watching Nova celebrate | The Boneyard

watching Nova celebrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
was pretty special, the raw emotion, the pure joy of winning such a landmark game against one of the blue blood giants

I'm happy for them, and it reminds me of how we felt when we advanced as the underdog

today was fun, tomorrow's games are going to suck, at least 1 team I dislike is going to advance so I'm not looking forward to that

I want the winner of OK and Nova to win it all, and VA is the only other team that doesn't make me vomit in my mouth

Reaction Score
was pretty special, the raw emotion, the pure joy of winning such a landmark game against one of the blue blood giants

I'm happy for them, and it reminds me of how we felt when we advanced as the underdog

today was fun, tomorrow's games are going to suck, at least 1 team I dislike is going to advance so I'm not looking forward to that

I want the winner of OK and Nova to win it all, and VA is the only other team that doesn't make me vomit in my mouth
They are a 2 seed and almost had a 1 seed, plus they were playing against a Bill Self coached team in March. Not that big of an upset.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
well then, why are they so happy

Reaction Score
Nova has not been to the fina4 since 09, can't begrudge them for being emotional

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm actually eating a slice of their sausage and pepperoni right now. Best pie I've ever had. Not only great pizza but great people. They only hire folks with developmental disabilities. Didn't expect to find that in Reno!
http://www.smilingwithhopepizza.com/history/

It looks tasty.

Tonight, I ate the hyperbolicly overrated abomination that is Regina's Pizza here in Boston. I have zero idea why this place became famous.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Good for Nova. I have nothing against them, they were a good rival. They've had it rough for a while, not living up to expectations in the tournament. Maybe this is their time to finally break through. I'll be rooting for them.

Reaction Score
Jay Wright is a good coach and hes a good guy as well. Of all the coaches remaining, I would like to see him win a National Championship.

Reaction Score
Very worthy accomplishment for our former rivals. Considering previous tournament fails... I'm psyched for them.

Reaction Score
Jay Wright is a good coach and hes a good guy as well. Of all the coaches remaining, I would like to see him win a National Championship.

Not a huge fan of Jay personally although I am not sure why. There's something that makes me believe he is not always genuine but that's just me, no proof.

What I will say is I was very impressed with his coaching last night especially during the Kansas runs when the crowd was whooping into a frenzy and he guided his team back down the court on offense exuding calmness on the sidelines as he slowly directed his team into another offensive set. He did keep them calm and helped them keep the slow pace and run their offense. Also kept his composure through a period where the referees were swaying the KU momentum train and didn't get overly bothered by it but made his points known. He was the better coach last night and it was obvious.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
A lot of people on this forum dont like Nova for some reason. They havent done us wrong, all they have done give us tough/memorable games whenever we met. Im rooting for them to take it all if not them than Oklahoma.
They have a supremely douchey internet fan base, which colors my perception of them anyway.

Reaction Score
A lot of people on this forum dont like Nova for some reason. They havent done us wrong, all they have done give us tough/memorable games whenever we met. Im rooting for them to take it all if not them than Oklahoma.

What Trest said above.

Villanova's fanbase was the worst of all the Big East fanbases back when we played them regularly.

My order of fanbases from most douchey to least:

1. Villanova
2. St John's
3. Georgetown
4. Pittsburgh
5. Louisville
6. Seton Hall
7. Syracuse
8. Everyone else.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I still have an irrational hatred of Eric Eberz.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
What Trest said above.

Villanova's fanbase was the worst of all the Big East fanbases back when we played them regularly.

My order of fanbases from most douchey to least:

1. Villanova
2. St John's
3. Georgetown
4. Pittsburgh
5. Louisville
6. Seton Hall
7. Syracuse
8. Everyone else.
Maybe an average for the year? Back when we played them I always watched them in Philly against our dogs. Packed. Maybe for the rival games. When I went huge fan turnout. Not a Villy fan.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I always liked Jay, He looked like he aged last night. It has only a couple of years since we played them. They are in the final 4. So it is obvious they are good. However I don't think I have ever seen a Villanova team like this one. Big guys. My mistake start of the season was thinking Villanova of yesteryear. Didn't even think they would pass the 32. My bad.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I once had a nice interaction with Jay Wright outside Gampel while camping out before we played them. Nice guy. I like him, but can't say the same for the fans. Knew a couple kids growing up who went there. Very cocky about their basketball team for some reason. Was never really sure why.

Reaction Score
They're the only non P5 team left. All fan bases have douchey posters on the 'net so I won't let that sway me from rooting for them. Now if we have consistent recruiting battles with Nova, then that's another thing.

Anyone but Cuse. And UNC. And ND.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Nova 2016 is a very unusual Final 4 team - not one player projected to go in the 2016 or 2017 NBA draft BUT each one seems to be a very solid player
Felt somewhat sorry for Kansas because I feel they got jobbed by the refs a few times late in the game but Ellis had a real bad game
I am not a Nova hater or lover but there is something about this team that makes me enjoy them.
Been going and watching games since 1965
Syracuse, Pittsburgh and Lousiville fans have been the worse - sure Nova fans sometimes get unreal but its mostly the drunk kids
With the three I listed, all the fans, especially Cuse and Pitt - it was young and old - just plain obnoxious creeps
ANYONE BUT SYRACUSE FIRST and NOTRE DAME SECOND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3