We are telegraphing so many plays | The Boneyard

We are telegraphing so many plays

Reaction Score
Here's just a few things we are giving away pre-snap:

- Every time Z. Scott comes in, it's a PASS
- Every time we go 5 WR, empty backfield, it's a QB draw (even the announcers pointed this out pre-snap)
- When peart has his hand on the ground (3 point), it's a run
- When peart has both hands up (2 point), it's a pass

I know we have a billion freshmen (the announcers only mentioned it 80 times...i wonder where they heard it), and i know we are short, fat, skinny, slow, young, ugly, and our mothers are stupid....but we really don't have to make it so damn easy for the other team to make us look even worse than we are.

At some point i will look at the defense too...i can only imagine what we are tipping there.

P.S. I may have missed a play or 2 that skew my notes, but if i'm wrong, it ain't by much. And if i noticed this, i can only imagine that the opposing coaches did. And, I know Scott ran late in the game, but that was different as he was acting as the #1 RB with the starters out

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Defense is as vanilla as it gets. There is very little to tip there, which makes it harder to understand why we have the same blown assignments week after week.

Reaction Score
On our goal line defense, we had 230 pound DeVaughn at DE. He got pushed 8 yards into the end zone. Just something I noticed. Why do we do such obviously stupid things?

Reaction Score
On our goal line defense, we had 230 pound DeVaughn at DE. He got pushed 8 yards into the end zone. Just something I noticed. Why do we do such obviously stupid things?
We also had 220 lb Garson on the DL. I like the trevardo williams/marcus campbell idea, but Garson is just not quick enough off the line to make that work.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Randy sounding exasperated with confidence fading. Sounds like someone questioning the future.

Reaction Score
Sounds like someone biting his tongue not to say what he really wants to say after the other day's comment(s). Trying to be too polite.
Randy Edsall needs to be more like he was the first time. Say it how it is. This team is young but when they grow with the team it will be great

Reaction Score
Cincy made a big adjustment after the first series. They came back out pretty much the rest of the way with a nickel back. Unfortunately we do not have the running game to make teams pay with that kind of defensive setup. They definitely were encouraging the run after that first series.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Sounds like someone biting his tongue not to say what he really wants to say after the other day's comment(s). Trying to be too polite.
When I read the quotes, yes - but his tone and body language said something darker.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Polite my rectum. It's bad enough that he cried "not my fault" already. These are his guys. They may suck but they should at least play 4 quarters. They don't. That's on him.

Reaction Score
Polite my rectum. It's bad enough that he cried "not my fault" already. These are his guys. They may suck but they should at least play 4 quarters. They don't. That's on him.

You complain when he "throws players under the bus" and then complain when he does a 180 and puts everything (including their total effort) on himself.

Reaction Score
This is rock bottom (i hope)... the players completely quit on a winnable game. Im hoping they realize what happened when the watch film this week and use this as a true learning moment. Still a lot of winnable games.

Reaction Score
Seems petty to me.
He is reacting to the criticism of late by getting ahead of it after this game.
Little to martyrdom for me.

Get some Juco’s and transfers to bridge the gap you had this year.
Did you have to play so many freshman this year or was it your choice?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is rock bottom (i hope)... the players completely quit on a winnable game. Im hoping they realize what happened when the watch film this week and use this as a true learning moment. Still a lot of winnable games.

We were hitting new lows regularly in Diaco's last year. Last year we hit some new lows on the field as the season wore on yet had the Cinci game to think we had hit the bottom and started back up. After today it is like we took 3 steps back beyond the lowest low. Randy has said we can't do JUCO's due to UCONN's academic standards. He may need to rethink and rework that theory with the school. Or they should stop charging admission.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Defense has 7 guys stand around at the line of scrimmage and sends 4 guys 20 yards downfield. Every pass is wide open.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
When I read the quotes, yes - but his tone and body language said something darker.

There hasn’t been a single piece of evidence this season that there is any reason to believe things are going to ever get better.

Literally nothing.

Reaction Score
There are lots of really good schools, and some of them are also good at football. We haven't figured it out yet.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
There hasn’t been a single piece of evidence this season that there is any reason to believe things are going to ever get better.

Literally nothing.
Unfortunately this is true at this moment. If every game you give up 600 yards, then there has been no improvement.

Edsall, feeling the heat now that the honey moon is over.

I don’t know how he can recruit with this weekly display. And now I worry that a few key guys worth keeping might leave.

Jucos should have been used to protect these freshman.

Reaction Score
Randy sounding exasperated with confidence fading. Sounds like someone questioning the future.
Franklin said a lot of the same things in his post game press conference, doesn't mean he's questioning the future of the Penn State program. Both coaches said basically that the buck stops here, "it's all on me". Only thing questioning the future is your stupid opinionated post.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Rob I just watched the Franklin post game presser and it was nothing like Edsall's. Absolutely incomparable. Edsall was beat down....Franklin was not at all beat down.

Reaction Score
Rob I just watched the Franklin post game presser and it was nothing like Edsall's. Absolutely incomparable. Edsall was beat down....Franklin was not at all beat down.
Are you saying there were no parallels??? I said that they both said "a lot of the same things". Learn from that, exit moron.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom