Waters | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He's grown to 5'9"? I don't think he's proven to be a heavy UConn lean anymore and there's a reason Duke doesn't want a smaller PG. While I realize Gilbert only has 2-3 inches on him he seems physically ready and would be my choice but I am only going by video so who's to say.
Gilbert is about 5'10". He's got the Boatright measuring instrument in high school, even ESPN says he's 6'0" :eek:

Reaction Score
We try to get Gilbert and if we sign him, then 2017 is not so urgent and we try to get Waters/El Amin/other for the next year.
Gilbert is about 5'10". He's got the Boatright measuring instrument in high school, even ESPN says he's 6'0" :eek:

I agree on that but also think Waters is closer to 5'6".

Bazz and Boat are one thing but Gilbert and Waters? Too small.......

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
I agree on that but also think Waters is closer to 5'6".

Bazz and Boat are one thing but Gilbert and Waters? Too small..
Thats one of my biggest knocks on Waters. Sure he can play in high school, but the defenders get twice as good in college - he won't be able to score effectively. Size matters ;)

Reaction Score
Here goes mau with these off the wall eyeball test measurements again. 5'6"...lmao

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Here goes mau with these off the wall eyeball test measurements again. 5'6"...lmao
He's definitely not his listed 5'9" height though. Probably closer to 5'7" - 5'8", but at that point does it matter?

Reaction Score
Ran into a locally-famous CT public HS coach. Don't think he's too connected to the program, more connected to CBC/northeast AAU. Asked him about Waters. He seemed non-plussed, implied dad was too hands-on (wanted to be catered to), and that the kid is older than his grade by a lot.

Lots of these kids are old for their class, so not too much to worry about there. Don't even know if that's true. Anyone else hearing negative rumors or is my coach just salty and out-of-the-loop? I was kinda thinking of the kid as a phenom, honestly, and the Duke rumors made me nervous.

Anyone else hearing anything on Waters?! There was a time when I even thought we'd get an early commit from Waters...

It seems to me it would be more of a problem if these kids parents/fathers werent hands on. They should be in involved in the process and making sure their kids get the best opportunities available. Who else are these kids going to trust? Their AAU coach? Their friends? It always bothers when parents who are involved in their children's lives is viewed as a negative.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was kind of hoping it was a Pink Floyd reunion thread myself.
Yeah, I was think it was a post about blues singers. I was going to post that, but I didn't want to "muddy" the Waters.

Reaction Score
It seems to me it would be more of a problem if these kids parents/fathers werent hands on. They should be in involved in the process and making sure their kids get the best opportunities available. Who else are these kids going to trust? Their AAU coach? Their friends? It always bothers when parents who are involved in their children's lives is viewed as a negative.

I think people are salty from the AO situation.

In general the parents being involved is good for UConn because UConn is probably in the top 20% academically of competitive D1 basketball schools. The campus is also located in a very safe area and the coach is a true mentor and example of a great person for their son to emulate.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The kid is a year older than his class, but he's playing in a prep league where a lot of kids are a year older than their class.

He has an early birthday which might make him seem even older, but that's the sum of it.

As to the stories about him having an involved dad, well, good.
So basically you're saying that the "locally famous CT high school coach" didnt know what the he was talking about. I'm shocked.

Reaction Score
I think people are salty from the AO situation.

In general the parents being involved is good for UConn because UConn is probably in the top 20% academically of competitive D1 basketball schools. The campus is also located in a very safe area and the coach is a true mentor and example of a great person for their son to emulate.

I wonder if Brandon Austins father was involved in his recruitment? I guarantee his parents were probably hands off.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

The question is, is he closer to Kevin Pangos or Stanley Johnson?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Remember there were sites listing RB at 6'2?? A full 4-5 inches at the time.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, what's the conversion factor vis-à-vis Hilton Units/Mau Units?

Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, what's the conversion factor vis-à-vis Hilton Units/Mau Units?

Diminutive PG is mau units here. If you guys don't believe me please look at the video. While there are chairs out there, the bad news is they're all bigger - even the hassocks LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom