Washington has fired Lorenzo Romar | The Boneyard

Washington has fired Lorenzo Romar

H

huskymagic

Kevin Ollie and UCONN should hire Romar. Get rid of Killings and get a killer recruiter like Romar. We need more Markelle Fultzes, Michael Porters, etc at UCONN. This guy knows how to get it done on the recruiting trail.

#RoamingforRomar

Reaction Score
Mizzou should hire Lawson's dad from Memphis too. They've got another kid who is top 20 in '19 and it appears they want to leave Memphis

Reaction Score
Why would Romar want to be an assistant at a non-P5 school making no money?

He can wait and get a gig somewhere

I remember meeting him at the 2011 FF, not a nicer person anywhere.

Kevin Ollie and UCONN should hire Romar. Get rid of Killings and get a killer recruiter like Romar. We need more Markelle Fultzes, Michael Porters, etc at UCONN. This guy knows how to get it done on the recruiting trail.

#RoamingforRomar

Reaction Score

#RoamingforRomar

Romar is not going to take an assistant job. Plenty of lower level HC jobs available.

Reaction Score
UWs assistant Raphael Chillious is the ace recruiter there. He's from the DMV so he could be available. He had UW on top
Of Immanuel Quickleys list. Would be a great get for Uconn

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

#RoamingforRomar
1 year and you want to get rid of Killings?
And Romar would really want to be an AHC?
You crack me up - I consider you a comic

Reaction Score

This has great "Ben Simmons at LSU" potential despite the fact that Cuonzo's a pretty good coach.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
UWs assistant Raphael Chillious is the ace recruiter there. He's from the DMV so he could be available. He had UW on top

This is not the craziest idea, but it's not going to happen.

Chillious was Josh Boone's prep coach and also did a stint at South Kent.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

They have crazy ties to Missouri.

I think Porter's mom is the sister of the Missouri women's coach and his two sisters play there. His dad was also an assistant coach for the women's team for a few years and the family might still live there.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

#RoamingforRomar

Do you have anything beyond your own gut and superstition to further elucidate why you think Killings should get the axe?

Your post makes it seem as if you think recruiting a player is as simple as pressing the right combo of buttons on an Xbox controller.

H

huskymagic

Do you have anything beyond your own gut and superstition to further elucidate why you think Killings should get the axe?

Your post makes it seem as if you think recruiting a player is as simple as pressing the right combo of buttons on an Xbox controller.

I don't want to see anyone lose their job, Killings should be moved to an office job. Romar is a proven recruiter. I want to see a guy who can recruit top 30 elite guys like Romar not top 200 players like Killings.

I know Romar is not looking to be an assistant but it doesn't hurt to reach out. Who knows if he really wants to be part of a rebuilding process at a lowly P-5 school or a mid major program when he couldn't get it done at Washington with top tier talent and a weak Pac 12 conference.

#RoamingforRomar

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I don't want to see anyone lose their job, Killings should be moved to an office job. Romar is a proven recruiter. I want to see a guy who can recruit top 30 elite guys like Romar not top 200 players like Killings.

I know Romar is not looking to be an assistant but it doesn't hurt to reach out. Who knows if he really wants to be part of a rebuilding process at a lowly P-5 school or a mid major program when he couldn't get it done at Washington with top tier talent and a weak Pac 12 conference.

#RoamingforRomar

FYI: This is the kind of garbage that makes people put you on "ignore."

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If anyone thinks Romar is taking an assistant's gig, they're standing on the third rail of stupid.

He'll have his pick of mid-major gigs on the west coast and probably could get a lesser P5/G5 job now - people will take a chance on a guy who can recruit. USF is googling ways to poison Brian Gregory right now.

Reaction Score

#RoamingforRomar

Are you an adult?

Reaction Score

#RoamingforRomar
I do not mean to be mean, but holy crap you say some stupid stuff

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He wants Killings moved to Accounting. Or maybe Word Processing.

Reaction Score
Raphael Chillious coached Isaiah Thomas at South Kent and then took him with him to Washington.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom