Washington has fired Lorenzo Romar | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Washington has fired Lorenzo Romar

Reaction Score
If anyone thinks Romar is taking an assistant's gig, they're standing on the third rail of stupid.

He'll have his pick of mid-major gigs on the west coast and probably could get a lesser P5/G5 job now - people will take a chance on a guy who can recruit. USF is googling ways to poison Brian Gregory right now.
I was kidding about Romar being a recruiter for us, Huskymagic is serious.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
ECU should fire Lebo and hire Romar.

Reaction Score
Raphael Chillious coached Isaiah Thomas at South Kent and then took him with him to Washington.
Isaiah Thomas is from Tacoma Washington and was already committed to UW while at Curtis High school. The South Kent thing was worked up by he and Romar together to make sure he qualified, since he was falling behind at Curtis.

H

huskymagic

Fish you do realize I'm not serious about the Romar thing. It's just food for thought although I would still reach out to him. We're just having some free agency fun.

The only realistic candidate we have is Tiger Tom. I'm all aboard the Moore train. Definitely not a fan of Killings that part is true.

Reaction Score
A quick hook on Killings magic. What is it with your assessment of the guy who has been here only a short time. Maybe I'm missing something.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
UWs assistant Raphael Chillious is the ace recruiter there. He's from the DMV so he could be available. He had UW on top
Of Immanuel Quickleys list. Would be a great get for Uconn
Took a little research to find out what you were talking about. DM Veloite that is. I thought you meant the department of motor vehicles (?) !!!

Reaction Score
Mizzou should hire Lawson's dad from Memphis too. They've got another kid who is top 20 in '19 and it appears they want to leave Memphis

This to me is so ridiculously shady. I don't know if Lawson's dad has a great resume, but I assume he doesn't, because I'm a schmuck and assume the worst.

Reaction Score
A quick hook on Killings magic. What is it with your assessment of the guy who has been here only a short time. Maybe I'm missing something.

I haven't seen enough of Killings yet, but I have seen enough of Glen Miller and would axe him first

Reaction Score
This to me is so ridiculously shady. I don't know if Lawson's dad has a great resume, but I assume he doesn't, because I'm a schmuck and assume the worst.
He was a good AAU coach, maybe because his kids played for him and they were high level recruits. However he was absolutely hired at Memphis to ensure his kids went there. And now Mizzou is getting into this business so why not double down.

Reaction Score
He was a good AAU coach, maybe because his kids played for him and they were high level recruits. However he was absolutely hired at Memphis to ensure his kids went there. And now Mizzou is getting into this business so why not double down.

If he was his kids AAU coach then he wasn't that good. His kid should me much farther along with that skill set for a big guy than he actually is.

But you're right, a lot of coaches playing that game now kind of surprised at Cuonzo Martin who seems to have this all planned out prior to his change of scenery?

Reaction Score
Moo made Martin one of the top paid coaches in the country. 7 years 21 million. For that amount of money you damn well better expect he will do everything in his power to bring in some talent.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Hypothetical question. Do you think Ollie would hire Porter Sr. to get Porter Jr.? Also, this happens quite often (hiring the dad, aau coach) but does it usually work? Off the top of my head I know it did work for Kansas and Larry Brown when he hired Danny Manning's dad.

Reaction Score
Hypothetical question. Do you think Ollie would hire Porter Sr. to get Porter Jr.? Also, this happens quite often (hiring the dad, aau coach) but does it usually work? Off the top of my head I know it did work for Kansas and Larry Brown when he hired Danny Manning's dad.

I don't think he would, on the one hand it would go hand in hand with the "family" atmosphere aspect, but he's not part of the UConn family.

I think at this point Ollie is hypersensitive to doing anything that would come across as dirty or sneaky, and this falls into that category

EDIT: Though, stealing Killings from Temple might fall into the sneaky column

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

I'm pretty sure Ollie would have a lot of competition for Porter Sr...

Reaction Score
Pastner hired the Lawsons' dad for Memphis as well. It'll probably happen more and more going forward

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom