We are set up perfectly... | The Boneyard

We are set up perfectly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
to have the rug yanked out from under us.

All the chatter, news stories, high-profile endorsements etc. have us feeling pretty good about UConn getting into the ACC soon. But what happens if it doesn't go through? Could this all be just a setup for a public rebuke over the lawsuit? Build UConn up, make them grovel, then coldly reject them and send them into athletics oblivion.

The ACC wouldn't possibly be that callous would they? Oh, wait...

Reaction Score
The only thing saving our arse right now is the remote possibility of the B10 wanting the NYC area market.

Reaction Score
Don't believe it. We hold some good cards - Jim Calhoun and National Championships.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Don't believe it. We hold some good cards - Jim Calhoun and National Championships.

UConn holds national championships in four sports, multiple ranked teams, multiple conferene championships and a BCS bowl appearance. It's a highly desirable athletic department married to an excellent academic institution.

Championships - men's bball, women's bball, men's soccer, field hockey
Ranked teams - men's bball, women's bball, men's soccer, field hockey, baseball (big in the ACC), men's soccer, field hockey, women's ice hockey

And, UConn has won multiple championships in polo (the horsey kind), which I believe is a sport in the ACC, altho not in the BEast.

Reaction Score
If we go ACC... Uconn football program fits right in. Basketball ACC will be the top conference in the country.
If we go B10...Uconn football will be at the bottom. Basketball Uconn would domitate the conference both mens and girls.

Reaction Score
Championships in things other than mens basketball and football probably have as much to do with the process as dining hall food quality. In the end, we have to hope we are the best option left for the acc to go to 16 with ( my fear being they actually get ND and it becomes a RU UConn tossup)

Reaction Score
It's football number 1A, TV markets 1B and MBB number 2....the rest is nice to have.....

Reaction Score
SU needs its great rival UCONN to come along with them to the new superconference, I enjoy traveling to the Rent for the football games and love the basketball matchups, as the say keep your enemies closer.....

Reaction Score
My concerned is are there enough seats left. The ACC will probably take a combination os Uconn, WVU, or Rutty. If the SEC doesn't take WVU...they are a more attractive property which could sink us.

Reaction Score
This is about money. The talk of academics is mostly fluff. I doubt ESPN gives a rat's ass about academics.

Reaction Score
ESPN controls everything and although our football may not be the most attractive, come December they will be pimping UConn hoops versus SU/Pitt/Duke/UNC as part of their 3 night ACC hoops broadcasting.

I buy into the conspiracy theory that they control everything and they want UConn hoops in their inventory.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No conspiracy, ESPN built itself on UConn hoops, so they have a soft spot. Is it enough? Geographically, we fit best in a new ACC North, with our old BE brethren. The best thing for the school overall would be Big Ten. The problem there is that UConn is not AAU. Missouri, Kansas and Rutgers all are. I think they'd pick one of those three, plus ND, over UConn. The last alternative is pretty dicey, play with the scaps that the other conferences didn't want and hope that it is competitive. The Big East will return to basketball only.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
It's a chance for Randy to really build the UConn football program, as opposed to state spending on facilities. I don't like the guy, but I think Edsall will go to bat for UConn. I also think MD being the ACC's RU in terms of hemorrhaging cash means they need as many close bodies as they can to fill up the football stadium.

Reaction Score
We have a different AD, different President, different AG, the decision makers on our end now had nothing to do with what went on in the past. It would just be spite for the sake of spite.

It would be great for us to be in the ACC with SU, Pitt and another. Maybe Rutgers. WVU would be great in the SEC. The UC, TCU, Louisville and USF could be in the regenerated Big 12. It could work.

The basketball onlies can rot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger