We are Flawed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We are Flawed

Reaction Score
How about not playing Karaban when he gets abused on the defensive end? For one. And two. Playing Clingan as long as Clingan can stay on the floor. Three. Screaming at the guard for ball watching on defense

Those for starters.
I don’t know how big the sample size needs to be that Karaban can’t guard these type of players.

It’s insane

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I’m really afraid of the NCAAT right now. Our offense isn’t good if we go cold from 3.

Reaction Score
Hurley said pregame Hopkins was going to be a tough matchup for Karaban, which everyone knew would be a mismatch and then he stuck to that matchup for most of the game and let him drop 27. I don’t get it.
This was the glaring mishap imo

Reaction Score
Doesn’t help when two teams in a row shoot 60 free throws and make over 50 of them
I don’t want to hear it anymore. That’s on the coach. They are fouling. They are getting petty ones and aren’t doing anything different.

This is on the coach. We just watched the SAME type of play they gave us at Xavier, arguably WORSE.

This team has issues and it starts with the coach.

Reaction Score
How about not playing Karaban when he gets abused on the defensive end? For one. And two. Playing Clingan as long as Clingan can stay on the floor. Three. Screaming at the guard for ball watching on defense

Those for starters.
Hopkins cooked everybody he saw tonight and Jackson would have had even worse foul trouble if he had the assignment. We saw the hilariously weak post-position foul he gave up late. Nobody else could handle Hopkins, especially not while the officials were treating him like prime Melo

Reaction Score
I mean he made a pretty big change in playing Sanogo and Clingan together, and it wasn't even bad like I expected. The offense has just taken about 10 steps back
Our players including Sanago need to find Clingan underneath - he is open - sometimes early. In the set - but we don’t pass it, play around on the perimeter and then throw up bricks.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Our defense at the 4 has been absolutely exposed. We can’t get stops in multiple possessions and it causes early fouls.

Sanogo has been quite frankly, terrible.

We can’t penetrate from the perimeter without Jackson.

Role players have been non existent last few games.

FTs differential has been the main problem.

We’ve looked soft and beta on the road
Lol funny how our best penetrator doesn’t like looking at the rim when he drives.

Reaction Score
Hurley said pregame Hopkins was going to be a tough matchup for Karaban, which everyone knew would be a mismatch and then he stuck to that matchup for most of the game and let him drop 27. I don’t get it.
Because the next in game adjustment Danny boy makes will be his first. Good recruiter but man he can’t coach on the fly for crap

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We did not play well. But if Sanogo makes that bunny. We had a chance to steal one potentially.

He needs to dunk the god damn ball.
That one play doesn’t make a different. It’s not sanogos fault with that one bunny

Reaction Score
There are some flaws in the backcourt that nearly everyone predicted, but there’s no bigger flaw than the in-game coaching.

Butler, George, Villanova, Xavier, and now Providence have executed similar defensive game plans, and there doesn’t seem to be an attempt at making any adjustments. Conference wins are always tough to come by, but it shouldn’t be this hard with a team this talented.

Reaction Score

Those for starters.
You nailed it. Love what Karaban brings for shooting and spacing, but he is struggling to stay in front and moreso contest at the rim on defense

Reaction Score
Danny Hurley is incapable of winning on the road. He hasn’t in 5 years and it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen this year either. Oh well….

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom