Was visiting RU rivals board | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Was visiting RU rivals board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well I visited your Rivals Board and loved the echo I got from there. Although I wish there was a way they could stop the tumbleweeds which keep blowing through there.
I visited the RU board the other day.....

and was diagnosed with 3 different STD's 10 mins later

coincidence ??? i think not
Of course not: Rutgers boasts some of the best medical researchers in the world, so it's no surprise that someone on the board could easily diagnose those ovine STD's you picked up. You really need to learn that "Baaaaa!" means "No."
You really should sanitize your keyboard then.
At least the kinds of viruses he has can't be spread via computer.

Reaction Score
Hope our players catch wind of this. Fantastic bulletin board material.

I believe Iowa fans did something like this against Minnesota at the Metrodome a few years back.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Well I visited your Rivals Board and loved the echo I got from there. Although I wish there was a way they could stop the tumbleweeds which keep blowing through there.

Please.

This crew (which is larger than yours) has come and gone from Rivals and Scout. Just because the merry band of kool-aid misfits isn't big enough to matter doesn't mean you need to come spewing your envy here.

Run along, there's a 14 page thread on the weather you should check up on with the other 12 RU fans on Rivals. Internet tough guys for a school that's never backed it up, in anything, ever.

Reaction Score
Please.

This crew (which is larger than yours) has come and gone from Rivals and Scout. Just because the merry band of kool-aid misfits isn't big enough to matter doesn't mean you need to come spewing your envy here.

Run along, there's a 14 page thread on the freaking weather you should check up on with the other 12 RU fans on Rivals. Internet tough guys for a school that's never backed it up, in anything, ever.

LOL.

RU's rivals site has 165 members on *right now*, and another 170 guests. This site has 37, with 350 guests. At peak hours it goes to around 2000 at rivals... no idea what it is here, but you don't even have 2000 registered users! 1900 something total to ever register!

The RU scout site has 810 users online right now, no breakdown given of members vs guests. Peak hours sees it at 2000+ as well, a completely different group than the rivals site.

And then you have stateofrutgers.com, which, much like your boneyard, split away from rivals/scout. Let me show you their traffic at 7:12 AM...

"Currently Active Users: 3304 (191 members and 3113 guests)"

Meanwhile, uconn's scout site has 55 users online right now (again, no breakdown of members vs guests) and your rivals site has.... 3 members online.

This puts aggregate traffic at 356 members for RU, 3000+ guests, and 900 that could be either. And we have 40 members for uconn, 400 guests, and something like 400 that could be either. So I think that pretty much settles it, with 8x the traffic on RU sites than on uconn sites.

Then at any given time in the evening, you have 3 different RU athletics forums with more users ACTIVE than users that have ever registered to post on this board!

While we're on this topic, I decided to pull up Alexa rankings for the school's athletic sites and their full sites.

rutgers.edu: 5170 global rank, 34400 sites linking in
uconn.edu: 16515 global rank, 16100 sites linking in

scarletknights.com: 110000 global rank
uconnhuskies.com: 156000 global rank

Again, this information is freely available at alexa.com.

By the way... RU#'s (the guy who does the weather threads) is a meteorologist, and everyone loves those threads. At least two other meteorologists (amateur?) check in as well. All are far more accurate and knowledgable than the weather channel or whoever else is on TV.

See you at the game tomorrow. I'll be there with 5000 of my closest friends.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
You guys can have the internet wins. We'll take the basketball, baseball, soccer, field hockey, and academic wins.

Reaction Score
You guys can have the internet wins. We'll take the basketball, baseball, soccer, field hockey, and academic wins.

Right, when someone is pointed out for being completely and utterly wrong, go ahead and try to change the subject. Not sure where you are getting academic wins, or who cares about any of that other stuff. Obviously, given the respective interest in the schools, not many people.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Right, when someone is pointed out for being completely and utterly wrong, go ahead and try to change the subject. Not sure where you are getting academic wins, or who cares about any of that other stuff. Obviously, given the respective interest in the schools, not many people.

The academic win comes from US News and World Report. For reference, you may use this link: http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities . In our generally universally accepted numerical system, 58 < 68.
As for no one else caring about "any of that other stuff," you're right, no one cares when UConn beats RU in basketball- because no one realizes RU even plays basketball. Funny, a lot of people sure watched the NCAA tournament we won last year, though.

Reaction Score
Rutgers is the only state university with out its state name in the title. But I guess if they built a school in Chernobyl they probably would find a name other than "Chernobyl University". So it makes some sense.

Reaction Score

I hate when they do that! But we'll see tomorrow. Let 'em bring upp whatever they want. Soccer, Bball, field hockey, badminton, sqaush or Polo, we'll lay the game on the field, and we'll see if their 11 can beat our 11; regardless of their NEW ranking.

Reaction Score
Nice to see ruthedouche make it over to the new forum. Go back to your hole loser.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
While we're on this topic, I decided to pull up Alexa rankings for the school's athletic sites and their full sites.

By the way... RU#'s .
e

UConn used to be that way in the early days of the internet. Now if a pin drops ESPN runs a cover story and Yahoo fabricates one. Casual fans can get their UConn news everywhere.

Web Sites like NBADraft.net run stories and live threads during UConn games.

Do you know how hard it is to get timely Rutgers Sports news on the internet?

Mock Lottery

2012 Mock Draft | 2013 Mock Draft | Create Mock

Updated: 11/25/11 10:53 am

min_25_1.gif
Minnesota Andre Drummond Fr.
cle_25_1.gif
Cleveland Jeremy Lamb So.

UCONN loses to UCF

Posted on: Today at 4:08pm

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
The biggest Rutgers Sports story this decade was courtesy of Don Imus.

If the Rugrat troll dolls didn't dress, talk and wear their hair like Don King no one would know where Rutgers was.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Hey, what do the Alexa rankings say about your empty trophy case?

You STILL have NEVER won the Big East. Not even a share. And, like I said, you never will.

Reaction Score
Rutgers is the only state university with out its state name in the title. But I guess if they built a school in Chernobyl they probably would find a name other than "Chernobyl University". So it makes some sense.

I think we need to call them NJU. It could rhyme really well with BCU.

Reaction Score

quote]

Only a nitwit would think that the pointing out the fact that UConn Rivals board is deserted would actually bother us somehow.

Reaction Score
Here's my take on the RU vs UConn fanbase.

2006 was RU's "Dream Season" and it was exactly when these Recruiting sites were booming, thus they have a strong presence on Internet websites. Schiano was also doing a good job of recruiting and was not secretive about it thus there was quite a bit of fanfare on the RU boards (Teal, Toal, Zuttah, etc.)

Because of their lack of success in athletics the RU faithful have been very strong in travelling to Bowl Games as that's pretty much their only opportunity to attend an event where they could win a trophy at the end of the day. I don't mean any disrespect. It's great to see the enthusiasm of RU fans, but their assertion that they have a bigger/more loyal following than UConn is silly.

UConn's prominence and "Husky Hoopla" started in the late 80's, early 90's way before the advent of these types of Forums, so we've never really had that one tranformative event to really get our fanbase to flood UConn sites. Also Edsall was very coy about recruiting so the UConn forums were virtually dead in terms of recruiting news. Our growth in football has been pretty steady therefore we've never really had "Dream Season" to really get the state going crazy.

UConn meanwhile offers dozens of high profile events for its fanbase to attend each year - Women's FF (W-Basketball), NCAA Tournament (M-Basketball), Bowl Games (Football), plus high profile pre-season tournaments (Maui, Pre-Season NIT, etc.) and usually a deep run in the Big East Basketball Tournament at Madison Square Garden. Add to that many high profile Men's and Women's regular season games that take place at Gampel and the XL Center. Thus UConn fans have to pick and choose what events to go to (both in terms of time and money). I myself always try to attend the Big East Tournament at MSG. A lot of UConn fans did not make it to the FF in Houston because they had chosen to go to Phoenix for the BCS Bowl. Also the Womens team was also at their own FF.

So in sum comparing the two fan bases is like comparing apples and oranges.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

2006 was RU's "Dream Season" and it was exactly when these Recruiting sites were booming, thus they have a strong presence on Internet websites. Schiano was also doing a good job of recruiting and was not secretive about it thus there was quite a bit of fanfare on the RU boards (Teal, Toal, Zuttah, etc.)

Because of their lack of success in athletics the RU faithful have been very strong in travelling to Bowl Games as that's pretty much their only opportunity to attend an event where they could win a trophy at the end of the day. I don't mean any disrespect. It's great to see the enthusiasm of RU fans, but their assertion that they have a bigger/more loyal following than UConn is silly.

UConn's prominence and "Husky Hoopla" started in the late 80's, early 90's way before the advent of these types of Forums, so we've never really had that one tranformative event to really get our fanbase to flood UConn sites. Also Edsall was very coy about recruiting so the UConn forums were virtually dead in terms of recruiting news. Our growth in football has been pretty steady therefore we've never really had "Dream Season" to really get the state going crazy.

UConn meanwhile offers dozens of high profile events for its fanbase to attend each year - Women's FF (W-Basketball), NCAA Tournament (M-Basketball), Bowl Games (Football), plus high profile pre-season tournaments (Maui, Pre-Season NIT, etc.) and usually a deep run in the Big East Basketball Tournament at Madison Square Garden. Add to that many high profile Men's and Women's regular season games that take place at Gampel and the XL Center. Thus UConn fans have to pick and choose what events to go to (both in terms of time and money). I myself always try to attend the Big East Tournament at MSG. A lot of UConn fans did not make it to the FF in Houston because they had chosen to go to Phoenix for the BCS Bowl. Also the Womens team was also at their own FF.

This apples and oranges explanation is way too complicated. Internet fans are an unhealthy bunch of obsessive fanatics that confuse the virtual world from the real world. The analogy should be acorns and almonds. The explanation is simple. RU has a lot more nuts than UConn.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Never underestimate the ability of Rivals and Scout to tease some fanbases with recruiting stars. We have always been out of the loop on that nonsense because of HCRE not going after players a clown like Farrel rates highly. The Rutgers rivals board yesterday was, of course, discussing how 2 star players like McCombs and Williams could play so well. Someday they may figure out the scam.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
5 plus pages about RU?

next week, win a free ten day vacation to Tehran, the beautiful capital of Iran

Reaction Score
LOL.

RU's rivals site has 165 members on *right now*, and another 170 guests. This site has 37, with 350 guests. At peak hours it goes to around 2000 at rivals... no idea what it is here, but you don't even have 2000 registered users! 1900 something total to ever register!

The RU scout site has 810 users online right now, no breakdown given of members vs guests. Peak hours sees it at 2000+ as well, a completely different group than the rivals site.

And then you have stateofrutgers.com, which, much like your boneyard, split away from rivals/scout. Let me show you their traffic at 7:12 AM...

Meanwhile, uconn's scout site has 55 users online right now (again, no breakdown of members vs guests) and your rivals site has.... 3 members online.

This puts aggregate traffic at 356 members for RU, 3000+ guests, and 900 that could be either. And we have 40 members for uconn, 400 guests, and something like 400 that could be either. So I think that pretty much settles it, with 8x the traffic on RU sites than on uconn sites.

Then at any given time in the evening, you have 3 different RU athletics forums with more users ACTIVE than users that have ever registered to post on this board!

By the way... RU#'s (the guy who does the weather threads) is a meteorologist, and everyone loves those threads. At least two other meteorologists (amateur?) check in as well. All are far more accurate and knowledgable than the weather channel or whoever else is on TV.

This probably means Rutgers fans have a higher rate of unemployment than UConn fans. I hope you, and your 5,000 closest friends enjoyed yesterday's game........

Reaction Score
LOL.

Yes because we all know that the number of fans on a message board is a great indicator of things. :rolleyes:

You will have to excuse us, we are too busy working or perhaps visiting the trophy case at our school. You should go by there sometime to see what some BE and National Titles look like. It will likely be as close to one as an RU fan you will ever get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom