Way closer than 15 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Way closer than 15

Reaction Score
He is averaging 2 points a game. This is some spectacular leap of faith based on the body of work we have seen to date. Pump the brakes until he actually dominates one game inside please.

Glad someone said it. I'd actually like him to do less. Yeah he can dribble and pass but he refuses to just make the simple play. All the flashy stuff he does usually doesn't work. His dribbling and post work he did yesterday just got him under the basket at a horrible angle against defenders that tower over him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Cobb is going to be a problem for traditional 4/5s. Although he is not a stretch 4 he is a mobile shifty one. I don’t know another like him in the league right now. Bagley? Cobb is not draymond cuz of the d and shot blocking and 3s. He is Anthony mason.
Anthony Mason? Come on. Take off the Husky blue glasses.

Reaction Score
Not many teams are going to have Arizona's size and skill down low.

That being said, if you keep your eye on the Serb from Zona if you rewatch the game, you will see so many unbelievable things he gets away with.

Connecticut vs. #18 Arizona (M Basketball)

In the last 2 minutes, he kills Vital coming over the back, he fouls Jelan hard and there's no call, he gets into a scrap. During the earlier parts of the game, he camped out in the paint, held the ball for 9 seconds, pushed off with fully extended arms.

My god, our 6'8" bigs had no chance against a 7 footer who got away with every violation in the book!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Not many teams are going to have Arizona's size and skill down low.

That being said, if you keep your eye on the Serb from Zona if you rewatch the game, you will see so many unbelievable things he gets away with.

Between basketball and football, you complain about officials more than anyone on this board. Its kind of breathtaking.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I'm gonna get shot for saying this, but the Oregon game, the 1st half of the Michigan State game and about 35 minutes of this game are the best stretches of UConn hoops i've seen in years.

If you really think that, you need to re-watch the 2nd half of the NCAA game vs Colorado. That was a year and a half ago. That was a billion years ahead of anything this team has played this season.

*bang*

Reaction Score
If you really think that, you need to re-watch the 2nd half of the NCAA game vs Colorado. That was a year and a half ago. That was a billion years ahead of anything this team has played this season.

*bang*

Sure that was fun. SMU game was fun at the Civic Center earlier that year.

Other than that, they were a frustrating team to watch that year, too.

Reaction Score
Between basketball and football, you complain about officials more than anyone on this board. Its kind of breathtaking.

The truth is we usually come out on the short end of the stick. And Ollie must take his share of the blame for it. Take you hand off your head. Get rid of the sad sack face. It's time to start working the officials as soon as the horn sounds.

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
I will give that there was better effort tonight but still don't see this team making the tourney with that putrid offense.

A game that many felt was among our best all season still resulted in only 58 points.

The effort and pride were better, save the last 5 minutes, but KO still isn't putting this team in a position to score with regularity.

Reaction Score
Yea I obviously hate the moral victory stuff but Arizona is really good. They would be a top5 team in the country right now if Rawle was never injured. The vast majority of Calhoun’s teams would be underdogs on the road against this Arizona team.

There’s obviously still a lot that needs to be fixed and they can’t keep dumping down their legs in the last 5 minutes, but I didn’t expect a win tonight and saw a better overall product than I expected
Wrong about JC teams my guy. We've beaten AZ teams that were stacked better! Our D was GREAT under J C.

Reaction Score
If we see this effort in all our AAC games we go 14-4 in league
Yeah, but our road record vs the AAC teams we play on the road this year is 11-15, not counting Wichita. Wouldn't count on that. We'll have 4 AAC losses before February starts.

Reaction Score
Much better effort. As they get better defensively the offense should come too due to more fast breaks.

Hopefully this type of effort is consistent and this game was a sign of an improved team. They need to play defense like that against everyone on the schedule, not just the ranked opponents.

Reaction Score
Better effort but this is not a talented or well coached basketball team. When they had a chance to take the lead they fizzled. Good teams make those plays. We’ve seen that over the years when a lesser team hung with us but couldn’t get over the hump.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The game was not closer than a 15-point game.

UConn cut it to a 1-point game and completely collapsed. They earned that deficit. Every point of it.
It's not so much whether I agree or disagree with you on this, but I do remember and miss when UConn was the team that did this to others.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Moral victories? Is that where we are at with the Uconn program? When they get beat by Mr. Integrity at Auburn, and then get embarrassed on national network TV at home by the team Uconn used to be, what will be your attitude then?
5 posts, a 2013 sign-up date, and a handle that reads like an anagram of "one lazy dick"? No thank you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom