We’re all pulling for Villanova right!? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

We’re all pulling for Villanova right!?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Jay Wright just being totally coached. The guy just doesn’t know how to make in game adjustments. I would’ve called a timeout 3 min in and totally changed the momentum.

Reaction Score
Jay Wright just being totally coached. The guy just doesn’t know how to make in game adjustments. I would’ve called a timeout 3 min in and totally changed the momentum.
Jay Wright is probably the best in game coach in the country. It's just hard to win when your starting PG tears his achilles 6 days before a Final Fourt game

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Terrible rebounding. Need McCormick back in there.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Sue Bird doing commercials with Larry Bird and Magic….that’s Magic.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Jay Wright is probably the best in game coach in the country. It's just hard to win when your starting PG tears his achilles 6 days before a Final Fourt game
A yoke

Reaction Score
Factoid: Last team Villanova men lost to was UConn. Last team UConn women lost to was Villanova.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Do you think Duke fans root for Carolina when they’re in the final four? It’s some weird “little brother” stuff I can’t get behind.
Yeah but nova isn’t Carolina for us. If it was uva v Kansas they’d prob go uva.

Reaction Score
Yeah but nova isn’t Carolina for us. If it was uva v Kansas they’d prob go uva.

I’m not sure the point you’re making. But there are more than enough people rooting for Villanova on this board. A couple people hoping they get whooped shouldn’t be that big a deal.

Reaction Score
I tend to think that the Big East is endangered given the landscape of college sports. It's always endanger of dropping a class to the top 3 or 4 conferences.

This is why Nova doing well is important. When Jay Wright leaves, UConn better have its act together because the league will need someone to be that nationally dominant team. They won't replace Wright overnight, if at all.

I don't worry about that as much anymore. I think the Big East is perfectly suited to co-exist at a high level with the other major conferences. There is enough talent out there to recruit well. Another thing is that the Big East is the only league with a stronghold of the Northeast which is a region traditionally weak in College football (at least post IVY league dominance). In other words - Rutgers, BC and Syracuse are not enough to capture the entire Northeast region.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I’m not sure the point you’re making. But there are more than enough people rooting for Villanova on this board. A couple people hoping they get whooped shouldn’t be that big a deal.
I wasn’t saying it was a big deal, just that I don’t see the little brother angle

Reaction Score
That is the easy one for thos board to agree on.
Mmm not really. I don’t hate Duke or like Duke, but the #1 thing I want out of this FF is Carolina not to win it all. #2 is Duke not winning it all. I will pull for Nova to win it all as it helps the Big East even though the downside is that they tie UConn with 4 titles. I don’t want Kansas tying UConn with 4 titles, but it’s at least palpable for me. Whoever wins Nova-Kansas is the team I hope wins it all. If Houston had come out of Nova’s region or Zona, either one of those teams would be my favorite in this FF

Reaction Score
Definitely not.

Easy rooting interests for tonight should be Kansas and North Carolina.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Big East success helps UConn. I am tired of explaining this to people.

Villanova is toast, and I will cheese grater my cojones before I will watch a game between any combination of Duke, Kansas and UNC.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I would root for Nova if they had 2 titles and not 3. How anyone would want them to tie us in titles is beyond me. Same for Kansas. Hubert Davis seems like a good guy too so I’ll “root” for UNC.
Plus, while both KU and Nova would tie UConn in titles, Self would not tie Calhoun, but Wright would.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I wonder if they will call a foul on Kansas at some point or Kansas can just bludgeon Villanova players with impunity for the rest of the game.

Reaction Score
Nova winning 2 more games to win a title now determines whether UConn can recruit & develop the guards/wing players needed for it's own success. This board is comedy.

Reaction Score
Think KU's got this. Nova doesn't have enough to counter McCormack's size.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom