watching Nova celebrate | Page 2 | The Boneyard

watching Nova celebrate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I always liked Jay, He looked like he aged last night. It has only a couple of years since we played them. They are in the final 4. So it is obvious they are good. However I don't think I have ever seen a Villanova team like this one. Big guys. My mistake start of the season was thinking Villanova of yesteryear. Didn't even think they would pass the 32. My bad.

It is practically the same team from 2 years ago. They are just older and better. 5 of the key players played UConn in Buffalo. Only Brunson and Bridges weren't there that night.

I will say this about Nova's recruiting though. They really punked Ollie by grabbing Omari Spellman. Spellman could have added some real beef to UConn at PF.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
What Trest said above.

Villanova's fanbase was the worst of all the Big East fanbases back when we played them regularly.

My order of fanbases from most douchey to least:

1. Villanova
2. St John's
3. Georgetown
4. Pittsburgh
5. Louisville
6. Seton Hall
7. Syracuse
8. Everyone else.
There is some fine reading to be had today if one hates the Pitt fan base. They can see the writing on the wall with the Stallings hire.

Reaction Score
What Trest said above.

Villanova's fanbase was the worst of all the Big East fanbases back when we played them regularly.

My order of fanbases from most douchey to least:

1. Villanova
2. St John's
3. Georgetown
4. Pittsburgh
5. Louisville
6. Seton Hall
7. Syracuse
8. Everyone else.

Really? Never felt that way. Cuse is the most toxic. Then Providence and SJU. A level down is Georgetown, Pitt. Rutgers on the football side.

Reaction Score
Really? Never felt that way. Cuse is the most toxic. Then Providence and SJU. A level down is Georgetown, Pitt. Rutgers on the football side.

Both in person and on their boards, no one slags on UConn more than Nova.

Syracuse has a bunch of real "winners" on their boards, but at venues like the BET they seem to be among the more level-headed and reasonable.

PC is just jealous, and easy to ignore.

G'town in person just has this air of superiority, and they act like John Thompson's teams were all saints, Michael Graham a model citizen.

I think the Nova thing is about the mentality of the type of kids who grew up on the main line outside of Philly. But no fan base ever blew up this board like the Nova fans did about a decade ago.

Reaction Score
This Nova team Will fundamental you to death. We like to joke about Ellis but I swear Archidiacano was on the 09 Big East All Freshman team with Kemba.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I've always lived by the motto that when it comes to sports, your not doing it right or winning enough if your not hated, and it seems every fanbase, Nova included, hates UConn. Their internet fans reflect this but to me it's a good thing. We have had some big games with Nova and their fans seem to think that we just have their number. Also remember that they were always second fiddle to the big boys in the OBE, and now they are the NBE's crown jewel, they hate us because secretly they know it took UConn and the rest leaving for that to occur, also why they seem to be so against the proposition of adding UConn as a BE bball only school whenever other fans bring it up on the big east board.

Reaction Score
They are a 2 seed and almost had a 1 seed, plus they were playing against a Bill Self coached team in March. Not that big of an upset.
Tell that to KO.

Reaction Score

Syracuse has a bunch of real "winners" on their boards, but at venues like the BET they seem to be among the more level-headed and reasonable.

G'town in person just has this air of superiority, and they act like John Thompson's teams were all saints, Michael Graham a model citizen.

I think the Nova thing is about the mentality of the type of kids who grew up on the main line outside of Philly. But no fan base ever blew up this board like the Nova fans did about a decade ago.
We also have a bunch of real winners on our board. We hate just about everybody.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What I will say is I was very impressed with his coaching last night especially during the Kansas runs when the crowd was whooping into a frenzy and he guided his team back down the court on offense exuding calmness on the sidelines as he slowly directed his team into another offensive set. He did keep them calm and helped them keep the slow pace and run their offense. Also kept his composure through a period where the referees were swaying the KU momentum train and didn't get overly bothered by it but made his points known. He was the better coach last night and it was obvious.

Not knocking your personally, but if Ollie did this, posters would say he lacked fire.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
There is some fine reading to be had today if one hates the Pitt fan base. They can see the writing on the wall with the Stallings hire.

Haahaha Check out Sheldon Jeter's (who left Vandy because of Stallings) tweet from yesterday:

Reaction Score

A decade ago? So we should hold a portion of an internet fan base against a team from their behavior a decade ago when choosing who to root for when they are probably the better option to see win?

I think enough has happened in the last decade in college sports to expose who the real teams are for UConn fans to hate. I think Villanova right now would rank behind ummm....BC, Syracuse, Rutgers, Pitt, Miami, Notre Dame, Kentucky, Duke, UNC, Louisville, any ACC school especially the football ones and whoever could tie us in championships like Kansas and Michigan State. After that maybe I'd consider Villanova but they'd still probably rank behind Providence and St. John's in terms of old BE rival fan bases I didn't like.

I used to hate UMass too. Times and circumstances change.

I rooted like crazy for Villanova last night. Very likeable team. I'm pulling for Oklahoma to win the tournament. But if Nova wins I'll root for them against the ACC group easily.

Last edited:

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I'm going with

1. Oklahoma
2. Nova
3. UVA
4. Notre Dame
5. UNC
6. Fruits

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm going with

1. Oklahoma
2. Nova
3. UVA
4. Notre Dame
5. UNC
6. Fruits
That's almost my order. It pains me to say that I want the Fruits more than UNC because of the way the NCAA and UNC have been dancing around the phony classes. It's a travesty and it is made worse by the degree the media isn't dogging Williams about it during the tournament. They hassled JC ad nauseum over the APR which was enacted retroactively. Besides I'm hoping, albeit I have no faith in the NCAA to do the correct thing, that they will take away one of the UNC trophies from the past and UConn leaps them in numbers of NCs. So I don't want them to win this year because that certainly wouldn't be removed.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
That's almost my order. It pains me to say that I want the Fruits more than UNC because of the way the NCAA and UNC have been dancing around the phony classes. It's a travesty and it is made worse by the degree the media isn't dogging Williams about it during the tournament. They hassled JC ad nauseum over the APR which was enacted retroactively. Besides I'm hoping, albeit I have no faith in the NCAA to do the correct thing, that they will take away one of the UNC trophies from the past and UConn leaps them in numbers of NCs. So I don't want them to win this year because that certainly wouldn't be removed.

Yup. In a nutshell.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I can't recall any interaction with a Nova fan. But if I did, I know one thing for certain, he's not walking away with a winning hand

C'mon man, they're just a step or two above St John's historically speaking. And in recent years, they're more hype than accomplishment when it matters most

I have to think everyone thinks we're a bunch of douches, and we have a ton of ammo

480107519jpg-8685f20319aea7f8.jpg

20140322_mta_ah3_090.0.jpg

Reaction Score
A decade ago? So we should hold a portion of an internet fan base against a team from their behavior a decade ago when choosing who to root for when they are probably the better option to see win?

I think enough has happened in the last decade in college sports to expose who the real teams are for UConn fans to hate. I think Villanova right now would rank behind ummm....BC, Syracuse, Rutgers, Pitt, Miami, Notre Dame, Kentucky, Duke, UNC, Louisville, any ACC school especially the football ones and whoever could tie us in championships like Kansas and Michigan State. After that maybe I'd consider Villanova but they'd still probably rank behind Providence and St. John's in terms of old BE rival fan bases I didn't like.

I used to hate UMass too. Times and circumstances change.

I rooted like crazy for Villanova last night. Very likeable team. I'm pulling for Oklahoma to win the tournament. But if Nova wins I'll root for them against the ACC group easily.

???

Has the main line changed? Philly? No. Then I'll hold it against them.

Maryland will always be my #1 for the next several decades for something that happened a decade ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom