Was that a bench warning or a foul on our bench? | The Boneyard

Was that a bench warning or a foul on our bench?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Hurley was in the face of a kid at the end of our bench. Maybe is was Diarra? I wasn't sure if a foul was called on the bench or if the ref gave a stern warning that triggered Hurley to walk down to the end of the bench to say something.

What happened?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ref warned Diarra and then Hurley went over and talked to him. The ref had said something to Diarra earlier in the game too. He was eyeing our bench the whole game from the get go, telling Hurley to stop talking and snapping at players and coaches. He seemed to have it in for us from the start.

Reaction Score
Yea, from TV, you would never know any of this...Seth Greenberg spent most of his color commentating discussing other aspects, from Duke basketball, to college basketball in general, and a little bit of "coaching" comments...he talked over the play by play so much and they would never go back to discuss what actually happened in the game.

I turned to my wife at one point and said they have successfully not done any play by play in 4 possessions...that's just wrong.

Reaction Score
Yea, from TV, you would never know any of this...Seth Greenberg spent most of his color commentating discussing other aspects, from Duke basketball, to college basketball in general, and a little bit of "coaching" comments...he talked over the play by play so much and they would never go back to discuss what actually happened in the game.

I turned to my wife at one point and said they have successfully not done any play by play in 4 possessions...that's just wrong.

I think they talked about the college football playoff more than they did any play by play. God I hate ESPN.

Kevin Connors: "What does UConn need to do here on offense, Seth?"

Seth GreenBUM: "I mean you saw the way Alabama battled back by settling in and running a controlled offense, it was a thing of the beauty to watch. What a great story for Jalen Hurts. Zion Williamson and Coach K are gods...

...erm, move the ball side to side"

(I actually really really like Kevin Connors tho)

Reaction Score
Seth Greenberg is verging on Dicki V level nonsense and grandstanding of ESPN’s favorite children.
ESPN has been Duke U, for many years. ESPN never forgives us for rocking the DUKE boat, not once, but twice!

Reaction Score
The amount of time they spent discussing the women's game vs Notre Dame was very annoying. I for one do not care about women's basketball.
Basically no one does, that's why they have to hype it up all the time

Reaction Score
The amount of time they spent discussing the women's game vs Notre Dame was very annoying. I for one do not care about women's basketball.
ESPN rarely covers the event they are broadcasting well as they are too busy promoting the halftime show, college football playoffs, other ESPN events, etc. Fox does the same thing. That's why when I can I like to get to the live event and I'm glad I was at this one despite the loss.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

Greenberg is bad. The moron with him was worse.
Every now and then, Greenberg would look up from reading his notes on which Duke topic to talk about next, and notice something happening on the floor, the completely misinterpret what he just saw, and Open his yap to let the stupid flow out. eg. "Alterique Gilbert called for his 3rd foul." Then "Looks like they've changed that call to a jump ball." When the actual thing happening was he ball went out of bounds, and Gilbert wasn't even involved in the play.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Which charge call? There seemed to be 10 against us.

We were on the wrong end of the vast majority of charge / block calls, we were the only team that travels (including a blatant miss against Zona late), a three was taken away by a quick finger on an inbounds play (think the buzzer went off when Jalen caught the ball AND the clock should have been reset anyways) and they took away a three on a moving screen.

It took every call to beat us

Reaction Score
We were on the wrong end of the vast majority of charge / block calls, we were the only team that travels (including a blatant miss against Zona late), a three was taken away by a quick finger on an inbounds play (think the buzzer went off when Jalen caught the ball AND the clock should have been reset anyways) and they took away a three on a moving screen.

It took every call to beat us
And the calls we got we didn’t make all our FTs

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I made a thread after the game about how awful and lopsided the officiating was in Arizona's favor.

With 1 min left in the second half, Arizona had 3 team fouls (to our 12). 3 fouls in 19 mins of basketball. I don't think I've ever seen that big of a discrepancy in a college basketball game.

And in the first half, AZ was already in the bonus LESS THAN 5 MINS into the game.

The whistle took us out of our game defensively... guys played passive trying not to foul.

Not to mention the uncalled traveling on AZ (two in the late game possession where Smith fouled on the 3).

The shot clock error should NEVER happen at home because that's our operator and not the officials, but the refs were atrocious and unbalanced.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom