Waters to NBA... | The Boneyard

Waters to NBA...

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
42% from the field, 32% from 3. Was coming off the bench for a few games. He won’t be drafted, he’ll most likely play in the G league next year.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He can go overseas for a year or two and make some money or play in the G-league. and work on his shooting

Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if he gets drafted but there's nothing staying in school would do about that, kid is just too undersized and not an elite 3 pt shooter, especially in the NBA. Go get that six figure overseas money instead of wasting precious time in the G league to hope for a 10 day contract if you're lucky. Blows my mind that so many kids do that, terrible move financially.

Reaction Score
Man. People are hard. Dude is doing what he thinks is best for him. Gets ripped for having "no chance" at NBA and for a perceived hypocritical stance on academics . . .

What the h-ll was everybody on here doing at age 21?

I was a mess.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think he has a decent chance of being a second-round pick.

It’s probably the right call for him - another year or two isn’t going to do anything for him.

His biggest issue is his size and he’s not going to grow just because he’s living in a dorm. Plus, his coach is gone and his school is about to meet Jesus.

C

Chief00

I think he has a decent chance of being a second-round pick.

It’s probably the right call for him - another year or two isn’t going to do anything for him.

His biggest issue is his size and he’s not going to grow just because he’s living in a dorm. Plus, his coach is gone and his school is about to meet Jesus.

As they say, will he have to take a pay cut? All kidding aside, he is a fun player to watch and Tremont knows how to win.

Reaction Score
He’s a really good player. I hope he makes it. The problem is that you have to be one of the best 80 players in the world to make the nba as a point guard. The position is so stacked.

Reaction Score
As they say, will he have to take a pay cut? All kidding aside, he is a fun player to watch and Tremont knows how to win.
So did Ryan Boatright and he can't sniff the NBA. Tremont's decision is more a prelude of whats to come at LSU and perhaps even his own eligibility than it is any realistic shot at the NBA. Few GM's desire a diminutive pg with an average skill set who can't guard anyone. Given his circumstances, he had to make this choice. He had no other option.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
How many overseas jobs are there? The Europeans are getting better at basketball and are growing their own players. Same with Turkey.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t surprise me if this kid finds a place in the NBA. Yes he may only be 5’10 and 165 pounds but he can play. He’s really skilled, he’s a creator, plays great defense, and he’s clutch. If he can consistently hit 3’s at 38-40% I think you’ll see him on an NBA roster.

Reaction Score
How many overseas jobs are there? The Europeans are getting better at basketball and are growing their own players. Same with Turkey.
Big Dave O is out there, there seem to be many spots to fill in many different places

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Man. People are hard. Dude is doing what he thinks is best for him. Gets ripped for having "no chance" at NBA and for a perceived hypocritical stance on academics . . .

What the h-ll was everybody on here doing at age 21?

I was a mess.
Heard nice things about his character and work ethic from someone who coached him, though the info was conveyed in a sauna and not at a car wash.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think he has a definite chance at a 2nd round pick
Kid is a gamer and has a good ceiling
There's been far worse drafted as projects..............................................

C

Chief00

So did Ryan Boatright and he can't sniff the NBA. Tremont's decision is more a prelude of whats to come at LSU and perhaps even his own eligibility than it is any realistic shot at the NBA. Few GM's desire a diminutive pg with an average skill set who can't guard anyone. Given his circumstances, he had to make this choice. He had no other option.
Probably right but I like Tremont - he finds ways to win games.

C

Chief00

Just read the entire letter now, assuming he wrote it, he is a thoughtful and identifies/appreciates those who help him. His parents got criticized here, but many players would be fortunate to have the type of parental support Tremont got, leaving LSU $’s aside for a moment.

Reaction Score
Just read the entire letter now, assuming he wrote it, he is a thoughtful and identifies/appreciates those who help him. His parents got criticized here, but many players would be fortunate to have the type of parental support Tremont got, leaving LSU $’s aside for a moment.
There is support and then there is putting your best interests in front of your kids. The only reason why Tremont gets heat on this board is because of the obvious demands from his Dad. Besides that, he does seem like a good kid and had a really nice season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom