We are a better team without Oriahki | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We are a better team without Oriahki

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I wish AO had KO around him. To talk to him. To listen to him. To relate to him.

I don't know if KO could have gotten to him. But I think he had a shot at it. That would have been better for everyone, including Alex.

Reaction Score
I wish AO had KO around him. To talk to him. To listen to him. To relate to him.

I don't know if KO could have gotten to him. But I think he had a shot at it. That would have been better for everyone, including Alex.

I tend to think he couldn't if only for the words Ollie spoke about the departed. Pretty sharp.

Plus, even the most aggrieved players don't show up the coach the way AO did last season. We saw the muumuu comments early on.

Reaction Score
i feel the need to start a "ALEX O" thread and merge all 100 of them together. the next person who wants to talk about him gets hung this spring for our adopt a team(cough a b10 team...). and by hung i mean we go csi and find our where u live and fishy shows up at your house. i would be to drunk to find your adress. the ao ppl here have randy edsall syndrome. they left uconn. we dodn't kick them out of fire them. they left. get over it and stop looking like a group of idiots every time u talk about said person. every time u start a thread u are just stiring the pot waiting for daddy crazy'o to say something else.

while we are at it, lets be proactive and start a Roscoe cant play the 3 thread for next year!!

Reaction Score
Ut ohhh. Mr. Oriakhi is back. I remember you incessantly supporting him last year. Guy is a bum and a joke of a person who has bricks for hands and the most sensitive skin ever. But if that's what you look for in an athlete; to each his own.

A win for us and a loss for Mizzou.......and that works for me:D

Reaction Score
A win for us and a loss for Mizzou.......and that works for me:D

"I think the team might have some internal conflict going on. I think Frank might have lost control of this bunch of transfers."

"We have AO for only one year. He is starting to degrade as this year wears on. He cannot be counted on to maintain a high level of play. He was better earlier in the year. Once a game he seems to throw a guy to the floor. He wasn't even out there for significant stretches last night"

"He is what he has always been. His hands are so inconsistent it I'd an adventure to try to run any offense through him."

"Guys transfer for a reason."

"As for Alex, he may be the only player who has ever won anything, but he disappears like a mother in some games, and has trouble controlling his emotions.. He also has little offensive game.. Kept saw him setting picks today, and then just standing there.. Thought he was setting way too many also.. Dont remember seeing him post up, but a couple of times."

Reaction Score
I will always be grateful to AO for helping to bring home a NC. Just because a kid does not really know what is best for him is no reason to hate him- he left and kinda screwed us in the front court this year. But CB is a business as much as anything else for kids that think they have future playing pro ball. I think we all can look at his PT ect.. and make the conclusion that his moving was most likely a "wash" at best. Yes he will get to play in the post season but at this juncture he is far from a key piece in that line up- why move if you are not going to be featured?

Wish him the best and hope his dad gets herpes.

Reaction Score
I will always be grateful to AO for helping to bring home a NC. Just because a kid does not really know what is best for him is no reason to hate him- he left and kinda screwed us in the front court this year. But CB is a business as much as anything else for kids that think they have future playing pro ball. I think we all can look at his PT ect.. and make the conclusion that his moving was most likely a "wash" at best. Yes he will get to play in the post season but at this juncture he is far from a key piece in that line up- why move if you are not going to be featured?

Wish him the best and hope his dad gets herpes.

I hope they both get herpes........just hope it's not from each other!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I doubt it. Alex is who he is. I don't want bad things to happen to him, but it is hard for me to wish him well. Still, I appreciate his contribution to 2011. Other than that I wish he'd go away.

Reaction Score
His minutes are fading- they're at about where they were his freshmen year here. He is what he is. I wish no ill-will towards him, but he and his father have brought this upon themselves. I don't see the progression in his game that he would need to hit a higher level. I could never see him reacting to coach Ollie the way DD did after being benched during the Marquette game. I don't believe that a person can grow unless he can accept criticism from others. AO is not that person.

Reaction Score
Any minutes AO got this year with no postseason would have been a waste, compared to developing guys who would be back when we can contend next year. If AO was really happy here and bled UConn blue and wanted to redshirt, that would have been great, but then he would have been putting off his pro career for a year (be it here or Europe). It was a departure that made sense for both sides from a practical perspective. From an emotional one, perhaps AO gave up a chance to have a positive collegiate legacy - fairly or not, his rep is soured here, and he'll be nothing more than a forgotten rent-a-player at Missouri (barring some sort of March magic). But that and a five-spot will get you a latte.

For us, the strides that Wolf have made are huge, and we might have lost Tyler for good confidence-wise if he was reduced to limited minutes during his recent struggles. We may turn out to develop these guys into a serviceable enough frontcourt next year to contend (ala Voskuhl-Wane-Saunders).

Playing Evans is different since we need him for depth on the perimeter - Omar is still getting plenty of minutes to develop.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

That's a good point. For the record, of course this team would be better if it had AO. They would have beaten Marquette.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That's a good point. For the record, of course this team would be better if it had AO. They would have beaten Marquette.
For the record, if the rebounding drill was implemented one week earlier UConn would have beaten Marquette without AO.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I hope neither son nor father get herpes. They already have foot in the mouth disease!

Reaction Score

They would have lost yesterday though because Cooley would have schooled AO's a**!!! And looking back they don't win against Marquette either because they are keeping the TO's down and he just happens to fill in that stat..........this team would NOT be better with AO not at all.........

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I agree with the folks on here who said they appreciate what he did in 2011, but am also glad he's gone. It's been fun to watch Wolff develop, giving Nolan some more time, and Daniels as well. I've not been impressed with Olander this year, aside from his terrific game vs. ND. I'm not sure who AO would have taken time away from if he were on the floor, but i'm very glad we have the guys we have, and clearly the better chemistry with AO gone.

I don't wish him ill, per se, but i think it's hysterical he's seeing his PT decrease, his production decrease, and all the brouhaha surrounding his reasons for transferring to Missouri, aside from being eligible for post season, revolved around playing time. He is what he is. a strong guy who's a competent re-bounder but who has bricks for hands.

D

Deleted member 3149

Difference between Tyler and Alex....Tyler doesn't give up after being in a slump. That's what 10 toes in is all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom