Watching UCF and EastCar... UConn Coaches Ought to Worry... | The Boneyard

Watching UCF and EastCar... UConn Coaches Ought to Worry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
... About how to motivate the Huskies to play two teams as bad as these! Bad passing, out-of-control drives, horrible body language and poor fundamentals. Wowzers.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
South, Central... Whatever. Still some awful basketball.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
USF is the second best team in the AAC, supposedly.

Reaction Score
USF, ECU, and Tulane could battle for an NCAA berth.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
After watching that game I am more concerned that come January 28, we will be revisited by the ghost of RU past in the form of ECU.
They come right at you, don't seem to care if the fouls get called, and will bang you till you are very, very bruised. I don't know if we are ready for a slug fest, and that it what we will get, I am pretty sure. It will not be a game of beauty by a long shot.

Reaction Score
... About how to motivate the Huskies to play two teams as bad as these! Bad passing, out-of-control drives, horrible body language and poor fundamentals. Wowzers.

Last year, contemplating this precise issue, in a televised pre-game talk to the team Geno said, "We cannot control WHO we play. We can control HOW we play." He demands the very best in effort and execution from every kid, every game, regardless of the opponent. Easier said than done, but that's why Geno is the best and his players are the best.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Last year, contemplating this precise issue, in a televised pre-game talk to the team Geno said, "We cannot control WHO we play. We can control HOW we play." He demands the very best in effort and execution from every kid, every game, regardless of the opponent. Easier said than done, but that's why Geno is the best and his players are the best.
That has been Geno's philosophy long before anyone ever thought of the AAC.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well we used to play Seton Hall and Providence too. :(

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Eh, from the glass half full perspective, could be worse. AAC has four teams from UConn at #1 to Tulane at #42 with USF and East Carolina in between that are rated in Sagarin in that region, which is the same number as that vaunted B12 conference that has teams like Texas, Baylor, OK State, and WVU up there. So you can say there must be a lot of horrific looking play elsewhere if you want to do another rag-on-the-AAC threads.

End of last year and in the preseason there were posters saying the AAC would have one team in the top 100 and only one with a chance to make it to March Madness. Being in the top 42 gives you some shot at getting the Tournament, and last year teams much further back were making the Tourney. Granted if the selection committee again goes against historic precedent and fills up the at-large selections with SEC teams who went 2-8 in their last 10 and terrible conference records, there will again be less room for an AAC team, but the committee seems to like trying on a new fashion for their picks each year, so maybe 2015 will be different.

Reaction Score
I think to make the AAC schedule more interesting, UConn should have to play with only 4 players. They'd still win a lot of the games, but at least it wouldn't be by 40.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
The AAC will need development, but besides having four teams rated in the top 42 by Sagarin, it also has six teams with current SOS in the top 100, which is more than the B12, ACC, and SEC has and the same as the PAC, with only the B10 having more. So maybe the AAC teams are making the effort to improve.

And this month UConn has played two of the top ACC teams and beaten them by 18 on the road and 31 at home, so do you think they wouldn't beat the chaff of the conference also by 40? Just don't see the point in the continuous ragging on the AAC, especially as the doom-and-gloom horror scenarios painted previously have not appeared and the conference is settling in at that same #6 spot that the Big East used to occupy. The situations obviously aren't the same, but that #6 rated BEast with UConn at the head took three spots in the FF two years ago, a feat that 6 years before that in 2006 might have seemed unlikely to happen as it was the ACC that had three teams in the FF and the BEast had none. It takes time for good things to develop, and patience is a virtue, supposedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom