Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
looking.gif

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Her comments continue to be mind blowing. She continues to lobby for SC to be "awarded" the label of National Champion.

Coach Dawn Staley, named Associated Press National Coach of the Year on Monday, had no reservations about wanting to claim it.

“I surely am going to push the envelope because of what happened. I think that this team did something that no other team at South Carolina has ever done, and that’s to be the No. 1 team in the country at the end of the season,” she said on a local radio interview last week. “When you have breakthroughs like that, and when you’re creating historical moments, it doesn’t matter if the bottom fell out or not, it still stands that we’re the No. 1 team in the country and we played that way, I would say, for 98 percent of the season. And that was better than everybody else in the country, so why not
?”

Why not? UM... how about because you didn't WIN the national championship??? Does she even know what "national champion" means? Clearly not, as she's quoted all over the place with her hand out wanting to accept the NC trophy/award.

It doesn't matter that the bottom fell out??? SERIOUSLY? SC fans should be begging her to just stop talking.

Reaction Score
Very simple, Staley can create a trophy and name it "2020 AP and Coaches polls #1 team" and give to South Carolina under her Dawn Staley Award.

She can do it to Tyasha Harris why not to her team.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
“I surely am going to push the envelope because of what happened. I think that this team did something that no other team at South Carolina has ever done, and that’s to be the No. 1 team in the country at the end of the season,”

Um...was her team that won a National Championship not #1 at the end of the season? The end of the regular season is usually not the actual end of the season. This is so strange to me, her previous team already accomplished something more than this.

Reaction Score
Um...was her team that won a National Championship not #1 at the end of the season? The end of the regular season is usually not the actual end of the season. This is so strange to me, her previous team already accomplished something more than this.
At the end of the regular season UConn was No.1 until Mississippi State beat them in FF.

Reaction Score
Not sure what they were ranked at the end of the year the year they won a NC (2017), but it wasn't no. 1. UConn was ranked no. 1 after an undefeated season.

Still, that team won a NC playing and winning the 6 games in the tournament against great teams and proving they deserved it. This just seems like Dawn reaching a bit too far.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Dawn does little but whine about a lack or respect. She complained vociferously when ESPN2 announced their first set of women's games to be televised the other day and the Gamecocks weren't among them.

Reaction Score
Not sure what they were ranked at the end of the year the year they won a NC (2017), but it wasn't no. 1. UConn was ranked no. 1 after an undefeated season.

Still, that team won a NC playing and winning the 6 games in the tournament against great teams and proving they deserved it. This just seems like Dawn reaching a bit too far.
Dawns thinking UConn won the Crystal Ball in 2017 & 2018 when they finished Both regular seasons undefeated and ranked No.1!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I thought that too but maybe only 1 of the ranking services changes the rankings after the NC game is played? I don't recall... But great point!

Reaction Score
From what i have seen Dawn is the only coach who has adopted this stance..... "give me the title because i am leading the pack now" I haven't seen bill self say stop everything and give me the title.... the virus has thrown sports into a bind but those are the breaks.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Kind of speaks her mind like another Coach from Philly who coaches Uconn and does not give a damn about what he says if it seems to irritate others. hmmmm
Quit trying to draw a false equivalency between Geno and Dawn. That won't fly here.

Geno would never, ever, in a million years, demand a trophy or a title that his team had never earned. Completely antithetical to his character.

Dawn is flat-out embarrassing herself, and so are the people trying to defend her.

Reaction Score
Her comments continue to be mind blowing. She continues to lobby for SC to be "awarded" the label of National Champion.

Coach Dawn Staley, named Associated Press National Coach of the Year on Monday, had no reservations about wanting to claim it.

“I surely am going to push the envelope because of what happened. I think that this team did something that no other team at South Carolina has ever done, and that’s to be the No. 1 team in the country at the end of the season,” she said on a local radio interview last week. “When you have breakthroughs like that, and when you’re creating historical moments, it doesn’t matter if the bottom fell out or not, it still stands that we’re the No. 1 team in the country and we played that way, I would say, for 98 percent of the season. And that was better than everybody else in the country, so why not
?”

Why not? UM... how about because you didn't WIN the national championship??? Does she even know what "national champion" means? Clearly not, as she's quoted all over the place with her hand out wanting to accept the NC trophy/award.

It doesn't matter that the bottom fell out??? SERIOUSLY? SC fans should be begging her to just stop talking.
Ok, here's the Aubrey vs. Gabby data from their freshman years-please note Gabby was on an undefeated team that won the title with almost all being blowouts.
Rebounds
NameGP-GSMin AveFG-FGAFG%3FG- FGAFT-FTAFT%OFFDEFTOTAVGPFATOBLKSTLPTSAV
Aubrey32-0
74-144
1-1056-93
Gabby38-0
137-215
0-142-91
Can we please stop this madness with Christyn....please?
Congrats to SC for a great season but they don't give out trophies for being No 1 at the end of the regular season.

UConn entered the NCAA tournament ranked No 1 in 2001 & 2008. Do they get to count 13 titles? No.

Any sympathy I feel is for Oregon.

I am sorry to say this but I never liked Dawn Staley. Not ever.. This has to the most disgusting thing she has ever said.. Those polls are the biggest jokes of all time. That's why people play the tournament to find out who is the "best"

If anything (and I bleed Uconn) I thought Oregon was finally going to win one... Why? Because they reminded me of our great Uconn Teams.....

Oregon definitely had what it took this year....

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member