because I think he’ll have challenges finishing at the rim. They will physically punish him.
So you’re saying zone??

Reaction Score
Villanova at Marquette on FS1 right now if anyone wants to give us the scouting report.
Sanogo should eat Dixon alive inside. As long as we don't turn the ball over and let Villanova get it in transition I like our chances to keep them in check on defense like Marquette is doing now

Reaction Score
Go back and look at the Auburn tape.
If guys play up to their level of play— we win. We were flat last two games— 1/2

Ok.

But our upper level of play equals win.
Maybe we should look at tape of Nova to prepare for Nova instead of what worked against Auburn more than 2 months ago? No excuse for 18-21 year olds to come out flat. How bad do our guys want it?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This Marquette team is growing by the day. WOW.
Yeah they are the best in the big east with Providence and they have go to player when they need a bucket in Justin Lewis. This can't be overstated because our team doesn't have anyone even close to that.

Reaction Score
I can't blame him for going where he had a starting spot, but Tyler Kolek would look really nice playing next to RJ Cole right now

Reaction Score
I can't blame him for going where he had a starting spot, but Tyler Kolek would look really nice playing next to RJ Cole right now
He is a similar type player. It would be nice to have him coming off the bench instead of Gaffney at PG.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom