Watching WNBA games | The Boneyard

Watching WNBA games

Reaction Score
Has anything been announced as to how to watch WNBA games this year?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I always buy the WNBA package and it is a great deal. I think it is something like $9.99 for the season and it gives you access to stream every game. I just connect my computer to my TV via an HDMI cable and get to watch the games on my TV.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yes, you can watch WNBA action every year with the WNBA League Pass. Click the link below for more details.
I subscribe every season. It's the only way to see every game, to watch and keep track of all our former UConn players throughout the season. As Centerstream commented below, select games are shown on NBA TV.
ESPN will broadcast 16 WNBA games and entire postseason.

upload_2017-4-27_13-25-34.jpeg

[LINK]

Last edited:

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Games are subject to local blackout and games on ESPN are not shown live (but are available in the archive).

It is a good deal, but they do not contract with the rights provider to show the post-game shows. I'd pay more for the full broadcast.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
WNBA League Pass

It's $16.99 this year, up from $14.99. Darned inflation.
Hmph, dang it.
Still an incredible bargain when you consider it gives you every single game, including on demand for an indefinite period of time.

Last year was the first year I subscribed to League Pass and I was glad I did.

Reaction Score
They usually have a promo code that shaves a couple of dollars off the price. I'll keep an eye out for it and post it in this thread in case anyone is interested.

Last edited:

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I subscribe to League Pass every year and it is a steal even at this year's higher price. I will show restraint this season and wait until the last minute to subscribe unless I see a discount code. There were a couple years I got anxious and subscribe before the codes were issued. In one year the code came out after the first game. :confused:

I saw "WNBA20" on a coupon website to knock the price down to $15.00 but I'll wait for something more official from the Sun before I try that.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I paid $14.99 last season. The prior season, I paid only about $9.99, but that was the price starting in about the middle of the season. I think the full season price was closer to $14.99. I'm not sure, but there may have been a discount of some form available. Even at $16.99, that's about .20 per game for what I plan to watch. A bargain! I like to watch as much of Moriah, Stewie/Kaleena/Sue, Maya/Renee, and Tina/Kiah/Bria as I can.

Reaction Score
I paid $14.99 last season. The prior season, I paid only about $9.99, but that was the price starting in about the middle of the season. I think the full season price was closer to $14.99. I'm not sure, but there may have been a discount of some form available. Even at $16.99, that's about .20 per game for what I plan to watch. A bargain! I like to watch as much of Moriah, Stewie/Kaleena/Sue, Maya/Renee, and Tina/Kiah/Bria as I can.
Don't forget Stef!:):)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I paid for the pass last season and didn't watch a single game :eek:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The WNBA League Pass is great and by any standard, an incredible bargain. I try to watch every game which is not that difficult since the games are archived and can be played just like a clip (hopping around as desired). Perhaps the nicest feature are tools (unfortunately a little primitive) that allow you to track ssome of the highlights of a given player (UConn players I imagine would be high on this list :rolleyes:)

Reaction Score
WATCHMEWORK
for $2 off the full season package.*

The WNBA returns to action May 13th after a series of off-season roster moves that saw the likes of Elena Delle Donne (Washington Mystics), Danielle Robinson (Phoenix Mercury) and Candice Dupree (Indiana Fever) in new cities.

Use code WATCHMEWORK for $2 off the full season package and watch them play all season. We hope you enjoy another exciting season of WNBA basketball. Thanks for being a loyal subscriber

psconn

Reaction Score
WATCHMEWORK is the code. My suggestion of WNBA20 does not work. PLEASE NOTE that you are automatically placed in an auto-renew status. I personally think this sucks, and I will complain to the league about it, but it won't keep me from subscribing. I fully intend to continue as a subscriber in the future but I want the freedom to initiate my subscription when I deem appropriate, choose the payment method, and be able to take advantage of any discount offers as they may be available EACH YEAR.

Please join me in contacting the W about this. I will use the email below (wnbaleaguepasssupport@wnba.com) to reach them. Here is what I wrote:
I have been a loyal subscriber for a number of years, but I object to the automatic placement of my account in “auto-renew” status. I am very unhappy with this requirement. There should be an opt-out selection on the subscription form for auto-renew. I want to decide when I renew and how I pay for it each time. I will not renew at this time. Please respond as soon as possible.

"Auto Renewal Obligations:

By clicking the "Purchase" button, you agree to the automatic renewal terms pertaining to your WNBA League Pass subscription, summarized as follows:

For paying WNBA LEAGUE PASS subscribers and WNBA TEAM PASS subscribers, following your initial subscription period, your subscription will automatically renew each year (i.e., after the first season and each subsequent season) as a WNBA LEAGUE PASS or WNBA TEAM PASS (as applicable) subscription at the then-current fees applicable to such subscription. The payment method you use at the time of initial purchase will be billed for each renewal at the then-current fees applicable to such subscription.

You can cancel your subscription by contacting WNBA LEAGUE PASS Support (via email: wnbaleaguepasssupport@wnba.com) at least five (5) business days prior to the last day of your then-current subscription term. If you cancel, your subscription will expire at the end of the current subscription period, but subscription fees for the current period will not be returned. You consent to receiving messages regarding your subscription via your email address and via other electronic means we may select. Please see the WNBA League Pass Terms of Use for further details."

Reaction Score
WATCHMEWORK is the code. My suggestion of WNBA20 does not work. PLEASE NOTE that you are automatically placed in an auto-renew status. I personally think this sucks, and I will complain to the league about it, but it won't keep me from subscribing. I fully intend to continue as a subscriber in the future but I want the freedom to initiate my subscription when I deem appropriate, choose the payment method, and be able to take advantage of any discount offers as they may be available EACH YEAR.

Please join me in contacting the W about this. I will use the email below (wnbaleaguepasssupport@wnba.com) to reach them. Here is what I wrote:
I have been a loyal subscriber for a number of years, but I object to the automatic placement of my account in “auto-renew” status. I am very unhappy with this requirement. There should be an opt-out selection on the subscription form for auto-renew. I want to decide when I renew and how I pay for it each time. I will not renew at this time. Please respond as soon as possible.

"Auto Renewal Obligations:

By clicking the "Purchase" button, you agree to the automatic renewal terms pertaining to your WNBA League Pass subscription, summarized as follows:

For paying WNBA LEAGUE PASS subscribers and WNBA TEAM PASS subscribers, following your initial subscription period, your subscription will automatically renew each year (i.e., after the first season and each subsequent season) as a WNBA LEAGUE PASS or WNBA TEAM PASS (as applicable) subscription at the then-current fees applicable to such subscription. The payment method you use at the time of initial purchase will be billed for each renewal at the then-current fees applicable to such subscription.

You can cancel your subscription by contacting WNBA LEAGUE PASS Support (via email: wnbaleaguepasssupport@wnba.com) at least five (5) business days prior to the last day of your then-current subscription term. If you cancel, your subscription will expire at the end of the current subscription period, but subscription fees for the current period will not be returned. You consent to receiving messages regarding your subscription via your email address and via other electronic means we may select. Please see the WNBA League Pass Terms of Use for further details."
I didn't even notice that when I renewed. It annoys me also. I think it would probably work to go into your account under billing and remove your credit card info to keep the renewal from happening.

psconn

Reaction Score
UPDATE: The email provided (wnbaleaguepasssupport@wnba.com) does not work and returns and "undeliverable" message. I have forwarded both issues to wnba@fans.wnba.com... they are looking into it.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE POLICY, SPEAK UP AND SEND THEM A MESSAGE. Many voices will make an impression.

Reaction Score
UPDATE: The email provided (wnbaleaguepasssupport@wnba.com) does not work and returns and "undeliverable" message. I have forwarded both issues to wnba@fans.wnba.com... they are looking into it.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE POLICY, SPEAK UP AND SEND THEM A MESSAGE. Many voices will make an impression.

try emailing "leaguepasssupport@wnba.com". That is what is listed in the FAQ on the wnba website.

FWIW, I am not that bothered by the automatic auto-renew enrollment. They certainly offer a reasonable product to stream pretty much all non-televised games for $14.99 (with coupon). It doesn't take that much effort to cancel via email. Granted they have to get their act together on the email address, but I will remember to send one after I watch the first streaming game. Even if I forget to cancel and have it automatically renew next year, it will not be the worse thing to happen. I have subscribed every year they have offered league pass.

I enjoy watching the UCONN alums play on their respective teams, and as entertainment values go, this is a pretty good one. The WNBA is always on pretty shaky financial footing, and as a WBB fan, this is not that much of a financial commitment, even with the auto-renew, to help support it.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
try emailing "leaguepasssupport@wnba.com". That is what is listed in the FAQ on the wnba website.

FWIW, I am not that bothered by the automatic auto-renew enrollment. They certainly offer a reasonable product to stream pretty much all non-televised games for $14.99 (with coupon). It doesn't take that much effort to cancel via email. Granted they have to get their act together on the email address, but I will remember to send one after I watch the first streaming game. Even if I forget to cancel and have it automatically renew next year, it will not be the worse thing to happen. I have subscribed every year they have offered league pass.

I enjoy watching the UConn alums play on their respective teams, and as entertainment values go, this is a pretty good one. The WNBA is always on pretty shaky financial footing, and as a WBB fan, this is not that much of a financial commitment, even with the auto-renew, to help support it.
you just convinced me... to renew (guess they were going to do it anyways) hopefully I watch a game this season. Game days/times do not mesh with my work schedule but I agree $15.00 is a cool way to show your support

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom