Way Off Topic: Surge Pricing | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Way Off Topic: Surge Pricing

Reaction Score
About a year and a half ago I moved to Spain. During that time I have lost about 40 pounds without controlling my eating or exercising more than usual. It should be noted that in the past few years I have also had a new job, 2 new kids, moved everyone to a new country as mentioned, and bought/renovated a new house. So stress could be a factor.

But I have alternated living in the US and internationally for the past 40 years. And around the time I turned 30 when I started packing on pounds more easily, I started noticing that every time I live outside the US I shed pounds effortlessly.

My theory/belief is it's the preservatives / additives in US processed food - many/most are not allowed in Europe. One example my wife mentioned: in orange Fanta in Spain the coloring comes from carrots and sweet potato. In the US the coloring comes from Orange Dye #23482749

I agree with this. Ive been to Europe for a month or several weeks at a time and always feel like I gained a bunch of weight from all the eating and drinking and more often than not the scale barely moves. I wouldn't say I'm doing more walking either as I walk a ton in NYC. I think the food overall in Europe is better quality and cheaper

Reaction Score
I think the food overall in Europe is better quality and cheaper
Food is so fresh. I argued with a family member because I said micro waves in restaurants is a likely sign of a bad restaurant. She said I was wrong because she works in a restaurant and said it's impossible to find one without. Not so in Europe. Lots of fresh made to order places with in season ingredients all around. I cringe when I walk into a place and hear that distinct beep.

Reaction Score
About a year and a half ago I moved to Spain. During that time I have lost about 40 pounds without controlling my eating or exercising more than usual. It should be noted that in the past few years I have also had a new job, 2 new kids, moved everyone to a new country as mentioned, and bought/renovated a new house. So stress could be a factor.

But I have alternated living in the US and internationally for the past 40 years. And around the time I turned 30 when I started packing on pounds more easily, I started noticing that every time I live outside the US I shed pounds effortlessly.

My theory/belief is it's the preservatives / additives in US processed food - many/most are not allowed in Europe. One example my wife mentioned: in orange Fanta in Spain the coloring comes from carrots and sweet potato. In the US the coloring comes from Orange Dye #23482749
Only one slice of jambon in the baguette sandwiches not the half pound of deli meats in our grinders. I think we seem to prioritize value over quality here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom