WE ARE ELITE | The Boneyard

WE ARE ELITE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just something I need to get off my chest. It seems too many Uconn fans walk around with an inferiority complex. Maybe because we came up in the shadow of blue bloods with longer history. It drives me crazy when the competition is refered to as the "big boys" . We are the big boys. We are tied at 6th place for National Championships. We win one more under a coach not named Calhoun we become blue bloods and remember we're not Duke. We do not need a starting line up made up of McDonald all americans to make a deep run in the NCAAs

Reaction Score
My apologies I'm a new member....but if you're already sure of this...then we're on the same page. I was just venting. I get this feeling from reading threads here and talking to fans elsewhere that people feel we're just not in the same league as some other top programs. I was just trying to express that. Sorry for the inconvenience. Btw I love all the stuff you post Husky99...you and 3uconn have always kept me informed. I've been reading for awhile but just joined. Yeah....I'm a fanboy.

Reaction Score
Dis post iz kinda a weak post bro. Just sayin cause u opted fo da all caps bro (join da idiot brigade bro :)) & did not provide da candy with da vid bro. Just sayin but u prolly already knew dis...GTOWN was sic off the da hook sheet bro. Check dat out on da vid.

Reaction Score
Dis post iz kinda a weak post bro. Just sayin cause u opted fo da all caps bro (join da idiot brigade bro :)) & did not provide da candy with da vid bro. Just sayin but u prolly already knew dis...GTOWN was sic off the da hook sheet bro. Check dat out on da vid.

Can't argue with that.......classic! I guess I'm in the "doghouse".

pj

Reaction Score
I like the enthusiasm. But the need to make the declaration actually argues against it. "Methinks he doth protest too much."

That said, I have also noticed some unreasonably downbeat posters. We live in an instant gratification age and going three months without a top commitment is enough to make some people lose hope. It's silly. In KO we trust.

Reaction Score
I like the enthusiasm. But the need to make the declaration actually argues against it. "Methinks he doth protest too much."

That said, I have also noticed some unreasonably downbeat posters. We live in an instant gratification age and going three months without a top commitment is enough to make some people lose hope. It's silly. In KO we trust.
You make some good points....the initial thread was born from frustration. I guess this time of year and all that has happened to this program has us all on edge. Ten toes in.

Reaction Score
Those that hang up banners with proclamations are advertising the opposite of what those banners say.

"We are #1"

Reaction Score
What great memories and pure joy to watch. It brings back one question that I have wondered for quite some time now...........why don't we press more? Those teams created pure havoc.

Reaction Score
Those that hang up banners with proclamations are advertising the opposite of what those banners say.

"We are #1"
I just thought if you hung up banners it represented pride. I really need to rethink everything.....Is this post sarcasm. At the end you proclaimed We're #1.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Great video! That team was greater than the sum of its parts. The enthusiasm and infectious teamwork was a joy to watch. The players knew and thoroughly enjoyed their roles...that's what I hope to see this year!

Reaction Score
What great memories and pure joy to watch. It brings back one question that I have wondered for quite some time now...........why don't we press more? Those teams created pure havoc.

I wish they could but again there are so many requirements to replicate that press which the Huskies just haven't had. Without going into detail how many teams since have had the basketball intelligence of that team with George, Smith, Burrell and the absolute brain of it all in Henefeld? Imagine how much more of an impact that press would have had with a Thabeet in the back? But Rod Sellers also was a very smart and hard working player who played a major role in that teams ability to press so often, rarely out of position. Tate at 6'5 and Smitty at 6'2 but real long and the unbelievable anticipation skills of both Burrell and Henefeld on the weakside are so integral..........I'm guessing that JC toyed with it every year and if they don't have the size up front so the other team can just throw it over the press, or the brains to adjust of the double teams then you don't bother because you'll just get burnt too often. That team was special in so many ways, easily the less "talented" team of all the Elite 8 teams, overall. But probably the best fundamentally and hoops smarts!

As quick as Boat and Bazz are they are too small and easily thrown over. They played a little half court traps and soft press style with KO and those teams in the mid-90's just to make the teams run but again, no teams have come close since the 89-90 team.

Reaction Score
Great video! That team was greater than the sum of its parts. The enthusiasm and infectious teamwork was a joy to watch. The players knew and thoroughly enjoyed their roles...that's what I hope to see this year!
Amen!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I vividly remember a few years back when the old board was inundated with posts from a couple of HS kids who were PC fans (and thought that they had surpassed us as a program). They claimed that as we (supposedly) didn't get any of the recruits we were after, we landed the wrong Lamb, didn't get the PG we wanted so had to settle for Napier, etc., etc., etc.

Landing a recruit or two in August or September does not guarantee anything in February or March. Missing out on a recruit or two does not send a program into a death spiral. The two kids from a few years back (primarily due to their age, their allegiance likely played a role in their willingness to view things through such short-sighted glasses) did not know any better. We should know far better. We have no need for a reminder thread.

Reaction Score
Chills and tears of joy and memory every time..........I'm getting old but that season never will!!!

smh....Just the fact the OP has a moniker dreamseason makes you dig into the archives and appreciate where all the excitement started. I remember like it was yesterday that GTOWN game. I think the younger crowd takes what transpired back then for granted. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom