Watching games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Watching games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I bought a Roku TV and can get Fox Sports and SNY. Since I live in Ohio SNY is of no use to me as far as watching games. We seem to be out of their viewing area.
I can get most of the games on Fox Sports because I bought the Hulu sports package. Sometimes I can get the games on FS1 or FS2.
Here in the mid-Atlantic region it doesn't matter what service you have, YouTube Live, Hulu Live, and Verizon is a hassle not worth having. Fox Sports says you qualify to watch SNY, until game time, that is, at which time they say that the game is not available for streaming. Bite my butt. We have always had our way with watching UConn games; now the sit has flipped. Replays are limp asparagus--especially with the Huskies blowing everyone out lately.
I have to wonder why, if SNY is in such demand, someone doesn't figure out how to monetize it into a pay to stream channel? Most of us would ante-up, right? Modernity sucks the big one. Apologies to the young among us (as if).

Reaction Score
Thanks to everyone who mentioned the fox sports app replays. I didn't realize that was an option. Starting the Seton Hall game now!

Reaction Score
Replays are no longer allowed as SNY is enforcing its copyright to prohibit unauthorized showing of their property.

I don’t know if the info here will help -

Thanks, Nan.... I have a connection to FS1... but never used it.!!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Here in the mid-Atlantic region it doesn't matter what service you have, YouTube Live, Hulu Live, and Verizon is a hassle not worth having. Fox Sports says you qualify to watch SNY, until game time, that is, at which time they say that the game is not available for streaming. Bite my butt. We have always had our way with watching UConn games; now the sit has flipped. Replays are limp asparagus--especially with the Huskies blowing everyone out lately.
I have to wonder why, if SNY is in such demand, someone doesn't figure out how to monetize it into a pay to stream channel? Most of us would ante-up, right? Modernity sucks the big one. Apologies to the young among us (as if).
I live in NC, have Hulu Live, had YouTubeTV at one point, and have never missed a SNY broadcast that was streamed on the Fox Sports app/channel.
And SNY does stream their programs via their app BUT with the big caveat that you have to be a subscriber via your tv provider. I have no idea what would be involved, or the cost, for them to have the app available for out-of-market viewers (non subscribers). I know off no other sports network, NESN, MASN, etc, that offers this type of service.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
How about reaching out to Fox Sports asking them to include the games in the REPLAY section of their programming...? I think at one time the games did appear there... not for sure though.

Here's the link to do that...

They include the men's basketball games there... Why not the women's games...?

If enough persons ask this of them, maybe it would help to remedy this situation :)

For what it’s worth, yesterday I sent Fox a note asking why some games are replayed and others aren’t, with a request that all UCWBB be replayed. It will be interesting to see if they respond. (I am learning to not have high expectations, and equally important, to have lots of patience. I am pleasantly surprised when I get responses to inquiries or comments that I had made many weeks earlier.)

In any event, as noted by others the Seton Hall game is available on replay and I therefore am applying for mojo credit.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, yesterday I sent Fox a note asking why some games are replayed and others aren’t, with a request that all UCWBB be replayed. It will be interesting to see if they respond. (I am learning to not have high expectations, and equally important, to have lots of patience. I am pleasantly surprised when I get responses to inquiries or comments that I had made many weeks earlier.)

In any event, as noted by others the Seton Hall game is available on replay and I therefore am applying for mojo credit.
FWIW, UConn is the only women’s team listed in the replays which only seem to go back 2 days

C60D055D-023E-4DD5-A8F0-578E1A564AA6.jpeg

Reaction Score
Women’s Basketball Alliance has a 30 minute replay on Youtube now. Not the full game but enough to give one the flavor of it.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
FWIW, UConn is the only women’s team listed in the replays which only seem to go back 2 days

View attachment 95326

To their credit Fox seems to replay several of the SNY games which is why it was so disappointing they didn’t do so with the last game.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
This evening I watched the Fox Sports app replay of the Seton Hall game. I enjoyed the game the second time, as usual. I am really glad because I only encountered a couple of issues, the streaming froze a couple of times, during their 3 minute ads, and was booted out of the app. Upon re-opening the app and selecting the game, I was returned to the same action in the game. Once I was returned to the game, the other time I got to watch the ads again before returning to the correct game place.
This was quite a difference from when I watched the Providence replay, I couldn't watch past the beginning of the 2nd quarter because it switched to a different replay.

Reaction Score
MOD EDIT: See this before clicking on any illegal replays of SNY games

Last edited by a moderator:

Centerstream

Reaction Score
@Geosfun
UConn has a contract with SNY. They can't do anything about it until the contract is up. And SNY does offer a way for fans not in their viewing area (ie. nationwide) to stream their broadcasts. They didn't have to do that (unless it is part of their contract with UConn).
I'm wondering how many other schools, not in a conference that has a national network, has a tv station that carries their games AND offers a way for the games to be seen outside of their viewing area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom