We can beat Villanova | Page 3 | The Boneyard

We can beat Villanova

Reaction Score
This team can certainly beat villanova. I say that because we did beat Auburn who is probably the best team in the country
Sure UCONN CAN beat Nova, but not the way they are playing in this last stretch of games. I’d argue matchup-wise it looks better for UCONN, but system, coaching, consistency and discipline far in the favor of Nova. Enough already about Auburn for god sake - makes me roll my eyes every time I see “but we beat Auburn?!”. It was in NOVEMBER when they were 19th, and it took 57% and 15 made threes and 32 made free throws at an 85% clip, double overtime, etc. You shoot at that clip, you should beat just about anyone. Think Nova over Gtown in 85. They had to shoot over 65% to win that game - it happens. It was one game, lightning in a bottle. UConn moves the ball decent at times, but a lot of Martin and Cole 1 on 1 spin moves gets old. We need to take a lesson from Providence - not extremely talented overall, but they are gelling and locked in.

Reaction Score
Sure UCONN CAN beat Nova, but not the way they are playing in this last stretch of games. I’d argue matchup-wise it looks better for UCONN, but system, coaching, consistency and discipline far in the favor of Nova. Enough already about Auburn for god sake - makes me roll my eyes every time I see “but we beat Auburn?!”. It was in NOVEMBER when they were 19th, and it took 57% and 15 made threes and 32 made free throws at an 85% clip, double overtime, etc. You shoot at that clip, you should beat just about anyone. Think Nova over Gtown in 85. They had to shoot over 65% to win that game - it happens. It was one game, lightning in a bottle. UConn moves the ball decent at times, but a lot of Martin and Cole 1 on 1 spin moves gets old. We need to take a lesson from Providence - not extremely talented overall, but they are gelling and locked in.
We moved the ball really well against a bad Georgetown team and not so well against a decent Creighton team. I am not convinced this team can beat Villanova on the road. I hope they prove me wrong.

Reaction Score
How about that Marquette road win? LOL!

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
If this game is close late, which it most likely will be, which offense can get the shot they want ever time?

Uh oh....

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
UConn either wins by 6 or Nova wins by at least 15
Depends which UConn program shows up
Nova losing to Marquette yesterday will make it that much harder- Marquette will be in the top 15 next week and deservingly so
It's time for UConn to step up - Let's Go!!!!

Reaction Score
Team owes it to its fans after that stinker. Even good defense can't counteract that shooting

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The Sanogo matchup could help. They'll have to double him pretty hard. Otherwise he'll abuse their center.

That one loss put our backs against the wall pretty hard. Looking forward to seeing our response.
Im sure they’ll send help but Dixon matches up decently against Sanogo alone for them, he’s not going to get pushed around. Similar types of players.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
There is and they are. In the 2 minutes of looking at the comments, it's like reading this board after a loss.

- The team sucks and there's no way they're making a run in March.

- The offense sucks and KenPom needs to re-do his model if he thinks Villanova is 6th in offensive efficiency.

- Jay Wright needs to expand his rotation and play more than 6 guys
I like your approach to this board!!!

Reaction Score
Im sure they’ll send help but Dixon matches up decently against Sanogo alone for them, he’s not going to get pushed around. Similar types of players.
Nah Sanogo should abuse Dixon. Unless he’s just off

Reaction Score
damn, should’ve gotten tix. I live 10 mins from the Wells Fargo. ah well

Reaction Score
damn, should’ve gotten tix. I live 10 mins from the Wells Fargo. ah well
Still some pretty good tickets available

Reaction Score
Still some pretty good tickets available

cool, thanks but I’ll be watching it on my phone while having lunch at a restaurant‘s outdoor “chalet”. can’t help but to think the WF will be a 1000x warmer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom