OT: - Was Yale the best team in Connecticut this year? | The Boneyard

OT: Was Yale the best team in Connecticut this year?

Reaction Score
Wow, after that performance against LSU, I was left wondering that very question. They just would not go away, even after so many missed shots (and so many of those shots were good, clean looks) and so many runs by LSU. They just kept taking knock out punch after knock out punch from the Tigers. Yale got it down to 3 in the closing seconds with a decent shot at extending the game. Oh well. Still, much respect to the Bulldogs today. They could have easily folded. I kept thinking, "Would Uconn actually win if they played?" I am honestly not so sure.

Thoughts? Opinions? I know it was only one game, but still, Yale is not that bad.

Reaction Score
No, I don't think UConn would, unfortunately. I think Hurley will get UConn back on track and then some and there was some promise this year (Carlton improvement). But Yale I think is the better team this year.

Reaction Score
I went to a couple Yale games this year. They're definitely a good team. Really thought they were going to win today. Miye Oni has been so great all year but he had a real rough showing today.

I don't know if they're better than UConn but it's certainly possible. They beat some P5 teams in the OOC and ripped through the Ivy League.

Reaction Score
Wow, after that performance against LSU, I was left wondering that very question. They just would not go away, even after so many missed shots (and so many of those shots were good, clean looks) and so many runs by LSU. They just kept taking knock out punch after knock out punch from the Tigers. Yale got it down to 3 in the closing seconds with a decent shot at extending the game. Oh well. Still, much respect to the Bulldogs today. They could have easily folded. I kept thinking, "Would Uconn actually win if they played?" I am honestly not so sure.

Thoughts? Opinions? I know it was only one game, but still, Yale is not that bad.
Without question

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
1553206053855.gif

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Hillhouse highschool girls basketball,Norwalk girls highschool basketball and the West Haven eighth grade girls travel team. The three best teams in the state this year.

Reaction Score
If you already know the answer why ask the question?
My title was going to be "Yale was the best team in CT this year" but I decided to be more diplomatic and figured there would be a small segment of people against that sentiment, hence the question. A question invites more people even though I think it is quite clear, personally. In fact I truly believe Yale has been top dog in CT for at three years out of the past few in recent memory including the year they upset Baylor and lost to duke by 5, which was 2016 I think and the year when they beat Uconn (that year Uconn finished 19-15 I believe and Yale was 13-1 in the ivy).

Uconn's first order of business is to reclaim top dog status in CT, starting next year and within two years I think they can regain top dog status in New England (or at least 2nd to nova) so that, by year four in the Hurley rebuild, Uconn will really be cooking nationally.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, if they could hit the broad side of a barn they would have won that game fairly easily.

Reaction Score
I’m going to disagree somewhat. The lineup that played against Syracuse would beat Yale in a best of 7. The lineup that finished the season would lose to Yale.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Three New England teams in the dance, non from “power conferences”

Reaction Score
Yale best in New England not just CT. Nice team if Ino doesn't go 2-15 they have a chance to be playing Saturday.

Reaction Score
Do you think they are better than Vermont?
You'd think Yale losing to UVM by 9 points this season would answer this question pretty quickly but there is a chance somebody can use demented Boneyard logic to convince me otherwise.

Reaction Score
You'd think Yale losing to UVM by 9 points this season would answer this question pretty quickly but there is a chance somebody can use demented Boneyard logic to convince me otherwise.
100% forgot they played.

Reaction Score
Yeah how dare someone say Yale is better after Vermont beat them 4 months ago because all college teams are the same 4 months later? Wow :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Do you think they are better than Vermont?

Arguably only yes. Only small eye test but Yale seemed a bit better first 5 but both nice teams. I could see those who think UV. Both had their chances today.

Reaction Score
My top 10 CBB teams in New England:

1) UVM
2) Yale
3) Providence
4) Northeastern
5) UConn
6) Harvard
7) BC
8) Brown
9) URI
10) Hartford