Way closer than 15 | The Boneyard

Way closer than 15

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
In before you only post after loss chumps call it a “blowout” we had the ball with a chance to tie with 5 min to go so cash me outside brah with that weak crap. Not to complain but these refs were hoooooorrrrriiiiibbbbllllllleeeee. Zona with 13 team fouls all game? Might be a record low. Trier does enough to get ejected after we get our only call of the night and doesn’t get Td up. The effort on D was really great as Zona has a couple lotto picks and we hung tight. The difference was Zona hitting circus threes and Ristic spending 40 full minutes in the paint.

If we see this effort in all our AAC games we go 14-4 in league and finish 24-9 reg season and AAC tourney losing to WSU in title game we get an 8 seed. Go dogs.

Reaction Score
Yea I obviously hate the moral victory stuff but Arizona is really good. They would be a top5 team in the country right now if Rawle was never injured. The vast majority of Calhoun’s teams would be underdogs on the road against this Arizona team.

There’s obviously still a lot that needs to be fixed and they can’t keep dumping down their legs in the last 5 minutes, but I didn’t expect a win tonight and saw a better overall product than I expected

Reaction Score
In before you only post after loss chumps call it a “blowout” we had the ball with a chance to tie with 5 min to go so cash me outside brah with that weak crap. Not to complain but these refs were hoooooorrrrriiiiibbbbllllllleeeee. Zona with 13 team fouls all game? Might be a record low. Trier does enough to get ejected after we get our only call of the night and doesn’t get Td up. The effort on D was really great as Zona has a couple lotto picks and we hung tight. The difference was Zona hitting circus threes and Ristic spending 40 full minutes in the paint.

If we see this effort in all our AAC games we go 14-4 in league and finish 24-9 reg season and AAC tourney losing to WSU in title game we get an 8 seed. Go dogs.

Some of your post may be the booze talking but I pretty much agree with everything that you're saying.

Though I'm not happy we lost, I am happy that, for the first time all season, the team passed the "eye test" for at least 3/4 of the game. And by that I mean they looked like they wanted to compete and fought hard. Defense made huge strides against what was a clearly more talented Arizona team. Defended the 3 much better...many of the ones they hit in 2nd half were ridiculous.

Cobb played his best game of the year and wasn't intimidated by the Arizona trees.

Larrier had a horrible 1st half but looked fantastic in the 2nd.

If we can bring the game we played tonight to Auburn (with the exception of cutting down on sloppy turnovers), we win there I think.

Reaction Score
I will give that there was better effort tonight but still don't see this team making the tourney with that putrid offense.

yeah i agree with this. Yeah we played well against Zona and a half of Mich State, but this team has looked bad against much worse competition. If they maintain this level of play then sure, but we desperately need quality wins to have any shot at the tournament outside running the conference tourney.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
we had a chance to take the lead with Vital driving, a lot of body contact and no call, then AZ hits a three in transition and it's back to four

they could have easily called a foul there, might have been a different finish

once Zona got a little separation, we lost our composure and played hurried and desperate down the stretch

again, another teaching moment, they have to learn to stay tough and maintain their composure down the stretch like that

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, every possession matters and we're not good enough to play a full 40 minutes worth of possessions neck and neck with this caliber of team. So far, we've only proven we can hang with Columbia, Monmouth, and Oregon.

Reaction Score
For much of this game, I actually thought we were going to somehow find a way to win. I'm happy I'm able to say that. They played hard for most of the game. Sucks that they kind of gave up after it got away.

One amazing stat: We out-rebounded Arizona. 33 - 29 good guys. Vital led the team with 7.

Reaction Score
Just another loss. We never had the lead.

Their best player sat almost the whole first half. And when we had chances to take the lead, we fumbled around. This never had the feel of a game we could win. The collapse at the end was inevitable.

Reaction Score
we had a chance to take the lead with Vital driving, a lot of body contact and no call, then AZ hits a three in transition and it's back to four

once Zona got a little separation, we lost our composure and played hurried and desperate down the stretch

again, another teaching moment, they have to learn to stay tough and maintain their composure down the stretch like that
Yeah, but I think we would have lost anyway.

Reaction Score
I will give that there was better effort tonight but still don't see this team making the tourney with that putrid offense.
Where does every opponent find those decent shooter? When will we get a few?

Reaction Score
Moral victories are fine and all, but the committee is focusing more and more on advanced metrics, and tonight only hurt our Kenpom and Sagarin rankings because of how we fell off at the end.

We don’t have any losses to bad teams, but our play in these losses (and wins) has been so lackluster that it’s hurting us no matter the result of the game.

They’ll have to basically destroy AAC play to have a chance at an at large bid.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The hopeful sign is that the intensity was obvious pretty much the whole game. My problem with KOs teams has been erratic consistency. They will lose to better teams, but have a chance if they maintain consistency and hopefully not have any bad losses. Not a bad performance overall.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

Their best player sat almost the whole first half. And when we had chances to take the lead, we fumbled around. This never had the feel of a game we could win. The collapse at the end was inevitable.

these guys make excuses for our opponents, but ignore foul trouble for their own team, key injuries to their own team and one star player recovering from a torn ACL on their own team

All that stuff happens to UConn? just excuses !!!!! But when our opponent has one player in foul trouble, well we got lucky

Reaction Score
these guys make excuses for our opponents, but ignore foul trouble for their own team, key injuries to their own team and one star player recovering from a torn ACL on their own team

All that stuff happens to UConn? just excuses !!!!! But when our opponent has one player in foul trouble, well we got lucky
I didn't make any excuses. Just observations.

Reaction Score
This is key. I don't know if we'll only have four losses, but a team that can hang with Arizona for 35 is in position to win most of the games on an AAC schedule.
Also in a position to lose most of the games. It is what it is. We've shown we can keep it somewhat close against a great team, we've shown we can get blown out of the building by a pretty good team, we've shown we can barely beat horrible teams.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Yeah, so?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

The play you reference in your first line was the dagger that did us in. We kept in single digits even getting it to 2 or 1 until that moment. The no-call on Vital and subsequent 3 was an absolute back breaker. If we get the call we take the lead and swagger leads us home. Although a 4 pt game with 3 to go or whatever the time and score was wasn’t technically insurmountable our fate was sealed.

Reaction Score
Some of your post may be the booze talking but I pretty much agree with everything that you're saying.

Though I'm not happy we lost, I am happy that, for the first time all season, the team passed the "eye test" for at least 3/4 of the game. And by that I mean they looked like they wanted to compete and fought hard. Defense made huge strides against what was a clearly more talented Arizona team. Defended the 3 much better...many of the ones they hit in 2nd half were ridiculous.

Cobb played his best game of the year and wasn't intimidated by the Arizona trees.

Larrier had a horrible 1st half but looked fantastic in the 2nd.

If we can bring the game we played tonight to Auburn (with the exception of cutting down on sloppy turnovers), we win there I think.
Cobb is going to be a problem for traditional 4/5s. Although he is not a stretch 4 he is a mobile shifty one. I don’t know another like him in the league right now. Bagley? Cobb is not draymond cuz of the d and shot blocking and 3s. He is Anthony mason.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

That period is more awkward than the one you had on your first date.

Reaction Score
Where does every opponent find those decent shooter? When will we get a few?
We make their shooters better by not closing out... granted some shots are prayers, but for the course of the season so far, perimeter D has not been good.
As far as why we don’t have one on our roster: we actually might! Lack of ball movement, no penetration and kicking out on the offensive end doesn’t free up shooters. We are a lot of dribbling around at the top of the key with a contested hoist as the shot clock winds down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom