OT: - Watching the men’s championship? | The Boneyard

OT: Watching the men’s championship?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Gonzaga has dominated all season and has made it to the championship game undefeated. After an emotional win over UCLA - the one where Paige’s friend Jalen Suggs hit the miracle three at the last second- Gonzaga is wilting in the game vs a fired up Baylor. Baylor is forcing turnovers and its defense is making life really hard for Gonzaga who can’t even make layup. And it seems like every shot Baylor puts up goes in. It’s 29-12 halfway through the first half.

Sound familiar?

Reaction Score
Tough to go undefeated. Not enough challenges during the year, methinks.

Reaction Score
24 - 38 now. Gonzaga shots 25% of three while Bayor is 55.6%, big difference.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Jalen picked up 2 fouls quickly. Sat out about 7 minutes. But they have been giving him alot of grief. Like the Az defense

Reaction Score
Baylor is running the offense Uconn should run. Isolate your best ( hottest player), give that player space to make a 1-1 move, and if help comes , hit the open shooter for a three.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
These Minnesota kids just can’t live up to their ESPN hype. :rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Every Baylor player looks as strong as an ox. Baylor bowling balls.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I heard a word from a Baylor player. Same one everybody is having a cow about that Adia Barnes said. Will there be any reaction at all?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Killed em on the offensive boards. Took 18 more shots

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Didn't watch, but shocked. Actually thought the Zags might do it - the undefeated season thing.

I wonder if it will happen again on the men's side. While there have been amazing comebacks on the women's side, the men's game remains more volatile.

Reaction Score
Didn't watch, but shocked. Actually thought the Zags might do it - the undefeated season thing.

I wonder if it will happen again on the men's side. While there have been amazing comebacks on the women's side, the men's game remains more volatile.
I don't think it will happen again on the men's side. The really good players leave too soon. So you have talented but inexperienced teams pitted against less-talented but more mature, experienced, cohesive teams. As opposed to the women's game where a Page Bueckers, no matter how talented and pro-ready she may be, stays four years because she has to. So you end up with WBB teams that are both talented and experienced. Hence fewer upsets.

Reaction Score
It was a great game! I have been watching Gonzaga all season, same with their women's program. It is tough to go undefeated and it really hurts taking your first loss in the Championship game. But they made it to the Finals and had a fantastic run. Baylor was just 2 or 3 steps ahead of Gonzaga. Offensively, they were knocking down shot, after shot, after shot! And on the defensive end. OMG!! They were aggressive! Like in boxing (or MMA now), when you are in attack mode from the jump, you set the tone for the fight and you pray that you can keep that attack going until you land that knock out shot. Baylor was like that fighter in attack mode all night. When Zaga made a nice run to get the lead down to 9 or 10, Baylor responded with another 8 or 10 point run. That was a great game. Sorry to see Gonzaga lose but gotta tip your hat to Baylor. They played great!

Reaction Score
Does anyone think the UCLA overtime game took alot out of them.?

Reaction Score
Does anyone think the UCLA overtime game took alot out of them.?
Absolutely. They were flat but Baylor was the better team. I think Baylor beats them 4 out of 5. Their defense was as good as we have seen in a while.

I also thought that the Baylor offense was superior to ours by comparison and design. Baylor never passed to the high post like we do to Liv. They keep the middle lane area open. The high post is for a quick pick and roll only. They run 3 sets, a 3-2 perimeter dribble drive offense with the low post players extended to start, a low block extended horns offense and a foul line horns offense. The ball doesn't go to the high post to start the offense. Our strength is our guards, most of whom are good to great one on one players. So was Baylor's and they took full advantage of driving lanes.

Reaction Score
Absolutely. They were flat but Baylor was the better team. I think Baylor beats them 4 out of 5. Their defense was as good as we have seen in a while.

I also thought that the Baylor offense was superior to ours by comparison and design. Baylor never passed to the high post like we do to Liv. They keep the middle lane area open. The high post is for a quick pick and roll only. They run 3 sets, a 3-2 perimeter dribble drive offense with the low post players extended to start, a low block extended horns offense and a foul line horns offense. The ball doesn't go to the high post to start the offense. Our strength is our guards, most of whom are good to great one on one players. So was Baylor's and they took full advantage of driving lanes.

@MarkVitalJr tells @sportsiren and @GabeIkard how a premature champagne order by Gonzaga motivated Baylor on Monday night.

#SicEm | #TimeIsNow ? https://post original url/hYOFHWEE5a

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
@MarkVitalJr tells @sportsiren and @GabeIkard how a premature champagne order by Gonzaga motivated Baylor on Monday night.

#SicEm | #TimeIsNow ? https://post original url/hYOFHWEE5a

Is that confirmed? I don't see a legit source. Did SiriusXM fact check it or just go ahead and throw it out there? I see some random bloggers repeating it, but no real news organizations. Sounds like a dumb rumor that got started. Vital might believe it's true, but that doesn't make it true. Seriously, how would anyone connected w/ Baylor know what GU was up to before the game started? Do they have a spy network?

This definitely appears to be the ultimate source of sports news :rolleyes::

It worked for motivating Baylor, but it absolutely does not sound like something Mark Few would be any part of.

Reaction Score
For the record I don't believe it's true either. But Vital did and I guess that's all that matters at this point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom