Way Too Early 2017-18 rankings | The Boneyard

Way Too Early 2017-18 rankings

Reaction Score
I'm sure I'm missing key players, which I know the knowledge BY crew will correct. And I'm probably forgetting some important team.

But here goes ...

(1) UConn - lose Chong; add transfers Azura & Camara + #3 HS class including HS POY Walker
(2) So Car - lose no key players (other than Coates); add #7 HS class
(3) N Dame - lose PG Allen, but lotsa talent returns; add Lili Thompson
(4) Texas - lose Lang & Taylor but McCarty/Atkins/Holmes back + 2 top 10 HS recruits
(5) Baylor - lose Jones/Prince/Davis/Cave but return a lot; add #2 HS class incl two top 10 players
(6) UCLA - return 4 of top 6 plus 3 players that were injured; add #4 HS class
(7) Duke - return 4 of top 6, add top HS recruits
(8) Oh St - lose 1 starter, return 8 players with 15+ mins
(9) Lou - return most key players; add Dana Evans (#3 PN)
(10) W Va - lose 1 starter but Tynice Martin back + add mid-season transfer Ekhelar (Oh St)

Also:
Maryland - lose top 2 (Jones, SWK) but return a lot

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke is too high..... not likely to have the starting PG (Lambert) until conference play..... if she plays at all next season. Have to replace 2 senior post players who provided needed interior defense.

Reaction Score
Duke is too high.....

s-f16b12742bf28fbbb4040e2d622f49d3401538b8.jpg

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Stanford loses 3 starters but might not fall all that far. Oregon should make a big jump next year and Oregon St. might not fall as much as many will assume (just like last year).

Reaction Score
I'm sure I'm missing key players, which I know the knowledge BY crew will correct. And I'm probably forgetting some important team.

But here goes ...

(1) UConn - lose Chong; add transfers Azura & Camara + #3 HS class including HS POY Walker
(2) So Car - lose no key players (other than Coates); add #7 HS class
(3) N Dame - lose PG Allen, but lotsa talent returns; add Lili Thompson
(4) Texas - lose Lang & Taylor but McCarty/Atkins/Holmes back + 2 top 10 HS recruits
(5) Baylor - lose Jones/Prince/Davis/Cave but return a lot; add #2 HS class incl two top 10 players
(6) UCLA - return 4 of top 6 plus 3 players that were injured; add #4 HS class
(7) Duke - return 4 of top 6, add top HS recruits
(8) Oh St - lose 1 starter, return 8 players with 15+ mins
(9) Lou - return most key players; add Dana Evans (#3 PN)
(10) W Va - lose 1 starter but Tynice Martin back + add mid-season transfer Ekhelar (Oh St)

Also:
Maryland - lose top 2 (Jones, SWK) but return a lot

The glaring omission is Mississippi State. Almost everyone comes back.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

They lost 4 seniors who played today....... Dillingham... Richardson..... #45, and Chapel.

Reaction Score
Wut about Mississippi state? I know they lose a few, but William and Vivian come back as well as McGowan

Reaction Score

They lose 2 starters and 2 key reserves (Dillingham, Richardson, Okorie, Chapel).

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It's never too early! :cool:

Stanford would have to be in my top 10. Although they lose Karlie, McCall and Roberson, they have a lot of solid pieces coming back and a lot of young players and strong recruits who will likely improve a lot.

Oregon might not be top 10, but I'd say top 15 for sure. They lose no one.

Reaction Score
It's never too early! :cool:

Stanford would have to be in my top 10. Although they lose Karlie, McCall and Roberson, they have a lot of solid pieces coming back and a lot of young players and strong recruits who will likely improve a lot.

Oregon might not be top 10, but I'd say top 15 for sure. They lose no one.

Stanford's 3 top players and still top 10? And I'm not sold on Ore making the leap that fast.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Stanford's 3 top players and still top 10? And I'm not sold on Ore making the leap that fast.
Roberson was not one of their top 3 players. Top 3 defender, yes, but not top 3 player. McPhee came up huge for them in big games, and Alanna Smith developed into a major force late in the season.

Reaction Score
South Carolina should be ranked #1 as they are the defending champs.........it will be interesting to watch how they handle having the big target on their backs all of next season....................the Gamecocks will learn very quickly that it is much more difficult to be the hunted then the hunter..............Geno gave away his Olympic coaching spot to Dawn and now she goes and takes his NCAA Championship too!!..............he may deny it but I think he will be a man on a mission next year...........hope the UConn players are ready for what's to come..............................

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
South Carolina should be ranked #1 as they are the defending champs....it will be interesting to watch how they handle having the big target on their backs all of next season.....the Gamecocks will learn very quickly that it is much more difficult to be the hunted then the hunter

Its gonna be fun to make that trip to Columbia in the fall and watch my Blue Devils knock off the defending Champs :cool:

hopefully this thread will be locked by the time that game comes along in case Im wrong :p

Plebe

Reaction Score
Its gonna be fun to make that trip to Columbia in the fall and watch my Blue Devils knock off the defending Champs :cool:

hopefully this thread will be locked by the time that game comes along in case Im wrong :p
Even if it's locked, somebody can start a new thread and link to it :cool:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Roberson was not one of their top 3 players. Top 3 defender, yes, but not top 3 player. McPhee came up huge for them in big games, and Alanna Smith developed into a major force late in the season.

Sniezak has started off and on throughout her career and played enough minutes this year to basically be a 6th starter. I think Sniezak is a decent upgrade over Roberson actually. Smith was great down the stretch and was their most gifted scorer in the post. Johnson was a rebounding machine as a freshman. She hasn't developed much as her career has continued but she can definitely replace much of McCall's rebounding. Karlie was their leading 3 point shooter and a heady veteran leader, but I don't she's totally irreplaceable either. They had 3 McDonald's All American freshmen this year that didn't play much, I would assume all 3 will have much expanded roles next season.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
SC could actually lose both Gray and Davis as well as Coates but, at the rate we are going with players coming back odds are that they do too.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Personally I think Stanford and UCLA will fight it out for #1 in the Pac 12... with Oregon #3...... ND and Louisville in the ACC... with Duke #3...... South Carolina and TN in the SEC with MSU #3....... Baylor and Texas in the Big 12 fighting for the top spot. I dont care about the garbage Big 10.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Personally I think Stanford and UCLA will fight it out for #1 in the Pac 12... with Oregon #3. ND and Louisville in the ACC... with Duke #3. South Carolina and TN in the SEC with MSU #3.. Baylor and Texas in the Big 12 fighting for the top spot. I dont care about the garbage Big 10.
LOL @ "garbage Big 10". Brutal. Watch out now, Duke will next year lose to a Big 10 team in the tournament.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This whole "they are #1 till they lose" is silly. UCONN lost Stewie, Morgan, and Moriah, and they were ranked #3 to start the following season. I say that because basing rankings for NEXT year given graduating seniors and incoming freshman based on LAST season's performance is silly. By that logic, Missisippi State should be #2 because they made the NC game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom