WBB PanAM USA vs Mexico at the half....Breanna is playing great. | The Boneyard

WBB PanAM USA vs Mexico at the half....Breanna is playing great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Wanted to watch to see Breanna for 1st time. She's looked great especially on defense, and she also showed some nice post moves. Unfortunately, the rest of Team USA has looked awful --- and they are still in it! They are down 30-27 in one of the sloppiest games you will ever see.

In any event, if she can stay healthy and maintain her desire to be a Husky, she has the potential to be one of the great Husky post players.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
Wanted to watch to see Breanna for 1st time. She's looked great especially on defense, and she also showed some nice post moves. Unfortunately, the rest of Team USA has looked awful --- and they are still in it! They are down 30-27 in one of the sloppiest games you will ever see.

In any event, if she can stay healthy and maintain her desire to be a Husky, she has the potential to be one of the great Husky post players.

1st half stats:

Mex USA

FG % 33% 28%
RB 21 22
Assists 8 3 (2 by Bre)
TO's 5 8

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
why do they keep saying she is 6'7"?

yeah it's kind of annoying/crazy :rolleyes: That's her height in the official PanAm Games documentation, apparently, so they are parroting it, but we can't figure out why Lobo hasn't pointed out that she's not 6'7". She has to know that's not correct.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
She is blocking the ball like she is 6'7"

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Any chance she has grown?

How tall is she really? I think 6'4" is the most recent credible figure. I think she found the 3" that Bria Hartley lost. :). Somehow, I don't think she is a full foot taller than Bria.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Breanna looks great. Team USA is abysmal. i mean really really bad. sorry to our rutgers friends, but Sykes looks horrible. and the amount of 1 on 1 play is ridiculous. the amount of jacked up airballs shot by team USA is insane.

And Rebecca should know better. Breanna is nowhere near 6'7". she should be correcting him.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Any chance she has grown?

How tall is she really? I think 6'4" is the most recent credible figure. I think she found the 3" that Bria Hartley lost. :). Somehow, I don't think she is a full foot taller than Bria.
6'4" as of last December, as reported by Breanna herself.

Edit: Here's the interview I recalled this self-report from.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Anyone who has seen Rutgers games knows Sykes doesn't look like this while playing with Rutgers. But she hit a nice buzzer-beater. :D

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Yeah this USA team really sucks. They are kicking Mexico's butt in Mexico. Lead is 32.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Sykes didn't look horrible 2nd half tonight.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Better then advertised Breanna Stewart just might break every record at UConn. Think of this next season. Stef 6'5 with an outside shot and Breanna Stewart at 6'4-6'7(lol) with an outside shot. UConn is going to be silly good and it might be almost unfair with all the talent especially guard talent. BB Bria Caroline and Moriah WOW. Breanna Stewart has a feel for where the ball is going and anticapates so well. Her instincts are crazy good.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I love that little jump/runner Breanna has .... I hesitate to call it a jump-hook because she is pretty much squared up (not completely tho) when she releases it. It's such a quick and high release that it will be nearly impossible for anyone not named Griner to have any chance of blocking it.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
Better then advertised Breanna Stewart just might break every record at UConn. Think of this next season. Stef 6'5 with an outside shot and Breanna Stewart at 6'4-6'7(lol) with an outside shot. UConn is going to be silly good and it might be almost unfair with all the talent especially guard talent. BB Bria Caroline and Moriah WOW. Breanna Stewart has a feel for where the ball is going and anticapates so well. Her instincts are crazy good.

FINAL SCORE: 87 - 58 USA wins.

With a 25-30 point lead in the 4th quarter, the subs played the last 7-8 minutes. It was grab the ball and shoot it for everyone. Run and Gun.
Help your individual scoring stats. It got ridiculous for the last five minutes. I don't think there was an assisted basket.

But they were having fun. They were winning a blow-out.

In the 3rd quarter, the Americanos played some really good basketball on both ends of the court.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
Breanna looks great. Team USA is abysmal. i mean really really bad. sorry to our rutgers friends, but Sykes looks horrible. and the amount of 1 on 1 play is ridiculous. the amount of jacked up airballs shot by team USA is insane.

And Rebecca should know better. Breanna is nowhere near 6'7". she should be correcting him.

"She should be correcting him."

Rebecca has been saying all through the game that "Breanna is 6-7 and has an 8 foot wingspan."

I think Rebecca said that first, and the male announcer picked it up from her.

Reaction Score
what were Breanna's stats? Watched the game but I'm not to accurate

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
well my comments were made at half time. the team certainly looked completely different in teh 2nd half. they'd be 3-0 if they plaeyd that way for their previous 2 games. too bad they miss the medal round tho. but they should have a great experience over all. i don't think anyone beats Brazil.

OC said Rebecca has been saying she's 6'7"? holy smokes. that's just bad lol.

Reaction Score
... It's such a quick and high release that it will be nearly impossible for anyone not named Griner to have any chance of blocking it.

She may not meet Griner much in her college career, though. Stewart doesn't arrive at Storrs until Griner's senior year at Baylor.

Reaction Score
She may not meet Griner much in her college career, though. Stewart doesn't arrive at Storrs until Griner's senior year at Baylor.
Wonk, interested in 11/3 Assumption at Gampel ?

Reaction Score

pretty sure baylor will come to storrs in the 2012 season nice we're going to texas this season

Reaction Score
pretty sure baylor will come to storrs in the 2012 season nice we're going to texas this season
You forgot that last year's 1-point game was the first game of a home and home deal, so this game in Waco would close out that particular contract. Have we signed a second home and home deal with Baylor? I can't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom