Watching Huskies | The Boneyard

Watching Huskies

Reaction Score
Hope I’m not being redundant, but here goes
I moved from NYC, where my cable carrier, Spectrum, carried SNY so I was able to watch most UCONN games in real time
I moved to Corpus Christi, TX where, though the cable company is also Spectrum, they don’t carry SNY.
Although I can see the games on ESPN, ABC, Foxsports1, how can I watch or stream the games on SNY?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I'm in central Florida. I use FUBU for the games.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Last season I watched the SNY games on the Fox Sports app. I downloaded the app to my smart TV. I live in Maryland so I am outside the regular viewing area for SNY. Xfinity is my cable company.
@Inthepaint I believe that the caveat to streaming the SNY broadcasts using the Fox Sports app is that you have to have Fox Network (local station) and FS1 via your tv provider (Spectrum). I would guess that the majority of tv providers have these two networks in their basic packages.

Reaction Score
I believe that the caveat to streaming the SNY broadcasts using the Fox Sports app is that you have to have Fox Network (local station) and FS1 via your tv provider (Spectrum). I would guess that the majority of tv providers have these two networks in their basic packages.
You are correct.
I have Spectrum and I watched SNY games via Fox Sport Live on my PC last year. Not sure on TV but you can always use HDMI cable to transfer Fox Sport Live to your TV,

Reaction Score
I think a new SNY app came out earlier in the year. Supposedly you will be able to stream all UCONN games, plus pre, post games.
The SNY app is now available for download on:
  • iOS, tvOS, and Apple TV
  • Android and Android TV
  • Fire TV
  • Roku
The new SNY App replaces the The NBC Sports App as SNY’s live streaming destination.

Live New York Mets baseball games & UConn Huskies women's basketball games, pre-game & post-game shows, plus highlights

The latest news, rumors, and updates on your favorite New York sports teams

Last edited:

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I think a new SNY app came out earlier in the year. Supposedly you will be able to stream all UCONN games, plus pre, post games.
I am guessing that this is only an option for SNY subscribers.

From the link above

Q. : How can I stream Mets and UConn basketball games?

A: If your TV provider carries SNY and you reside in an area where you can view in-market Mets and UConn games on SNY, you can watch on SNY App and the sny.tv by logging in to your TV provider service and authenticating your account.

If your TV provider has not yet entered into an agreement with SNY to make authentication available, you will not be able to stream the content. Please contact your TV provider if you are not able to access the stream of the game via SNY App or the sny.tv.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Last season I watched the SNY games on the Fox Sports app. I downloaded the app to my smart TV. I live in Maryland so I am outside the regular viewing area for SNY. Xfinity is my cable company.
Also in Maryland, Verizon is my provider. I've been watching them on the Fox Sports (or Fox Now) app since they've been in the New Big East. The first year sometimes I couldn't get it on Fox Sports, sometimes couldn't get it on Fox Now, but IIRC last year I was able to watch them all on Fox Sports. It does have a terrible interface; maybe the app has been updated and is better.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Get rid of your cable and stream live TV. I use YouTube TV and watch all.of UCONN'S games and many other womens games across the country.

Reaction Score
I live in Austin, have Direct T.V. satellite for 18 years. Subscribe to the choice +package get SNY, all Fox sports, all ESPN, CBS sports, all college conference networks etc. Mostly DVR afternoon games and watch in the evening. Still have an inventory of games I rewatch. This is the simplest and best viewing experience I can recommend.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Get rid of your cable and stream live TV. I use YouTube TV and watch all.of UCONN'S games and many other womens games across the country.
Where do you live? I had YouTube TV in NC and SNY was not an option. It is also not an option with Hulu Live, so I have to use the Fox Sports app to stream the Husky games

Reaction Score
you can get SNY if you get TVMate IPTV they carry every channel imaginable and all you need is the internet. They also have a recording feature so you can tape the games if you're out

Centerstream

Reaction Score
you can get SNY if you get TVMate IPTV they carry every channel imaginable and all you need is the internet. They also have a recording feature so you can tape the games if you're out
Is this the same as TiVimate?

Reaction Score
Thank you everybody for all the info.
I have a smart tv and a Fire Stick so I’m sure some of these options will work.
Texas A&M Corpus Christi has a WCBB team ( Div 1) so I can go see some games but…
I still need my Husky fix.
I expect this up coming season will be something I don’t want to miss.

Reaction Score
I did the same, but watched on my computer...m

Reaction Score
Thank you everybody for all the info.
I have a smart tv and a Fire Stick so I’m sure some of these options will work.
Texas A&M Corpus Christi has a WCBB team ( Div 1) so I can go see some games but…
I still need my Husky fix.
I expect this up coming season will be something I don’t want to miss.
FYI, after reading one of the posts above I just downloaded and installed the SNY App. I have a Fire Stick, Hulu is my TV provider and I live in South Florida. In previous years I watched UCONN WBB using the FOX Sports App. Every once in a while the SNY link didn't show up in the FOX Sports App so I would get the game on my PC and switch it to the TV using an HDMI cable. Using the FOX Sports App to access SNY only the game was available. I hopeful that with the SNY App the pre and post game shows will be available. From time to time there was one I would have like to watch.

Reaction Score
I am guessing that this is only an option for SNY subscribers.

From the link above

Q. : How can I stream Mets and UConn basketball games?

A: If your TV provider carries SNY and you reside in an area where you can view in-market Mets and UConn games on SNY, you can watch on SNY App and the sny.tv by logging in to your TV provider service and authenticating your account.

If your TV provider has not yet entered into an agreement with SNY to make authentication available, you will not be able to stream the content. Please contact your TV provider if you are not able to access the stream of the game via SNY App or the sny.tv.
Thanks, very helpful information..... This is one of the yearly WBB stresses that I have to work
through. Every Boneyard piece of broadcasting information is appreciated... THANK YOU, to everyone!

Centerstream

Reaction Score
FYI, after reading one of the posts above I just downloaded and installed the SNY App. I have a Fire Stick, Hulu is my TV provider and I live in South Florida. In previous years I watched UCONN WBB using the FOX Sports App. Every once in a while the SNY link didn't show up in the FOX Sports App so I would get the game on my PC and switch it to the TV using an HDMI cable. Using the FOX Sports App to access SNY only the game was available. I hopeful that with the SNY App the pre and post game shows will be available. From time to time there was one I would have like to watch.
Now I am confused.
I believe that you are saying that you have access to SNY programs even though you live in South Florida.
The reason for my confusion is this statement from the above link (post #10):
The SNY app is your home for authenticated in-market live streaming of Mets baseball. Download today and stream all season long, plus enjoy other great SNY content!

I understand that to mean that the app is only available for subscribers of SNY, ie you have to live in the NY, NJ, CT viewing area.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom