WBB Olympics MVP | The Boneyard

WBB Olympics MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
I know a lot of different players stepped up across all the games including CP today. If I had a vote for MVP across all the games, I'd give it to Sue IMHO. Second place would be Tina Charles mostly for defense. Sure. others including non Huskies had singular performances in the tournament, but overall those would be my votes. Who would you vote for MVP?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
it's hard to say. today Parker definitely had the best game, but she had too many games where she disappeared, and actually lost her starting spot to Moore. But it was a different player each game stepping up. I think each player brought something unique and different to the team which is why this American team was so good. Hard to pick just one player as MVP of team USA.

Reaction Score
Agree, too hard to pick. Especially considering each game was, in the end, easily won so there was no "clutch" player who had to step up and carry the team to victory. I am content to leave it as a team win and not pick an MVP.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I would take Dumerc or Gruda of France, they so overachieved in this Olympics.

For Team USA, I would give to Angel or Lindsey.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The reason I considered Angel & Lindsey is when the USA was struggling, they righted the ship frequently when Lindsey and Angel came into the game. Others scored more points, but Angel & Lindsey changed the tempo which led to Team USA making runs.

I would take Dumerc or Gruda of France, they so overachieved in this Olympics.

For Team USA, I would give to Angel or Lindsey.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
I think Angel gave the greatest lift overall to the team when they seemed to need it... it's hard to pick one payer, but if i had to do, it would be her...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think in the one game that was somewhat tense the player who showed up the most was Tina on defense in the second half against AUS. But I thought she had a sub par game today ... so ...
I agree - the team.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The team had more athleticism and more depth than any opponent. Several players were key, including Angel, Dee, Candace, Maya, and Tina. In the medal round, Sue was as valuable as anyone. Typical clutch play from her.

Reaction Score
There's no doubt that (in the early games anyway) Angel and Lindsey gave the team an emotional lift. Kick-started things.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Diana was the heart and soul of the team. Best player in the world, MVP, and all around amazing person. She's a bit brash and I know it rubs some people the wrong way, but she's so incredibly eloquent when asked a serious question. I don't think anyone was more proud of the rest of the team and how they all played than Dee was. Seeing her on the medal stand with tears in her eyes was incredibly moving.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
One of the things I REALLY like about the Olympic Tournament is that there is no MVP voted on officially. So I'll abstain from voting for one unofficially. I can understand people who like to discuss such things though. Have fun.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
One of the things I REALLY like about the Olympic Tournament is that there is no MVP voted on officially. So I'll abstain from voting for one unofficially. I can understand people who like to discuss such things though. Have fun.
Agree - and I think on this team to select one would disrespect about 6 other players that could have as easily been selected - and also miss out on some significant individual performances from other semifinal teams.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
In synchronized bball there are only inseparable aspects;)

Reaction Score

Agreed but in my heart if I had to choose, my selection would be the SILENT ASSASSIN SUE BIRD. Almost flawless games and lift the team when needed in addition to scoring the threes to put games away.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Agreed but in my heart if I had to choose, my selection would be the SILENT ASSASSIN SUE BIRD. Almost flawless games and lift the team when needed in addition to scoring the threes to put games away.
Sue's game is so good and so smooth it goes virtually unnoticed.

Reaction Score
I didn't even remember the turnovers if any, LOL!!! The announcer was saying over a ton of minutes without a turnover from Sue. This was in the Australian game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom